23 - Jules Kounde

gregorrin10

Because we don't have money for him. IMHO next summer we should definitely go for him or Upamecano!

Or both. God knows we need at least 2 top class CB with Pique most likely gone next summer too and Lenglet clearly not having the quality to be a starter in normal circumstances. How about for a change we throw 100M+ where it's actually needed? Kounde 60-70M, especially if he has another great season and without injuries, and we pay Upamecano's 42M release clause (should do that in January already actually, don't see us getting him if we wait until the summer). The vote of no confidence going through and elections in November/early December, and a new president settled in until January, who likes Upamecano and buys him immediately to show he means business. We desperately already need 1 world class CB, we'll need two by next summer.

Batistuta9

He is excellent. Great at 1v1, has good composure and his understanding of the game is also exceptional. I was surprised how good he is at winning headers taking into account he's quite short for a CB.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He is excellent. Great at 1v1, has good composure and his understanding of the game is also exceptional. I was surprised how good he is at winning headers taking into account he's quite short for a CB.

Definitely. Fortunate he didn't end up at City but I can only assume RM will be in for him soon

He has a great motor, so competitive that he apparently needed counseling to deal with losing in football

JamDav1982

Already been reported that he turned down City as he dreams of Real.

Will sign him as Ramos replacement most likely if keeps up his level.

El Gato

Villarato!
Already been reported that he turned down City as he dreams of Real.

Got a link for that?
Haven't really found this anywhere. Only that he likes Benzema and Mane, not even sure if he mentioned coming up in Bordeaux like Zidane did.

Last edited:

Bulgroz

He never saw Zidane play for Bordeaux (he hardly saw Zidane play, considering his age). But he's a huge Varane fan, he said it a couple times already.

That being said, never read anything about him necessarily being Madrid bound, and afaik he didn't go to City mainly because they didn't pay enough. I do see him staying in Spain though. That's where he'll shine the most. So the next step is probably Real or Barca, next summer I'd wager.

JamDav1982

He never saw Zidane play for Bordeaux (he hardly saw Zidane play, considering his age). But he's a huge Varane fan, he said it a couple times already.

That being said, never read anything about him necessarily being Madrid bound, and afaik he didn't go to City mainly because they didn't pay enough. I do see him staying in Spain though. That's where he'll shine the most. So the next step is probably Real or Barca, next summer I'd wager.

Makes no difference if he saw Zidane play or not really.

El Gato

Villarato!

Any interviews you'd be able to link, even in French?

Makes no difference if he saw Zidane play or not really.

Yh.
He brought up Cannavaro Ballon D'Or when someone questioned his short height as a defender, meaning he's clearly a student of the game, so he'd know where Zidane came up and would have at least been aware of his biggest highlights.

Bulgroz

Oh obviously he knows Zidane, I just mentioned that because you said that they both came up in Bordeaux. He knows it but I really don't see it being an influence on his career choice, that's what I meant but I probably wasn't really cristal clear sorry.

Here's a link to a French interview in which he mentioned being a Varane fanboy:
https://youtu.be/1KKNbZwOJys

He also said - jokingly-, when questioned about Madrid's interest in him, that "apparently Zidane has a keen eye for defenders". He added on a more serious tone that he obviously knew Varane's story and that it inspired him.

I do think it's more likely that he joins Madrid than Barca, simply because Real seems to be way more interested.

El Gato

Villarato!
Yeah no bother, looks like a fairly smart dude. With that kind of quality going forward he seems a different profile than Varane so could work as Ramos replacement. Militao has the Pepe shithousing qualities, is really lean, but also lacked focus until now. I didn't yet see that kind of doubt with Kounde, which might endear Real to the prospect of buying him ASAP even next summer before someone snaps him up.

Cheers for that mate.

malvolio

wish barca gets him. we have very good ties with sevilla, so hopefully that works to our advantage. this club badly needs some leadership at the back

Bulgroz

He put on A LOT of (muscular) weight since he left Bordeaux, and sometimes he looks a bit clumsier than before because of it (there are a couple of weird first touches here and there). But the two dribbles in this video (the one next to the corner post, and that crazy Riquelme-like nutmeg) are pretty damn nice. So are several of his forward passes.

Home of Barca Fans