Barca 888m Debt.

FinBarcelonafan

Not sure how real those figures are, however needless to say our finances are not in a great shape. Two things speak volumes: (1) Bartomeu wanted to raise the debt ceiling but was vetoed by the socis last October, to me clearly it was a sign that we needed to borrow more and take on more debt and (2) we borrowed 140m earlier this year from American investors (I don’t understand how that was appropriated and approved).

Even at 504m for net debt, it is hard for me to imagine how we have any money left to pay down the principal since our post tax net income is quite small (only 11m after the 17/18 season) and we still have a big hole which is the Espai Project to fill, among other things.

It is true that many clubs have debt (Real Madrid had to borrow about 300m earlier this year or so to finance their new Bernabeu I believe), however our debt level is one of the highest, if not the highest.

Yes, all these things make me feel uncomfortable. I hope Bartomeu is not making anything stupid, which will mess up our future. We can't just think about short-term health of the club.

Upgrading Camp Nou should be priority IMO. It's old. We could raise the revenue quite a bit with new stadium and our attendance would raise most likely with the roof. Camp Nou needs a facelift, badly. It's one of the most epic stadium's in Europe, but needs a upgrade.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Yaaaaaikkks if the stadium costs are included in FFP calculations, we're beyond screeeeewed and are gonna run out of kit space!!!!

Our vets are gonna end their elderly care career with sponsor names tatatattooed on their foreheads :tata:

Sell everyone after 2 years and we play all Masia and enjoy football. 5 barren years (we've been through that already) while we build on again. Well, that's the bleakest scenario and it won't happen.

Even if Barca's financial situation is so bad (which it isn't), club is the biggest brand in football and we'll be fine.

snowy

I like your thinking Barcaman!

From the Geriatricos :wheelchair: to the Galactchicos

and onwards & upwards to the ... ...

yy5fcw6z
Galashnikovs :brevet:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans