Transfers and Rumors

F1_STK

Barça will announce a 'Bomb' signing next week, but it won't be Rodrigo or Lautaro. [Catalunya Ràdio]

Vilarrubi

Aubameyang or Cavani?

IF those reports are anything to go by.. "Bomb signing" and neither of Rodrigo or Martinez i'd say it's between Auba, Ben Yedder or Cavani. Some reports are still saying Rodrigo though so who knows. I'm praying it's not him.

FC433

Raiola wants to revolutionise the transfer market: “The system is human trafficking”
The Italian likes the role as a string-puller in the background just as much as the role as a pioneer and innovator, it seems. “I don’t want to come across as arrogant, but I think that I created this market,” Raiola assesses his role. “Football became show and entertainment. I invented the football market in the 25 years I’m active. It’s a gigantic industry by now, which I shaped by never shutting my mouth and always taking a stand for my players.”
Raiola: “The FIFA is done, the old system is over”

His effort also was profitable for himself in financial terms, however. In the past, Wikileaks published documents, according to which Raiola could earn €49 million until 2021 with the return of Pogba to Manchester United in 2016. “I didn’t threaten anyone at Manchester United with a gun to bring back Paul Pogba,” Raiola explained himself. “It’s always about the Pogba deal again, because my friends from the FIFA did not give a shit about the data protection act to influence the public opinion. It’s very strange that it’s always about my earnings, but you don’t hear anything from the FIFA, when Ajax receive €150 million for two boys (Matthijs de Ligt and Frenkie de Jong). Then this is great and Ajax have done well.”
The world association is currently the favourite topic for the agent. You could fight the “corrupt monopolist” FIFA and their “incompetent leaders”, which he has done “with little success” himself for several years, or - “Option 2” - “create a new system, so that you have a choice in any case. With this, we’re occupied right now. The FIFA is the FIFA, go have success with this. We don’t want to have anything to with this anymore soon. We will do it ourselves. The FIFA is done, the old system is over. This is the start of a new era, we are at the foundation. It’s time for a revolution.”
As a first step towards this revolution, he founded the Football Agents Forum (FAF) together with other well-known agents such as Jorge Mendes (Gestifute) and Jonathan Barnett (Stellar Football Ltd) last year. Raiola was voted as the president of the association and thinks the new system will be ready-to-operate in two years. “Then the clubs can choose. For example, I don’t understand, why a transfer of a player from Twente to Verona has to run through the FIFA system. Can’t we do this ourselves in Europe? If a player goes to the MLS, then according to the rules of the MLS and not those of the FIFA (…) Here they want control and a share of the money. At the FIFA everything is about power and money. Not about the interests of football.” The world association will not play a role in the future, according to Raiola and “they know that”.
Raiola: “I told Florentino Pérez that he uses players like gloves”

Raiola is not worried about possible consequences following his statements. “I don’t fear anybody. Not the FIFA, not the UEFA and not a club. That’s the difference between me and most other agents. I argue with Real Madrid, if it’s necessary. I told Florentino Pérez once that he uses players like gloves. If he doesn’t like them, he’ll get a different pair. He didn’t like that, but I told him nonetheless. My head is full of information and the thoughts about changes and improvements never stop. I try to achieve something where I can. But you have to choose you main priorities wisely. For me, changing the world of football is in the first spot at the moment.”

Now big teams are competing with Raiola rather than other clubs. For example:
[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The young Dutch clients of Mino Raiola include:<br><br>Justin Kluivert<br>Calvin Stengs<br>Matthijs de Ligt<br>Donyell Malen<br>Owen Wijndal<br>Mitchel Bakker<br>Myron Boadu<br><br>Soon to be joined by Mo Ihattaren</p>— Dutch Football (@FootballOranje_) <a href="https://twitter.com/FootballOranje_/status/1223308371664756736?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 31, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/tw]

Home of Barca Fans