Ernesto Valverde

serghei

At home we did yeah.

Same united tbat knocked out PSG at home and Same Lyon that city couldn't beat twice.

PSG are bigger bottlers than us ffs, and Lyon is an Europa League team. And CL groups are not the same as CL knockouts, it's like a different competition.

It's like I said, in all of the ties we played in Europe, Ernie faced only one team of the same caliber with us, and he managed to get eliminated twice. That's very hard to do.

I dare anyone to find out the last time we got knocked out from the Champions League by a team of Roma's class.

Last edited:

bismp

Since he isn’t going to leave any time soon,this idiot had better pull his shit together and do the bare minimum to help the GOAT from now on.

Nello

PSG are bigger bottlers than us ffs, and Lyon is an Europa League team. And CL groups are not the same as CL knockouts, it's like a different competition.

It's like I said, in all of the ties we played in Europe, Ernie faced only one team of the same caliber with us, and he managed to get eliminated twice. That's very hard to do.

I dare anyone to find out the last time we got knocked out from the Champions League by a team of Roma's class.

Exactly.

KingLeo10

I was just thinking. We chalk his obsession with seniors in crucial games to incompetence/mediocre tactical understanding but the true reason may be even more sinister.

We've had 3 must win/survive CL games in 2.5 years under him. Roma away, Liverpool away, Dortmund home. All 3 times he's defaulted to the likes of Rakitic, Busquets, Roberto, Vidal when in each campaign prior to that, he played with the likes of Dembele, Arthur, or Semedo.

Maybe the guy KNOWS he's out of his depth and uses the seniors as the fall guys in case things go tits up in those must win/survive fixtures. If the seniors are played and they choke, then the seniors can't turn on the manager. They were the ones out on the pitch. Now if EV was ambitious and fielded our young talent and we still choked, the fall would be on EV. This explains in part why the seniors defend the guy so much. They're, in a sense, defending themselves and illusion of invincibility they're crafted in their minds over illustrious careers.

serghei

I think he's the dumb pragmatist type.

Many people think the pragmatist is defensive. But it's not really true. Pragmatism means adopting the tactic which leads to the best results, little to no concern for anything else. If the result is bad, the pragmatist looks like a clown since that is the be all and end all for him. So Valverde is not a pragmatist because his high-stakes results are terrible. He's a deluded manager, unable to understand that this team can't defend leads against any serious attacking side. Not even a Liverpool missing two thirds of their starting trio.

Valverde would've been a tactical pragmatist if his side would've hold Liverpool on Anfield to a 0-0, or 0-1, Mourinho style with 10 men Inter on Camp Nou in 2010 for reference. As he lost 4-0, he's just dumb as a rock.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

"It'd be real shame if Barca were to lose on the day Ballon D'Or is presented to the Camp Nou faithful"

78118761_2479092572347099_2827245652331724800_o.jpg

Barcilliant

[youtube]xU41pCbpy04[/youtube]
I'd still be more than happy if this guy could replace Valverde. Ideally Ten Hag, but I'd take this guy over Koeman, Valverde or Martinez in this moment.
Especially because he's shown an incredible ability to maintain a very competitive team even tho almost all the best players from his first season has been sold.
This quality makes him quite interesting as one of our problems seems to be Valverde's inability to make a system that suits our current squad. Many of our players are underperforming, and don't have a clear role.

It would be worth getting Gallardo in just for the mere fact that we'd get rid of Shitverde. If Gallardo flops we can get someone else.

Messigician

📰 [MD🥇] | Messi, Suarez and Griezmann trained today despite having permission from Valverde to miss the session and have the day off

serghei

Lol, even the veterans think there are too many days off. :lol:

Can't wait for april to see which team will ran over us in CL.

CatalinR10

MZrKgK8.jpg

,, Valverde : I was against Messi Suarez and Griezmann going out to eat food high in sugar and fat but they said to my face they don't give a shit. Anyone else would be upset and angry but let's be real here....If you see your sons not taking you serious , not obeying you , wouldn't you be proud that they're their own men now ? " [sport]

Home of Barca Fans