Ernesto Valverde

soul24rage

Didn't watch the match only a 10min highlight, but Valverde grabs another win with ease. Things start clicking with better and more fitting midfielders. Man I hope this Guy ends up winning the treble just to shut all Anti-valverde cult down for good.

I really really hope that EV can win the treble and I would love to see that.

However even if we do win the treble, my personal feeling is that it'll be more down to individual quality of the players rather than any tactics that EV comes up with.

We'll see how the season goes.

MTL_Barca

Didn't watch the match only a 10min highlight, but Valverde grabs another win with ease. Things start clicking with better and more fitting midfielders. Man I hope this Guy ends up winning the treble just to shut all Anti-valverde cult down for good.

Wanting Barca to win the treble not for the team or fans but for Valverde and then crying about an anti-cult, the state of the Ernie fanclub :lol:

Marshall D Teach

Hell will freeze over, pigs will fly and Man Utd under OGS will win a treble before before Valverde wins the CL. I don't care how many league titles he flukes, the CL is way too big for him. Even if he had all the luck in the world, it wouldn't be enough. Not for Valverde.

The stars aligned perfectly last year and he still managed to blow it. He won't get another chance like that.

Last edited:

Marshall D Teach

Imagine seeing Valverde do the exact same shit for two seasons in a row and thinking the third one's going to be any different :lol:

This season is going to be another CL humiliation that Valverde fanboys will defend and make every excuse in the book for. Maybe a league title with ~85 points because our rivals are trash.

Potroh

However even if we do win the treble, my personal feeling is that it'll be more down to individual quality of the players rather than any tactics that EV comes up with.

With a tremendous amount of luck, Barca could even win the CL, I seriously doubt it, but why not, anything is possible.
But Valverde, even with 3 CL trophies under his belt, would remain nothing more but a mid-table and mediocre coach.

George_Costanza

Wanting Barca to win the treble not for the team or fans but for Valverde and then crying about an anti-cult, the state of the Ernie fanclub :lol:

xgz9nkR.gif

George_Costanza

With a tremendous amount of luck, Barca could even win the CL, I seriously doubt it, but why not, anything is possible.
But Valverde, even with 3 CL trophies under his belt, would remain nothing more but a mid-table and mediocre coach.

With Messi, the team is far more consistent in La Liga, but at UCL the team needs proper tactics and a motivational manager especially against teams coached by the top managers like Klopp and Guardiola.

soul24rage

Yeah I also seriously doubt that we can win the CL with EV as manager as I also do think he's not good enough for a Barca manager.

Which is why, by the smallest of chances, if we win the CL, it'll probably be due to the quality of the players and luck rather than EV masterminding the victory.

MTL_Barca

Tbf Barca was quite close to actually winning it last season. I mean the Anfield meltdown was as tragic as it was predictable (we all knew how this will go after the first goal) but in some parallel universe they score one less or Barca scores another etc so with a bit more luck the final was very realistic. And beating Spurs would've been as easy as it get's in a CL final.

The team could've done it even with an average coach, so i wouldn't count it for this season as well. You don't have to beat every team, you only have to beat 4 teams in the k.o. stage and sometimes things just go your way.

Havesaks

Well, Zidane showed you don't always need to be a genius tactian to produce great feats and make a legacy for yourself.

Has implemented more starter to this team than any other. Semedo, Lenglet, Roberto, Frenkie, Arthur.

The circumstances he had to operate under are way worse than Lucho, tata, Tito. And he has managed our squad well. Results have also been good all in all. 2/2 La Ligas and 1 Copa del Rey. + 1/4 and 1/2 finals in Chl.

You can't just give all the credits to the players, it goes hand in hand normally.

CatalinR10

- imagine being Valverde ( disgusting piece of shit )

- imagine starting the season like shit

- imagine being on 8th place or whatever after 4 rounds

- imagine Atletico being in front of you by 5 points already

- imagine thinking that this fucker's ( disgusting piece of shit ) time at the club is over

- imagine fast forwarding a couple of weeks seeing Barca on the first place with 1 point ahead of RM and 3 ahead of Atletico.

- imagine.

I actually have no words , absolutely sickening how lucky this disgusting piece of shit is.

mc_lovin

I generally think players are much more important than coaches. Valverde did some stupid shit, but I have a much better feeling this season. Maybe its just because our midfield is better to watch (because of player quality).

Potroh

And beating Spurs would've been as easy as it get's in a CL final.

Well, yes but the meltdown could have happened in the final instead. Perhaps it would have been even more painful.
Look at PSG, they were 200% better than Spurs, then conceded two lucky goals in injury-time.

serghei

Yeah I also seriously doubt that we can win the CL with EV as manager as I also do think he's not good enough for a Barca manager.

Which is why, by the smallest of chances, if we win the CL, it'll probably be due to the quality of the players and luck rather than EV masterminding the victory.

EV will have to make some good calls to win the CL. We can win it without the coach being a mastermind, due to the talent in the squad and multiple match winners we have, but the manager still needs to play a part for that to happen.

We didn't win the CL because of Lucho, but he played a part too. Even if we blew teams apart with MSN firing on full cillinders those 6 months.

Home of Barca Fans