Page 329 of 341 FirstFirst ... 229279319327328329330331339 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,935 of 5106

Thread: Retardo

  1. #4921
    Senior Member
    LeeRomeno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    1,357
    In order to stand out in modern football, all stars must align. There has to be perfect coach (who's temperament suits the players he coaches, has great tactics that suit the physic of his players etc) for perfect players (perfect mix of youth with experience, hungry players who have not won much) with board making correct decisions (correct purchases, getting the type of players coach wants etc) and support. There are very few teams that fall under that category in recent history. I would say Peps Barca, Zidanes Real, Jupps Bayern, Klopps Liverpool, Fergusons ManU go under it. Those are teams, that play incredible football, win alot and are universally loved by fans and sometimes also neutrals and those are teams all successors are constantly compared to.
    If not all those elements are not in place, magic will not happen and in comparison, fans will be disappointed. I would give Valverde seasons 9/6/5. He was really impressive in his first season, apart from that Roma game, second season went okey until that final month, when all collapsed and when he should have really left or been fired. This season has been constant struggle with SuperCopa game actually being one of the best ones we had. Oh the irony. Valverdes biggest problem was that he was too much of a nice guy, he lacked fire and motivate his aging and demotivated squad. With some other coaches, hairdryers would have flown in half time in Anfield, he just is not that type of person, and this is the type of person our team needs at the moment. He is definitely a smart and nice guy and knows the tactics, but another thing is getting players actually do what he wants and he lacked that, especially with the "amigos".
    But how big part of fanbase treats him like he was some antichrist is just sad. People have a habit of trying to find simple answers to complex questions and over the years, for many, Valverde turned into that answer. Reactions on his sacking are living proof of that.

  2. #4922
    Villarato!
    Wolfe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,577
    Quote Originally Posted by KingLeo10 View Post
    [MENTION=2]Barcaman[/MENTION], can you ban this clown please? I'm tired of this nonsense.
    Or at least come up with a way that we don’t see the posts of users we’re ignoring in the summary sidebar on the homepage and in quotes
    People are boring.

  3. #4923
    Junior Member
    boixos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    51
    People will soon realize that Valverde was the best man available to manage the sorry state this squad was in. Valverde steadied the ship and won trophies doing so. It's all downhill from here until the next board elections.

  4. #4924
    Member
    vinni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Oslo
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by boixos View Post
    People will soon realize that Valverde was the best man available to manage the sorry state this squad was in. Valverde steadied the ship and won trophies doing so. It's all downhill from here until the next board elections.
    Another option is to blame it on Setien. Thats the problem with Setien’s CV. He is not a proven coach at this stage and can easily be turned in to another scapegoat. It will for sure be interesting to see how this develops.

  5. #4925
    Senior Member
    gregorrin10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Slovenj Gradec
    Posts
    1,464
    Quote Originally Posted by boixos View Post
    People will soon realize that Valverde was the best man available to manage the sorry state this squad was in. Valverde steadied the ship and won trophies doing so. It's all downhill from here until the next board elections.
    It most certainly won't go downhill in terms of our play style and looking exciting on the pitch, cause we basically can't go more downhill in that regard, than we were under Valverde. And honestly, I'd even accept to narrowly lose La Liga if it meant actually enjoying us play, having a system, something to look forward to, than just winning it being as crap as we were in the past 2 years, when we were extremely lucky to win it. While Cl, we never had a chance to win it under Valverde, cause sooner or later you just knew we were gonna fall apart. At least under Setien we can be hopeful, if he gets the team properly trained and playing some nice football for a change.
    Last edited by gregorrin10; 15th January 2020 at 11:54 AM.

  6. #4926
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    1,564
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeRomeno View Post
    In order to stand out in modern football, all stars must align. There has to be perfect coach (who's temperament suits the players he coaches, has great tactics that suit the physic of his players etc) for perfect players (perfect mix of youth with experience, hungry players who have not won much) with board making correct decisions (correct purchases, getting the type of players coach wants etc) and support. There are very few teams that fall under that category in recent history. I would say Peps Barca, Zidanes Real, Jupps Bayern, Klopps Liverpool, Fergusons ManU go under it. Those are teams, that play incredible football, win alot and are universally loved by fans and sometimes also neutrals and those are teams all successors are constantly compared to.
    If not all those elements are not in place, magic will not happen and in comparison, fans will be disappointed. I would give Valverde seasons 9/6/5. He was really impressive in his first season, apart from that Roma game, second season went okey until that final month, when all collapsed and when he should have really left or been fired. This season has been constant struggle with SuperCopa game actually being one of the best ones we had. Oh the irony. Valverdes biggest problem was that he was too much of a nice guy, he lacked fire and motivate his aging and demotivated squad. With some other coaches, hairdryers would have flown in half time in Anfield, he just is not that type of person, and this is the type of person our team needs at the moment. He is definitely a smart and nice guy and knows the tactics, but another thing is getting players actually do what he wants and he lacked that, especially with the "amigos".
    But how big part of fanbase treats him like he was some antichrist is just sad. People have a habit of trying to find simple answers to complex questions and over the years, for many, Valverde turned into that answer. Reactions on his sacking are living proof of that.
    I like your 9-6-5 evaluation. 7 should be the cut, and if we had won either cdr or CL or even both it would have been respectively 8-9-10. All in all EV was a fine coach, not too bad, not too good. And a 6,66 average underlines that.

  7. #4927
    Senior Member
    Vilarrubi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,321
    Quote Originally Posted by boixos View Post
    People will soon realize that Valverde was the best man available to manage the sorry state this squad was in. Valverde steadied the ship and won trophies doing so. It's all downhill from here until the next board elections.
    That’s right, it wasn’t Messi bailing us out constantly or playing like shit but still getting lucky results. It was Valverde’s calming presence and managerial ability which got us the trophies. I’m guessing all the top teams in Europe will know this and Valverde will be back in a top job soon, winning trophies wherever he goes.

  8. #4928
    Senior Member
    bismp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Forum De Amigos HQ
    Posts
    1,838
    I would rate Valverde’s seasons as following:

    8 - 6,5 - 5

    In comparison,I would rate Lucho’s:

    10 - 8,5 - 7

    And Pep’s:

    10 - 8,5 - 9,5 - 7,5
    Barto Out

  9. #4929
    Senior Member
    Devils's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    12,828
    Yeah dawg, Valverde clearly got the most out of this squad and reached the maximum threshold of potential possible with this team.

    Impossible for anyone to improve on his work.

    Only downhill from here.
    Puyol #5

  10. #4930
    6racies Xavi
    messi2140's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    5,028
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilarrubi View Post
    That’s right, it wasn’t Messi bailing us out constantly or playing like shit but still getting lucky results. It was Valverde’s calming presence and managerial ability which got us the trophies. I’m guessing all the top teams in Europe will know this and Valverde will be back in a top job soon, winning trophies wherever he goes.
    He doesn't even need top team to be a league contender any team would suffice for Ernesto " League Master" Valverde.
    Valverde: "I don't think about resigning and I don't feel like players have failed me."

    Valverde: "This is football. It costs us and it costs the whole world."

  11. #4931
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    601
    Quote Originally Posted by bismp View Post
    I would rate Valverde’s seasons as following:

    8 - 6,5 - 5

    In comparison,I would rate Lucho’s:

    10 - 8,5 - 7

    And Pep’s:

    10 - 8,5 - 9,5 - 7,5
    Pep and Lucho in their last seasons got almost as many points as Valverde in his first, and easily enough to win that league. Just sayin.

    Valverde's first season is overrated as hell.
    Zehahahahahahahaha


  12. #4932
    Senior Member
    FinBarcelonafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Turku
    Posts
    8,203
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshall D Teach View Post
    Pep and Lucho in their last seasons got almost as many points as Valverde in his first, and easily enough to win that league. Just sayin.

    Valverde's first season is overrated as hell.
    Not quite. Valverde had probably the worst roster by all coaches. He did very good in his first season.

  13. #4933
    Senior Member
    Andrew M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,788
    Quote Originally Posted by bismp View Post
    I would rate Valverde’s seasons as following:

    8 - 6,5 - 5

    In comparison,I would rate Lucho’s:

    10 - 8,5 - 7

    And Pep’s:

    10 - 8,5 - 9,5 - 7,5
    I'd give Pep's last season a 6 probably

  14. #4934
    Senior Member
    bismp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Forum De Amigos HQ
    Posts
    1,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew M View Post
    I'd give Pep's last season a 6 probably
    Well,we did get 91 points,which would be enough to win La Liga in other seasons.

    Also,we scored 110+ goals in La Liga,so we still played attacking and entertaining football.

    We also won the CdR,beating Madrid over a two legged game in the process.

    We narrowly lost the opportunity to play in the CL final.

    I think if it weren’t for the best domestic Real Madrid of the past 15 years,we would be looking at a domestic double.

    If we were more lucky against Chelsea,we could probably beat Bayern and end the season with CL+CdR.

    So,I think a 7-7,5/10 is fair.
    Barto Out

  15. #4935
    Senior Member
    Andrew M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,788
    Quote Originally Posted by bismp View Post
    Well,we did get 91 points,which would be enough to win La Liga in other seasons.

    Also,we scored 110+ goals in La Liga,so we still played attacking and entertaining football.

    We also won the CdR,beating Madrid over a two legged game in the process.

    We narrowly lost the opportunity to play in the CL final.

    I think if it weren’t for the best domestic Real Madrid of the past 15 years,we would be looking at a domestic double.

    If we were more lucky against Chelsea,we could probably beat Bayern and end the season with CL+CdR.

    So,I think a 7-7,5/10 is fair.
    A lot of ifs in there. Fact is we had the best team on the planet and bottled it in the CL. It's one of the most disappointing seasons I can recall