Ernesto Valverde

Havesaks

No-one should have any pity for these coaches that get paid millions for failing. Honestly, fuck them. They're as bad as CEOs that get massive bonuses for nothing

You know in Denmark there was this guy who was the CEO for a Danish Bank in Estland. There was a big case involving money laundering and he became the scapegoat but got a golden handshake ~ 20m DKK. A year later he was found in his garden, suicide.

There have been studies on people winning the lottery, their happiness a year after was equal to their happiness pre the lottery win.

Should he have resigned in summer? He made an agreement with the club - for some people that matters - and it was the club who pushed for doing the extension before the CL matches while Valverde wanted to wait till the end of season depending on the results. According to media at least, and I find it believable. Valverde has always been a pro, doing it right, and the club wanted him to stay.

I feel sorry for him for how things have been handled. But mostly I feel sorry for him being disrespected and not getting any dignity by at least 50% of the Internet Fanbase. What he brought to the table has been clear since season 1, and despite that club wanted him to stay. That's all. One can make an objective analazye of his shortcomings, maybe even get frustrated with him, but the hate he got has been below anything a nice guy like him should he receive.

Andrew M

You know in Denmark there was this guy who was the CEO for a Danish Bank in Estland. There was a big case involving money laundering and he became the scapegoat but got a golden handshake ~ 20m DKK. A year later he was found in his garden, suicide.

There have been studies on people winning the lottery, their happiness a year after was equal to their happiness pre the lottery win.

Should he have resigned in summer? He made an agreement with the club - for some people that matters - and it was the club who pushed for doing the extension before the CL matches while Valverde wanted to wait till the end of season depending on the results. According to media at least, and I find it believable. Valverde has always been a pro, doing it right, and the club wanted him to stay.

I feel sorry for him for how things have been handled. But mostly I feel sorry for him being disrespected and not getting any dignity by at least 50% of the Internet Fanbase. What he brought to the table has been clear since season 1, and despite that club wanted him to stay. That's all. One can make an objective analazye of his shortcomings, maybe even get frustrated with him, but the hate he got has been below anything a nice guy like him should he receive.

I don't feel that wealth makes all your problems disappear, but it certainly gives you autonomy and mobility. If money doesn't matter to Valverde he could have taken the average national salary in Spain.

When it comes to Valverde in particular, I have not personally resorted to the lows of insulting someone over the internet but that doesn't mean I have pity for him now. There are people in the world with real problems and Valverde is not one of them.

Last edited:

Messigician

Ig Fati: "Mister, first of all thank you for everything you did for me, you gave me the opportunity to fulfil one of my dreams, I learned working with you, I wish you all the best and many successes. I will be eternally grateful! Thank you so much!!" [ansufati]

Messigician

Valverde has the highest win percentage of any manager in the champions league.

If it weren't for Dembele and Umtiti he would be undefeated in 3 years. With back to back trebles at least maybe even a 3rd.

We will see how the squad play without Vavlerde, I predict a steady decline as the squad keeps aging

KingLeo10

If it weren't for Dembele and Umtiti he would be undefeated in 3 years. With back to back trebles at least maybe even a 3rd.

We will see how the squad play without Vavlerde, I predict a steady decline as the squad keeps aging
[MENTION=2]Barcaman[/MENTION], can you ban this clown please? I'm tired of this nonsense.

gregorrin10

Forget Valverde, the way Barca went about their business makes them look bad to potential future managers. The club's run by clowns.

As for Ernie then he knows it's a part of the business. It's not the first time he's gotten sacked. Everyone knew his time was over half a year ago. Everyone but Barto and Ernie himself.

I won't cry for Ernie, but Barca's lack of professionalism since 2010 is embarrassing.

This is not news though. We know we have a corrupt, unprofessional Board, who go about most, if not all things completely the wrong way, and all they care about is how much profit they can make. Their decisions are based on running the club like a business (except when it comes to certain players, which is exactly the wrong move), while completely disregarding any and all sporting decisions in the process. Can we just be happy for one minute though, that we got rid of one problem that is Retardo, possibly two, if Setien can break the 'Club de Amigos'?

Between the shit this Board pulled from 2012 until now, first Rosell and then his henchman Bartomeu, I honestly pretty much gave up hope this could happen, even before 2021. I was just waiting for some good result, like the Clasico win or the Supercopa title, if we'd have won Atletico and then over Real in the final, I still think the news coming out this week would've been much different (they'd announce they decided to take that option to extend Valverde for the extra year, until 2021, when they need to leave too because of the elections). I just felt after years of mediocre coaches, with who they were wasting away Messi's final years and this team's potential in general, that they've finally found their perfect partner in destruction and above all else a yes man too in Valverde, and that Bartomeu simply won't let go of him before he'd have to fuck off himself.

But it somehow did happen (I think the whistles at Valverde actually played a big part in it, because Bartomeu finally saw the club is actually not just losing games with Valverde, but starting to lose money too, cause foreign fans (even some locals) were starting to walk away, distance themselves from the club. And so now, Valverde is gone, while Bartomeu and the rest of the Board are next, with the elections coming in a year and a half.

MTL_Barca

Imagine picking the CL out of all competitions to prove how godly Valverde is. The man was responsible for two of the biggest chokes of football history but his winrate was good! :lol:

JohnN

Can you explain how not having Dembele would make us undefeated?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I really don't see how is he perceived as pragmatist either. It's not as if we played some controlled system focused on results. Majority of our matches are colored with Ter Stegen saving us or Messi heroics.
People think of Italian tactical sides of the 90s but reality is we had no system whatsoever under Valverde.

JohnN

I really don't see how is he perceived as pragmatist either. It's not as if we played some controlled system focused on results. Majority of our matches are colored with Ter Stegen saving us or Messi heroics.
People think of Italian tactical sides of the 90s but reality is we had no system whatsoever under Valverde.
And this is highlighted by our last match in which Ter stegen was missing. One of our two savings graces (Messi and mark) wasn't there and we collapsed.

Home of Barca Fans