Ernesto Valverde

ronniecro

he could have resigned on his own and gain at least a little bit of respect after the humiliations in last two years but no,he will go down as one of the most hated people who ever been in our club

JohnN

Valverde is a bang average manager but our players are nowhere near as good as most fanboys seem to think. Other than Coutinho, there isn't one player who I think has performed much below expectations under Valverde. There's always people going on about hiw great Lucho was, but it's not like we were playing much better in his last season even with MSN, a fit Umtiti, and younger versions of Rakitic, Busquets, Alba, and Pique.

Other than Messi, Griezmann, Frenkie, Arthur, and Alba, the rest of our outfield players are meh at best. Two of those weren't there last season and Arthur was still adapting and dealing with fitness issues. Valverde isn't a coach that elevates a team, but he also doesn't destroy dressing rooms or use bizarre tactics that ruin everything. He's a nothing manager. He doesn't add anything, but he also isn't turning our "world class squad" into shit either.

(I still want Valverde to go, but I guarantee getting rid of him won't have the impact that everyone seems to think it will)

Nobody believes that all our players are generational talents. You have to work with what there is available, and I don't think there are so many generational talents out there to get at this point in time. Still, us Barca fans, have kind of lost the whole context. This squad is very good compared to most of the other squads right now. And we still posses a cheat code, that no other team has.

It is pretty obvious that they should be able to play better football. You said it yourself, we have Messi, Griezmann, Frenkie, Arthur, and Alba. That is 5 of the 10 outfield players that are arguably top 10 (at least) in their role. In the same team. We also have a WC goalie, a WC CB at Pique and some amazing veterans at Busquets and Suarez (who ARE underperforming since Valverde took charge). The rest, you can call average or squad players, but even then, there is just too much contrast between the quality of footballers to the quality of football produced.

EdmondDantes

The problem is, Valverde does not get the best out of his players with his cowardly, submissive, inferior philosophy.

His grandpas can play as awful as possible they still start every game. The younger players who don't have much of an influence in the dressing room can play well and lose their spot in a snap. Like Alena Friday.

There's not a fair concept of competition with Valverde. His oldies get entitled and complacent, the younger ones demotivated, resulting in most players playing below their individual level.

Valverde's luck is that Messi bails him out 90% of the time, like at Camp Nou vs Liverpool. Klopp's team smothered us all game, missed their chances and Messi suddenly got us an undeserved 3-0 win despite the fact Valverde started one of the worst midfield trios in my memory as a Barcelona fan.

Raketa10

gerardromero(RAC1): "I have doubts whether or not Valverde will still be the Barça manager at the end of the season. Valdés wants to take over, for sure."

Valdes?!?! :rofl1::rofl1: That would be a cherry on top of all stupid decisions we made after Pep left! What a horrible idea but since we are talking about Barto and this clown board I guess everything is possible. :facepalm:

Messigician

gerardromero(RAC1): "I have doubts whether or not Valverde will still be the Barça manager at the end of the season. Valdés wants to take over, for sure."

Valdes?!?! :rofl1::rofl1: That would be a cherry on top of all stupid decisions we made after Pep left! What a horrible idea but since we are talking about Barto and this clown board I guess everything is possible. :facepalm:

Romero is the super saiyan of fake news, he lost all credibility long ago

Sorin

Depending on how Ajax are doing this season, Ten Haag should be a serious option. He's out of contract, plays some exciting football, has been Pep's understudy at Bayern so he should know a thing or two about possesion football. Also extracted the best out of Frenkie and could do it with us too.

One other interesting thing is that the best performances for Ajax last year have come with Tadic as a single striker. He is quite similar to Messi in profile, obviously Messi is ten times the player. Could use Messi as the lone striker with Griezmann just behind him instead of Van den Beek. Basically vastly superior options all across the pitch.

AjaxAmsterdam

I dont think Tadic is similar to Messi at all. Tadic main strength above all are his lungs he runs the most out of a "running team". Pretty impressive at that age that he outruns the young guys , anyways his strength in Ajax are his constant positional switches with van der Beek (main reason why dolberg lost his job). Do agree if Ten Hag gets this Ajax team without FdJ footballing again he should be considered by any topclub.

BBZ8800

I don't think that it is a joke.
GK Zubi was our sporting director.
Now our director is Abidal who was worse than Semedo in attack, and Abidal is responsible for choosing new wingers and midfielders, lol.
Hiring Valdes would be a cherry on top.
Fc Barcelona, a team who plays the most complicated possession football in the world, led by goalkeepers and defenders on key positions, who never played possession/attacking football.
With a president Barto, a current coach EV and a new coach Midfield-Maestro-Valdes :lol:

Depending on how Ajax are doing this season, Ten Haag should be a serious option. He's out of contract, plays some exciting football, has been Pep's understudy at Bayern so he should know a thing or two about possesion football. Also extracted the best out of Frenkie and could do it with us too.

One other interesting thing is that the best performances for Ajax last year have come with Tadic as a single striker. He is quite similar to Messi in profile, obviously Messi is ten times the player. Could use Messi as the lone striker with Griezmann just behind him instead of Van den Beek. Basically vastly superior options all across the pitch.

If he hire Ten Haag, Messi will enter into that season aged 33. He will be 34 in a CL semis and final.
I really doubt that a 34 years old drained, old and way slower player can play a single attacker in a modern football, even if his name is Messi.

Ajax had 5 midfielders behind an FC who run, press, shoot, defend, dribble.
We have Frenkie and maybe Griezzman.

I can imagine that system working only if you get rid of Messi (and probably Neymar), Griezmann and all older players and play it with 6 players aged 20-26.
Then again, Arthur is a possession based slow turtle, so he isn't fit for that fast football either.

Basically, you have Frenkie and you need 5 new, fresh, motivated guys who can run a lot for that system.
Piece of cake.

Sorin

I dont think Tadic is similar to Messi at all. Tadic main strength above all are his lungs he runs the most out of a "running team". Pretty impressive at that age that he outruns the young guys , anyways his strength in Ajax are his constant positional switches with van der Beek (main reason why dolberg lost his job). Do agree if Ten Hag gets this Ajax team without FdJ footballing again he should be considered by any topclub.

Well, my nan runs more than Messi. That's not really disproving that Tadic is not your classic striker and neither is Messi. They both rely on technique, finesse, droping back and delivering both quality passes and goals. Not sure about others but I think Messi would have fit like a glove in that position instead of Tadic for you guys. That's why I said that with Griezmann behind him Messi could work similiary to Tadic and Van den Beek.

AjaxAmsterdam

Well, my nan runs more than Messi. That's not really disproving that Tadic is not your classic striker and neither is Messi. They both rely on technique, finesse, droping back and delivering both quality passes and goals. Not sure about others but I think Messi would have fit like a glove in that position instead of Tadic for you guys. That's why I said that with Griezmann behind him Messi could work similiary to Tadic and Van den Beek.

Yeah true there are simularities like the dropping back and being more technique based but I think u underestimate how many kms Tadic runs defensively , he outruns everyone on a Ajax side that runs alot.

Ten Hag tactics are gegenpressing with the typical position switches that defines total football. I dont think Messi would shine in that , but the man is a competent trainer he didnt get the most out of FdJ at the start but figured it out so he prly would tweek his tactics to fit the best player in the world.

Griezmann on the other hand seems an auto fit for a TH system.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans