Ernesto Valverde

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Valverde cheerleaders climbing out of their holes left , right and center.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

xXKonan

This squad has some problems but it no means is the "Weakest" in years not by a long shot.

Valverde is the weakest coach we have had in the past decade. The only thing separating him from the likes of Tata Martino is three trophies and that's it. Tata came close to nearly winning a Double with a 38-year-old DJ in goal against a much stronger Atletico and Real Madrid. :lol:

serghei

This squad has some problems but it no means is the "Weakest" in years not by a long shot.

Valverde is the weakest coach we have had in the past decade. The only thing separating him from the likes of Tata Martino is three trophies and that's it. Tata came close to nearly winning a Double with a 38-year-old DJ in goal against a much stronger Atletico and Real Madrid. :lol:

That's exactly what is wrong with this club. Instead of focusing of managing these players and form a cohesive team, we moan about the players, when other teams do brilliantly with much worse.

We moan about Coutinho, who was Liverpool's best player when we signed him. We moan about Dembele, when Liverpool have to play with Shaqiri. We act as if players is all it takes to build a competitive team in CL.

Even PSG are waking up and realizing that you need top management, more than overpaid superstars.

Last edited:

xXKonan

That's exactly what is wrong with this club. Instead of focusing of managing these players and form a cohesive team, we moan about the players, when other teams do brilliantly with much worse.

We moan about Coutinho, who was Liverpool's best player when we signed him. We moan about Dembele, when Liverpool have to play with Shaqiri. We act as if players is all it takes to build a competitive team in CL.

Even PSG are waking up and realizing that you need top management, more than overpaid superstars.
There are some naive people on this very forum that think getting Neymar will somehow make us a team again.

No matter how much money you spend, a Bad manager will make a big difference in how the team performs no matter how good the talent they have. Valverde is basically being treated as he was a king despite the huge failures in the CL in the past two seasons and dreadful football.

Amazes me how some guys just don't get it. No matter what players you give Valverde, we will always look like a team that is struggling to put 1+1 together.

JohnN

I would like to start my posting habits in this forum by saying just how much i hate Valverde.

Never thought that one day i would really hate someone. That was until Anfield happened.
And it's not like i liked the dude before. I really didn't think he was the right man for the job.

But that night.. that lineup.. that mentality.. and of course that result.. That is the stuff nightmares are made of. And it's on him.
Before all that, i didn't quite understand why so many people defended his tactics, his selections and his, at the very least, uninspiring presence,
but after the fact, i really cannot comprehend that there are still some who exonerate him of any blame, for one of the most depressing nights we have experienced as barca fans.

No matter what players you give Valverde, we will always look like a team that is struggling to put 1+1 together.

My thoughts exactly.

serghei

There are some naive people on this very forum that think getting Neymar will somehow make us a team again.

No matter how much money you spend, a Bad manager will make a big difference in how the team performs no matter how good the talent they have. Valverde is basically being treated as he was a king despite the huge failures in the CL in the past two seasons and dreadful football.

Amazes me how some guys just don't get it. No matter what players you give Valverde, we will always look like a team that is struggling to put 1+1 together.

Valverde could win only if the team is by far the best, which is actually what some people think a good manager is, oddly. Someone who is carried by the players. I mean, feck it, it's as if we expect the manager to be just some dude who puts the players in without any tactical training, preparation, or development. This is the only way I can explain someone who defends Valverde at this point. As people who do not fully understand how important a manager is, even after we have seen what Klopp has done to Liverpool in the last 2 years. Brought them from not even making top 4 in England consistently to probably the best team in the world.

I am sure Valverde could have won the CL in 2015 with Messi, Neymar and Suarez near their peak dismantling teams for fun. So would other 20 managers roughly. But that's not what football really is about. That is a case which happens very very rarely, a team having basically 3 of the 4 players in the world as their front 3.

Instead of chasing and expect that kind of firepower, we should come back to reality and understand that the manager himself is plus value. He can add or take away value from a team. Valverde adds little to nothing and takes away a lot.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

Valverde could win only if the team is by far the best, which is actually what some people think a good manager is, oddly. Someone who is carried by the players. I mean, feck it, it's as if we expect the manager to be just some dude who puts the players in without any tactical training, preparation, or development. This is the only way I can explain someone who defends Valverde at this point. As people who do not fully understand how important a manager is, even after we have seen what Klopp has done to Liverpool in the last 2 years. Brought them from not even making top 4 in England consistently to probably the best team in the world.

I am sure Valverde could have won the CL in 2015 with Messi, Neymar and Suarez near their peak dismantling teams for fun. So would other 20 managers roughly. But that's not what football really is about. That is a case which happens very very rarely, a team having basically 3 of the 4 players in the world as their front 3.

Instead of chasing and expect that kind of firepower, we should come back to reality and understand that the manager himself is plus value. He can add or take away value from a team. Valverde adds little to nothing and takes away a lot.

Klopp would have won CL with 15/16 Barca (MSN was still formidable and better than any liverpool front 3 he's had) or 18/19 Barca.

It's a shame we're leaving so many CLs on the table because of stubbornness. CL dominant teams like Real and Milan have had the following coaches during their modern era wins: Ancelotti (both), Zidane (RM), Capello (AC), Sacchi (AC), Jupp Heynckes (RM), Vicente del Bosque (RM).

Valverde is like a postman compared to those names.

Klopp would have won CL with 15/16 Barca (MSN was still formidable and better than any liverpool front 3 he's had) or 18/19 Barca.

It's a shame we're leaving so many CLs on the table because of stubbornness. CL dominant teams like Real and Milan have had the following coaches during their modern era wins: Ancelotti (both), Zidane (RM), Capello (AC), Sacchi (AC), Jupp Heynckes (RM), Vicente del Bosque (RM).

Valverde is like a postman compared to those names.

Beside Zidane these are tactic genius coaches. Zidane had fucking luck and a crazy Ronaldo.

ini4ever

I am not sure about that :lol: I mean we've scored 3-0 and 4-1 against Liverpool and Roma in the first match, remember how we've played against Bayern in the away match ? EV's team wouldn't do that. That's on how EV approaches away matches, scoring is not his problem but other factors which lead to a humiliating knock-out without being able to score.

malvolio

I am not sure about that :lol: I mean we've scored 3-0 and 4-1 against Liverpool and Roma in the first match, remember how we've played against Bayern in the away match ? EV's team wouldn't do that. That's on how EV approaches away matches, scoring is not his problem but other factors which lead to a humiliating knock-out without being able to score.

We got battered in the return leg of that Bayern tie. But MAtS pulled of some super saves(one of them was the save of that CL edition) and MSN were ruthless. Messi and Neymar got us in to that final.
So yeah, we shouldn't have surrendered those games in Rome and Liverpool, but score one goal in each and we would have been golden.

Marshall D Teach

Pique - Very prone to making mistakes due to a lack of concentration (over confident?) and is not as young as he was (this will be the theme!).
Umtiti - Will he recover from his injury?
Alba - Quality but no back up for that position.
Semedo - Great going forward but yet to convince defensively. I may be a little harsh.
Roberto - Not a right back. So we are light in both full back roles.
Biscuits - You know I love him but he's become so slow now that he's a liability.
Vidal - I don't think he fits our system. I like his fighting spirit but he makes us disjointed.
Messi - We try to play everything through him and he doesn't have the energy that he once had. He needs some support.
Suarez - Same as Messi.
Demebele/Coutinho/Malcolm - We're still waiting for them to make an impact.

And who is it that refuses to bench these players no matter what?

We got battered in the return leg of that Bayern tie. But MAtS pulled of some super saves(one of them was the save of that CL edition) and MSN were ruthless. Messi and Neymar got us in to that final.
So yeah, we shouldn't have surrendered those games in Rome and Liverpool, but score one goal in each and we would have been golden.

They may have battered us, but at least we bothered to go forward and attack, instead of just parking the bus and praying Valverde-style. That's why we got past Bayern and didn't get past Roma/Liverpool. We won because we attacked and got 2 goals. That wouldn't have happened under Valverde.

Last edited:

Sorin

To replace them with whom exactly? To be fair he did start a lot of youngsters last year. I can't remember the last time some many made their debut in La Liga.

That is no achievement mate, when the number is overinflated thanks to dead rubber matches at the end of the season. Achievement would be if any of them would become important pieces of the team during the main part of the season.

Slim chance any of them will progress under Valverde. And hopefully he won't have any more time to screw them up and he'll be gone by the start of the next pre season.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans