Ernesto Valverde

malvolio

They say you can't predict future, I'm 100% sure I can considering this years Barca with EV, the only question is which opponent will do it?!

Fingers crossed that Salzburg pulls of a miracle next week then. It might be the result that defines our season :lol:

fergus90

Valverde has never really been embarrassed in the games this forum has expected him to be. His poor results are usually the ones that catch you off guard:

-Roma 2nd leg
-Liverpool 2nd leg
-Copa final
-Levante loss on matchday 37 on the verge of a historic unbeaten season

On the other hand the matches everybody expects us to get humiliated in he has done quite well in:

-Most Real/Atletico Madrid matches
-Liverpool 1st leg
-Against hipster, forum favourite clubs like Spurs and BVB

I agree with most of this, his record against Madrid clubs is great there is no denying that. However, I did see the Liverpool result coming, that 3-0 win in the Camp Nou was very flattering. The right-side was getting destroyed with Sergi Roberto and despite realizing that halfway through the first leg, bringing on Semedo. He then proceeds to go with that same lineup again despite the several warning signs and flattering scoreline. Mind-blowingly stupid management in that instance.

Rory

Also let's not pretend it's anything other than incredible performances from MATS and Messi that has gifted us these league wins during EV's reign. Even Manchester Untied battered us in the first leg and parts of the 2nd leg at the camp nou last year.

Nello

[youtube]xU41pCbpy04[/youtube]
I'd still be more than happy if this guy could replace Valverde. Ideally Ten Hag, but I'd take this guy over Koeman, Valverde or Martinez in this moment.
Especially because he's shown an incredible ability to maintain a very competitive team even tho almost all the best players from his first season has been sold.
This quality makes him quite interesting as one of our problems seems to be Valverde's inability to make a system that suits our current squad. Many of our players are underperforming, and don't have a clear role.

Messigician

[youtube]xU41pCbpy04[/youtube]
I'd still be more than happy if this guy could replace Valverde. Ideally Ten Hag, but I'd take this guy over Koeman, Valverde or Martinez in this moment.
Especially because he's shown an incredible ability to maintain a very competitive team even tho almost all the best players from his first season has been sold.
This quality makes him quite interesting as one of our problems seems to be Valverde's inability to make a system that suits our current squad. Many of our players are underperforming, and don't have a clear role.

Bottler

Messigician

To be fair to Ev he's lost 2 champions league games in 3 years, never lost to Athletico, or Real Madrid.

It's not like he's THAT bad of a coach

Horatio

You're welcome
To be fair to Ev he's lost 2 champions league games in 3 years, never lost to Athletico, or Real Madrid.

Lost to Real in the supercopa when he just got on board during the Neymar drama-saga. In the league never lost to them though. Never against Sevilla or Valencia(league) either.

serghei

Valverde's great feat in CL knockouts is meeting only 1 similar team to Barcelona and being knocked out twice.

Nello

You're not really making a very strong case by bringing up those two games. Besides, it's not like we completely walked over Lyon and Man U in the other games.

Messigician

You're not really making a very strong case by bringing up those two games. Besides, it's not like we completely walked over Lyon and Man U in the other games.

At home we did yeah.

Same united tbat knocked out PSG at home and Same Lyon that city couldn't beat twice.

George_Costanza

At home we did yeah.

Same united tbat knocked out PSG at home and Same Lyon that city couldn't beat twice.

Each game has its own circumstances, comparisons of any kind almost always are flawed. Think carefully before you accept any kind of comparison as evidence. And STOP licking Valverde's butthole, you might get genital herpes. Don't say I didn't warn you kid!

Home of Barca Fans