Ernesto Valverde

Leo_Messi

Maybe, but if we're going for an interim manager I'll rather go with someone like Setien, even if I'm not a big fan of him.

Under normal circumstances I would pick Quique Setién over the current version of Mourinho each day of the week but given the grave and hopeless situation and in my eyes small perspectives of success this season and the fact that the spine of the team needs urgent replacement sooner rather than later, I feel that a rejuvenated Mourinho, in a caretaker role until the end of the season, and with license to attack the current status quo mainly represented by the club de amigos clan, could either turn out to be a genius or the opposite. The opposite being failure which, as I see it, we are heading to anyway this season. So at least entertainment will be guaranteed and Mourinho could be the perfect person to further expose the increasingly damaging role of the club de amigos clan within the club.

Anyway as a realistic caretaker until the summer, in case Malmierda gets the axe, I believe Setién is the most suited manager ideologically and he ticks many other boxes that the current board values such as experience in Spain, Spanish-speaking and being looked at favorably by the club de amigos clan. Did a tremendous job for Betis last season as well which was heavily under appreciated by the fanbase. Until recently that is.

So Setíen is my favorite caretaker option in case Malmierda gets fired and probably the most realistic to begin with.

Havesaks

Nobody here is mentioning Mourinho as a serious long-term solution (LOL) but merely as a superior manager to Malmierda who might or might not be able to lit a fire under the entitled and mostly finished club de amigos clan members, if he gets appointed as a caretaker manager until the end of the season, in an alternative universe. In case Malmierda gets fired to begin with. Me mentioning Mourinho is a a way of showing how fucked up our current situation is that a semi-retired Mourinho, long past his prime, would likely be a much better solution than Malmierda.

You are writing about well-known banalities to a person that has followed the club almost since my birth (1990's) and who was a regular on Camp Nou during the Gaspart era as a small kid and later eras as well.

Not sure if you are reading my posts or not. The point is that if Mourinho was announced as a manager, in an alternative universe, the reaction would not be as hostile as you believe. Not given the sad state of our fanbase and club and lack of direction.

Anyway that aside, give me Mourinho until the end of the current season. At least there will be entertainment and I don't see this lot winning anything this season, other than maybe the league if Atlético and RM keep choking as well, so nothing to lose really.

Well, first later on in the conversations did you hint that it was in an theory-based scenario. I just responded to your first post, when this wasnt stated, that mourinho would be a really bad fill-in. And it wasnt just banalities... And not sure what it matters if it's well-known or not, it still happened and the club shouldnt ignore it. And yes, if the board somehow in theory would hire him, i think it would backslash big time in the fanbase and by the players.

Barcilliant

If the board don't fire Shitverde before the next Cl game we will exit the CL. It's that simple.

However I expect this spineless board to stand by their spineless manager with this bunch of parasitic geriatrics playing on.

We've already become the joke of Europe with Anfield and now a Cl group stage exit will top that.

RIP BARÇA.

Andrew M

If the board don't fire Shitverde before the next Cl game we will exit the CL. It's that simple.

However I expect this spineless board to stand by their spineless manager with this bunch of parasitic geriatrics playing on.

We've already become the joke of Europe with Anfield and now a Cl group stage exit will top that.

RIP BARÇA.

We'll get out the group.

Don Andrésº8

As for the rest of your post. Just firing Valverde wouldnt do any good at this point or even after last season. First there Actually needs to be a better option available and also the right players need to be bought. I like DonaAks idea about making next summer as a real make-over, and in that case, it would make sense to get a younger, fresher manager - but now? No.

again with this shit??????
so when is the time to fire this useless piece of .....always with the same story, i saw the same thing here written before the summer, this guy should had been fired since roma but i still see here comments:"ohh now not the time", gods sake this guy will put barcelona out of the champions

Messigician

"Today we have not been well. Away from home we are not playing good games. We are dominating but we do not translate it into goal situations. It is also true that the opponent is scoring the first goal."
-Valverde

xXKonan

When you seen the lineup you knew very well it was going to be shit.

That Midfield setup was pathetic every step of the way and our attack setup? fucking laughable as well. Sticks Griezmann out wide to accommodate Fatboy so he can play and Perez being our only winger. The Midfield? Oh, how redundant it was with starting Roberto-Rakitic together, both who share some common traits and both share similar flaws.

Junior Firpo's first start? shit he makes a bad mistake which led to us conceding in the first minute but the whole first half he had nothing to work with going forward with Griezmann being out of the game due to not being winger and Rakitic not moving into position to help progress the ball with Junior so he was left out to lunch.

But you know who gets punished after the first half? Junior and Perez while fucking Roberto, Rakitic and Suarez Stay on the pitch. So he subs on Messi and Fati so we effectively have four forwards in the attack while pushing Semedo out of position to play at LB so Roberto can stay.

And guess what? It didn't fucking work, Fati looked good coming on but he was bogged down to have shitty the team still and Messi still wasn't 100%. So he subs on Vidal for Rakitic, yet another redundant change and he concedes a fucking pen and had a shitty game overall.

Like many other games, Valverde doesn't have a fucking clue what he's doing. He marginalizes young and newcomers so he can protect the ancient sacred cows in this team, He thinks somehow leaving these guys on and subbing on players is somehow going to make them less shitty than they are.

Enough of this fucking shit, Quit playing guys that were once good 3-5 years ago and guys who were never really starter material in the first place. Who in their right mind decides to sacrifice a 120 Million euro signing in order to play Suarez who has been shit in the CL for years now and has been killing pretty much everything that lands at his feet in the league.

Nothing will change as long as we have Valverde around and senior players who persist in keeping him around because he lets them do as they please. I've said it before but I wouldn't be surprised if most of the Lockerroom wants him gone. But of course, their voices don't matter because of the Captains and other senior players such as Alba, Rakitic, Suarez "Speak for everyone" even though it's not true in the slightest.

serghei

Guy literally has no system. Basically puts his players on, and expects them to win the game based on their ability. He can't even fucking use them on their main positions. Uses midfielders as fullbacks, AMs as wingers, DMs as CMs or even AMs, central forwards as wingers and so on. Man is a mediocre manager who is now proving that without Messi performing at crazy in La Liga he can't even beat the newly promoted sides.

Man is an utter incompetent when taken out of his comfort zone which is 5-10 places in La Liga.

Sorin

Valverde: "Me siento responsable"

So what do we do when we are responsible for fucks up at our jobs, Ernie? Barto?

Home of Barca Fans