Ernesto Valverde

FCB1987

Banned
I'm just waiting to see what type of bullshit lineups he'll put out this season. If Busi and Rakitic are both starting against Bilbao, I swear I'll cut off his fat nose and stick it up his ass.

Andresito

Staff member
I'm just waiting to see what type of bullshit lineups he'll put out this season. If Busi and Rakitic are both starting against Bilbao, I swear I'll cut off his fat nose and stick it up his ass.

You better sharpen your knife lol. Busi and Rakitic will be regulars until we start dropping points.

JohnN

Guaranteed starters. Even if both Rakitic and Busquets have agreed to leave from the club on the end of the match day, they will still feature. both!

Tackle

He's going to win the treble.

Not sure about that, but I think the gaffer will surprise a lot of fans with the style he gets the team playing this season.

The squad was terrible in his first season and we played terrible football accordingly. In fact I'd say it was mighty impressive how well he steered a team on the verge of crisis back on track and grinded out wins for most of the season. If not for that disorientated twit Mina the fanbase was raving about at the time he would've coached the team to a historic undefeated league campaign. The team had a shocker in Rome making individual error after error. Not sure that collapse can be pinned on Valverde.

This past season the squad was better, we played better football and Valverde rotated more. He failed terribly at Anfield, but the players ought to take their fair share of the blame at well. This core has historically unperformed away from home in massive CL knockout ties. They're a lot older now as well so this is likely to have happened under most managers.

Valverde isn't some daft, clueless puppet. He can only work with what he has while being tasked with fragile task of not falling out with the senior players that have inflated egos and power at the club that far exceeds his.

The bloke is fine tactically and showed improvements in his man management and rotations last season in addition to playing some more expansive football. I expect him to only kick on from here.

Last edited:

JohnN

Not sure about that, but I think the gaffer will surprise a lot of fans with the style he gets the team playing this season.

The squad was terrible in his first season and we played terrible football accordingly. In fact I'd say it was mighty impressive how well he steered a team on the verge of crisis back on track and grinded out wins for most of the season. If not for that disorientated twit Mina the fanbase was raving about at the time he would've coached the team to a historic undefeated league campaign. The team had a shocker in Rome making individual error after error. Not sure that collapse can be pinned on Valverde.

This past season the squad was better, we played better football and Valverde rotated more. He failed terribly at Anfield, but the players ought to take their fair share of the blame at well. This core has historically unperformed away from home in massive CL knockout ties. They're a lot older now as well so this is likely to have happened under most managers.

Valverde isn't some daft, clueless puppet. He can only work with what he has while being tasked with fragile task of not falling out with the senior players that have inflated egos and power at the club that far exceeds his.

The bloke is fine tactically and showed improvements in his man management and rotations last season in addition to playing some more expansive football. I expect him to only kick on from here.

He can start surprising us with not starting busi - raki every game.

Joking aside:
1. The shocker in Rome was due to tactics. This team is not meant to defend. It's meant to keep the ball and atack. Ofcourse players failed to play a system they suck at.
2. This past season the squad was better indeed. But we played even worst football, not better. We gathered less points also, against weaker opposition.
3. Valverde did rotate more. But, he forgot to rotate Pique, Jordi, Suarez, Busquets and Rakitic. Also couldn't rotate Messi because we couldn't score without him.

About the last part.. I don't have the slightest idea what a coach should be doing in a professional football club, so I can't honestly say if he is "fine tactically" or not.
One thing i know, is that before the Anfield return leg, every single person that watched the first game noticed that Semedo instead of Bob at RB and Bob instead of Coutinho in the middle, saved us. We were eaten alive until that change.

And what did the "fine tactically" Valverde decide to do in the second leg? Play Bob at RB and Coutinho in the middle.

serghei

I just saw Klopp's quote right now in the Supercup pre-game studio on my TV

Guy said they need to do better than last year. So he won the CL, swept the floor with Barcelona on Anfield, and barely lost the league after making 97 points, and he wants to do better this year.

And our clown said he would love to have things like last season.

That... gentlemen... is the difference. Winner vs coward.

shadows

I just saw Klopp's quote right now in the Supercup pre-game studio on my TV

Guy said they need to do better than last year. So he won the CL, swept the floor with Barcelona on Anfield, and barely lost the league after making 97 points, and he wants to do better this year.

And our clown said he would love to have things like last season.

That... gentlemen... is the difference. Winner vs coward.

Well there is a big difference.. One has been overachieving thanks to one player and lots of dumb luck.. So anything like what he has achieved at Barca is something he will never achieve in any club in the future. So wishing for more of the same is inline with his limitations as a coach..... While Klopp is probably one of the top 3 coaches in the world.

Marshall D Teach

He's going to win the treble.

Utterly delusional.

Wonder what excuses you'll come up with when Valverde embarasses us in the CL for the third time in a row. Probably bottling a 5-0 lead this time.

Valverde is a trash coach and anyone who isn't blind can see it at this point.

Last edited:

RIZALDINHO

Utterly delusional.

Wonder what excuses you'll come up with when Valverde bottles it in the CL for the third time in a row. Probably bottling a 5-0 lead this time.

Valverde is a trash coach and anyone who isn't blind can see it at this point.

i agree valverde is a rubbish manager and he will bottle it in the CL against real this timen know that would be a real disaster. if that happens hopefully he get sacked this time

Devils

The only treble this clown is winning is the treble of CL humiliations. Only needs 1 more this year to complete his historic treble.

Valverde is and will always be a piece of shit.

Home of Barca Fans