Ernesto Valverde

Morten

It's always doomsday with transfer sagas like Neymar's. Doesn't mean much. The team was far stronger back then, with all key players a good few years younger. I've not seen those levels you're talking about. Unless you base it on their Barca career, which would be wrong, because the conditions were totally different.

Now, this is just you guys being spoiled, taking every domestic trophy for granted, "oh, he won things in Spain, big deal, we have outgrown Spain now", in the typical Bayern-esque fashion, just substitute "Spain" with "Germany" and its the same thing.

KingLeo10

The guy who's not from Spain supporting a Spanish club with the most domestic and international (CL) trophies all while calling fans of other clubs spoiled.

Dawg, is you serious.

:dembele:

Birdy

It drives me fucking crazy, how are you people still comparing Valverde, an actual winner of trophies(+decent spell at Bilbao) to Setien, a nobody, who`s achieved exactly zero in his career, despite being older than the former?

None of this "oh, but Valverde played boring, cowardly football, therefore he is worse than the plague!", there are levels between him and Setien, get a grip!

This comparison is misplaced to begin with. Setien stayed 6 months and was not allowed to do basically anything.
What we saw on pitch was less 'Setien's style' but the autopilot the Amigos selected after neglecting Setien.
So, you cannot even judge type of football, let alone pass a judgment based on trophies.

Morten

The guy who's not from Spain supporting a Spanish club with the most domestic and international (CL) trophies all while calling fans of other clubs spoiled.

Dawg, is you serious.

:dembele:

Oh, and i suspect everyone in here are from Spain, right? Just stop with that crap, already.

And btw, i do value domestic trophies, a la liga title is always highly valued and i dont take them for granted(unlike some of you guys).

KingLeo10

Oh, and i suspect everyone in here are from Spain, right? Just stop with that crap, already.

And btw, i do value domestic trophies, a la liga title is always highly valued and i dont take them for granted(unlike some of you guys).

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm Catalan as they come. @Devils can confirm.

Morten

This comparison is misplaced to begin with. Setien stayed 6 months and was not allowed to do basically anything.
What we saw on pitch was less 'Setien's style' but the autopilot the Amigos selected after neglecting Setien.
So, you cannot even judge type of football, let alone pass a judgment based on trophies.

Valverde never lost a league clasico, ever, Setien lost on his first and only opportunity, and thus, conceding the league, enough said.
Again, levels between them, you have to be delusional to state otherwise.

Birdy

Valverde never lost a league clasico, ever, Setien lost on his first and only opportunity, and thus, conceding the league, enough said.
Again, levels between them, you have to be delusional to state otherwise.

Delusional is to think you can compare, really...
If Setien had stayed for 2.5 years we could start that discussion.
One classico (where by the way based on chances Barca should have won), and one half-season league (that EV was also on the track of losing) says nothing by itself.

Morten

Delusional is to think you can compare, really...
If Setien had stayed for 2.5 years we could start that discussion.
One classico (where by the way based on chances Barca should have won), and one half-season league (that EV was also on the track of losing) says nothing by itself.

True, its not a fair comparison.
Valverde had so many opportunities to fail, and he never did(in Spain), while Setien failed at the very first moment.
Levels.

Blackened

Did he tell Messi for the second leg in Rome "Oh, just walk around. Do nothing. We've got this already." Roma away were no pushovers at the time. Remember that they also beat Liverpool by a two goal margin at it could have been more. Liverpool won 4-0 but the lazy defending was the cause for at least two goals. Did he tell Pique and co" just chill out, We've got this in the bag already"? That Liverpool side also won 1-3 at Allianz Arena. Ernesto might not have been perfect but with the aging, post tikitaka-era squad that he had....he did pretty damn well. Someone change the name, please.

Messigician

True, its not a fair comparison.
Valverde had so many opportunities to fail, and he never did(in Spain), while Setien failed at the very first moment.
Levels.

So much this, good point on the clasico record too. Ppl act like schooling Zidane when he had prime CR7, Modric, Marcelo, Ramos etc and won the UCL that season was a small feat.

Morten growing on me tbh

Messigician

Some truth to this, Messi performed under Valverde to similar levels like he did under Enrique, Guaridiola & Villanova despite being older.

So much this. In Valverde's last game Messi put in one of his best performances EVER agaisnt Atletico.

But people on here be like BUT BUT he lost all motivation after Anfield

Messigician

Did he tell Messi for the second leg in Rome "Oh, just walk around. Do nothing. We've got this already." Roma away were no pushovers at the time. Remember that they also beat Liverpool by a two goal margin at it could have been more. Liverpool won 4-0 but the lazy defending was the cause for at least two goals. Did he tell Pique and co" just chill out, We've got this in the bag already"? That Liverpool side also won 1-3 at Allianz Arena. Ernesto might not have been perfect but with the aging, post tikitaka-era squad that he had....he did pretty damn well. Someone change the name, please.

I agree big time, better to post in the Valverde analysis thread found in general and let this one dissapear to obscurity

JohnN

I already told you. Make a poll to change the name if you wish.
It's a forum, things should be taken lightly, but If it bothers you, you do have the freedom to not visit or try to change it. By repeatedly saying "change the name" and "this" in this thread, I am not sure you are accomplishing your goal.

Home of Barca Fans