Ernesto Valverde

Vilarrubi

Guys saying Valverde played shit but won must have forgot Roma, Liverpool and Valencia. In all fairness to Valverde too we actually played one of the best games we have against Atleti in Super Copa and still lost. So this “Valverde played shit but got results” is a myth.

LeeRomeno

Guys saying Valverde played shit but won must have forgot Roma, Liverpool and Valencia. In all fairness to Valverde too we actually played one of the best games we have against Atleti in Super Copa and still lost. So this “Valverde played shit but got results” is a myth.

So we only played 3 matches under Valverde? I think Valverde has the biggest win % among all our managers in Champions League. He failed in important away ties, as have also our previous managers in many occasions. Why the losses are so dramatized is actually because in home game against the same opponents, Valverdes team performed well and won by a large margin, just to give that advantage away later on. It is pretty likely, we would have made it to finals in both years if the home game would have been second in pair, as we would have approached the away game with different mentality.

Messigician

So we only played 3 matches under Valverde? I think Valverde has the biggest win % among all our managers in Champions League. He failed in important away ties, as have also our previous managers in many occasions. Why the losses are so dramatized is actually because in home game against the same opponents, Valverdes team performed well and won by a large margin, just to give that advantage away later on. It is pretty likely, we would have made it to finals in both years if the home game would have been second in pair, as we would have approached the away game with different mentality.

This

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Could have, should have, would have.

Fact: Valverde's team failed in back to back seasons in one of the worst ways imaginable.

DonAK

Opinion: Barcelona under Valverde played boring football and seemed to have lost their way where they had to rely on luck and some incredible individual performances to win games, instead of playing a complete football game and win with a good team performance.

An opinion shared by many, if not most fans and a lot of football reporters and journalists.

People love to make excuses for Ernie. Who cares about his Champions League winning percentage? He failed when it mattered the most. Twice. Back to back.

Comparing him to Pep and Lucho? Well they both won and didn't get stripped naked on the biggest stage, twice.

Sit on that.

LeeRomeno

Fact: Valverde's team failed in back to back seasons in one of the worst ways imaginable.

Much worse would have been losing both games 0-4, or never making it to semis or never making it to quaters or dropping into europa league after group stage, which many stated for this year aswell? Dont ya think?

DonAK

Much worse would have been losing both games 0-4, or never making it to semis or never making it to quaters or dropping into europa league after group stage, which many stated for this year aswell? Dont ya think?

Yes, if Barcelona had been Arsenal and not had several good and top class players including Leo Messi.

LeeRomeno

Yes, if Barcelona had been Arsenal and not had several good and top class players including Leo Messi.

Irrelevant, as you stated that we went out "worst way imaginable". I can imagine much worse ways, a few in the examples presented before.

LeeRomeno

Opinion: Barcelona under Valverde played boring football and seemed to have lost their way where they had to rely on luck and some incredible individual performances to win games, instead of playing a complete football game and win with a good team performance.

An opinion shared by many, if not most fans and a lot of football reporters and journalists.

People love to make excuses for Ernie. Who cares about his Champions League winning percentage? He failed when it mattered the most. Twice. Back to back.

Comparing him to Pep and Lucho? Well they both won and didn't get stripped naked on the biggest stage, twice.

Sit on that.

Sit on what, i replied to comment stating that it was a myth that we played shitty football and won as we actually never won anything. That is false, as we actually did and also in CL. Why start some random conversation which has no relevance here.

DonAK

Sit on what, i replied to comment stating that it was a myth that we played shitty football and won as we actually never won anything. That is false, as we actually did and also in CL. Why start some random conversation which has no relevance here.

Your wonderful excuses and straw man as presented above.

FinBarcelonafan

Sit on that.

Totally true. O

LeeRomeno

Your wonderful excuses and straw man as presented above.

What excuses? You overexaggerate and if someone calls you out, you bring irrelevant random text and tell someone to sit on it. And you wonder why some users here keep trolling. What a joke.

DonAK

What excuses? You overexaggerate and if someone calls you out, you bring irrelevant random text and tell someone to sit on it. And you wonder why some users here keep trolling. What a joke.

You're literally trying to *argue* that getting comeback'd the way the team did under Valverde wasn't that bad since it could have been worse, like getting eliminated in the group stages and getting bounced to the Europa League.

The way Barca got KO'ed after the position they were in both times was shocking with the players and manager sharing culpability, but you're trying to come off as some kind of a smartass with your straw man argument while you're crying about me exaggerating?

LeeRomeno

You're literally trying to *argue* that getting comeback'd the way the team did under Valverde wasn't that bad since it could have been worse, like getting eliminated in the group stages and getting bounced to the Europa League.

The way Barca got KO'ed after the position they were in both times was shocking with the players and manager sharing culpability, but you're trying to come off as some kind of a smartass with your straw man argument while you're crying about me exaggerating?

You do realize the difference between "worst way possible" and "was not that bad"? Yea, that is overexarration. Where exactly did i state it was not? Get a grip.

DonAK

You do realize the difference between "worst way possible" and "was not that bad"? Yea, that is overexarration. Where exactly did i state it was not? Get a grip.

You do realize the difference between "one of the worst ways possible" and "worst way possible" right?

Perhaps you should learn to read first.

Here, I made it easier for you to understand.

Home of Barca Fans