Ernesto Valverde

Messigician

Ernesto Valverde arrived at the Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper at 9:42am this morning to say goodbye to the squad & staff. [cope]

Let's not forget how he drove frenkie home safely during the Catalan protests. If you watched the documentry , you probably already know how class of a person he is . Let's not let his cowardice and incompetence overshadow that . He deserved a more respectful exit 🤝

snowy

Pretty much... Setién has never coached a single CL match and his biggest accomplishment is winning Segunda A...

So we went from a middle table coach to a Segunda coach... We need someone with experience at winning, be it as a player or coach, just look at Zidane leading RM yesterday, he has the mentality and leadership required even if he is not that good tactically... But here we are giving a job to guys clearly not cut to it...

lol we should've given it to the Z man! He'd whip & 720 kick anyone giving him a shitty attitude :D

Really hoping Quique will swing for the fences from the get go. Start with buds training sessions to separate the weak from the pack _ err wait, that's almost the whole team hahaha and incorporate all kinds of new tactics! Bet Firpo will get more playing time since he was doing well at Betis.

About Valv, Barca should organise a hot hot hot farewell party with exotic madonnas in tights so as to let him leave with a positive vibe and reinvigorate the team before the next evolution! :innocent:

jairzinho

Ernesto Valverde arrived at the Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper at 9:42am this morning to say goodbye to the squad & staff. [cope]

Let's not forget how he drove frenkie home safely during the Catalan protests. If you watched the documentry , you probably already know how class of a person he is . Let's not let his cowardice and incompetence overshadow that . He deserved a more respectful exit ��

It's all on the board for the way he left but he really had to go and should have left in the summer. At the end of the day it was the right thing to do. The team needed a shakeup.

Messigician

It is hard to read this without getting emotional. For all his flaws he did his best and is undefeated vs Real Madrid in the league and copa.

Ernesto Valverde (former Barcelona manager): "My career as a coach at Barcelona has come to an end. It have been two and a half very intensive seasons. During this time I have had very happy times celebrating victories and titles, but also lived hard and difficult times." [fcb]

Valverde: "above all, I want to highlight the experience and the affection I felt from the fans during this stage. I want to thank President Bartomeu and the Board of Directors for the opportunity they have given me to lead this team and their confidence throughout this time."

Valverde: "I would also like to thank the support and treatment of all the people who have accompanied me at the Club during these two and a half seasons, and especially those who work in and around the first team and with whom I have shared so many moments."

Valverde: "Of course, I would also like to thank the players for all the hard work and effort that have allowed us to lift four titles together. From now on I wish you all the luck in the world, as well as the new coach, Setién. A hug to everyone. Visca Barça y Visca Catalunya."

Hamzah

High Definition Member
The history books will look upon him well. Not a great like Pep, Cruyff, Lucho or Rijkaard, but on the level of van Gaal or Bobby Robson.

Messigician

[MENTION=2]Barcaman[/MENTION] it is time to change the title from Retardo to Ernersto Valverde now that we are free of him it is time to respect the titles he won with us.

KingLeo10

[MENTION=2]Barcaman[/MENTION] it is time to change the title from Retardo to Ernersto Valverde now that we are free of him it is time to respect the titles he won with us.

We already pay our dues in the Lionel Messi thread for those titles.

The fuck did EV do?

:lol:

KingLeo10

Let's not forget how he drove frenkie home safely during the Catalan protests. If you watched the documentry , you probably already know how class of a person he is . Let's not let his cowardice and incompetence overshadow that . He deserved a more respectful exit ��

We're not a humanitarian organization, nor a charity for that matter. Those qualities are great to have and I'm sure some other profession pays well for them.

But incompetence and cowardice are cardinal sins for a Barcelona manager. Good riddance.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Did messi fix the abysmal defence in the 17/18 league campaign where Barca almost went undefeated?

Give people credit they deserve. Valverde has his flaws especially as his tenure went on but don’t just write off everything he did.

KingLeo10

Did messi fix the abysmal defence in the 17/18 league campaign where Barca almost went undefeated?

Give people credit they deserve. Valverde has his flaws especially as his tenure went on but don’t just write off everything he did.

But we won the league in 18/19 even while leaking goals because of Messi.

And honestly, the difference in 17/18 and 18/19 was not EV's defensive schemes (maybe a little but not tremendously). It was Umtiti playing as a top 3 CB in the world.

If it was EV, he should have been able to achieve similar with Lenglet in 18/19 when Umtiti fell off a cliff.

Messi was a constant in both seasons.

KingLeo10

For the record, at one point, I thought EV was a good manager for us. Opinion changed after Roma and I had SOME hope back after Pool 3-0 but then it was shattered forever at Anfield.

Not many remember but we actually destroyed Juve 3-0 (should have been like 6-0) in the CL group stages his first season and that was the most solid I've seen us look in the CL since 15/16.

I don't know where it all fell apart. Maybe he got too arrogant about his own abilities or the players were no longer fired up by Ney's departure.

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
That’s the point I’m trying to make, he was a stabilising influence at a time the club needed it. People thought Barca would have a shocking defence and finish the season trophyless.

He outserved his usefulness but still has an important part in Barca history imo. He’s definitely worthy of more respect than being called Retardo.

Calling him retardo while he was still here is understandable as fans want to show frustration after the humiliations in CL and overall bad management as time went on, but now that he’s gone I would change his name back.

Home of Barca Fans