Ernesto Valverde

serghei

We still have posters who think Valverde is a top manager after the shit he did in the Champions League? :lol:

Devils

Can't believe we have to go into a third season with this piece of shit.

Fuck Valverde!

I'd rather support Real Madrid than back this piece of shit as manager of FC Barcelona.

henias

Won the league twice, back to back in his first two seasons. Won one Copa and runner up the next year. You're pathetic if you think he's a bad coach. The players let him down in the CL, not him. Grow up.

tenor.gif

serghei

I think it's about fucking time we demand more. With this team, with the talent involved, and the highest paid players in the world, there is no fucking way you get stuffed 16-0 in the CL in the last 4 years. Simply not fucking acceptable, or anywhere near good enough.

Also, when Real Madrid fail to compete domestically, and are a mess, winning La Liga is mandatory. Anything else would equate to a terrible season.

Valverde, result wise, so far at Barcelona is somewhere at:

2017-18, good season domestically, terrible season in Europe.
2018-19, decent season domestically, terrible season in Europe. Now, normally, a semifinal is not terrible in CL. But when you lose like we did, it becomes terrible.

Valverde's results are mediocre. He did pretty well domestically, but was exposed in CL. And that's not even discussing the overall aspect of our game, or the over-reliance on veterans, or the young players who haven't been developed at all. That's just speaking about results.

Crap football, not building anything for the future, and for what? For some domestic results which we always had in recent history, under multiple managers. This team, under this manager, had to prove in CL that we are still an elite side. And he failed. Twice, in amateurish, embarrassing manner.

So, no, Valverde isn't good enough. He doesn't have a single area where he is among the best managers in the world. In some areas he is decent, in many others he is a terrible fit for a club of our stature.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

I think it's about fucking time we demand more. With this team, with the talent involved, and the highest paid players in the world, there is no fucking way you get stuffed 16-0 in the CL in the last 4 years. Simply not fucking acceptable, or anywhere near good enough.

Also, when Real Madrid fail to compete domestically, and are a mess, winning La Liga is mandatory. Anything else would equate to a terrible season.

2018-19, decent season domestically, terrible season in Europe. Now, normally, a semifinal is not terrible in CL. But when you lose like we did, it becomes terrible.

Valverde's results are mediocre. He did pretty well domestically, but was exposed in CL. And that's not even discussing the overall aspect of our game, or the over-reliance on veterans, or the young players who haven't been developed at all. That's just speaking about results.

Crap football, not building anything for the future, and for what? For some domestic results which we always had in recent history, under multiple managers. This team, under this manager, had to prove in CL that we are still an elite side. And he failed. Twice, in amateurish, embarrassing manner.

So, no, Valverde isn't good enough. He doesn't have a single area where he is among the best managers in the world. In some areas he is decent, in many others he is a terrible fit for a club of our stature.

First season I was fine with **** football, because our team just wasn't good. We lost Neymar and panic bought Dembele. He wasn't ready for the task yet. I don't think we had the players to win the CL that season. Going out vs Rome probably saved us from embarrassment vs Liverpool or Real.

BUT second season, no excuse for playing **** football. We play boring football. Messi was the only exciting thing, otherwise very boring. We need to change that. Winning matters and so does the style.

Next season I want to see some exciting football again and that's why I want to get rid of some old players. They need to be replaced. (Suarez, Rakitic and Busquests).

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!

The blame lies with the players. They are the ones that cross the white line and play the match. Ernesto has done brilliantly to keep the players motivated throughout the season. We had won it by Christmas with a squad of players that have won everything. Not an easy thing to do. He also has to deal with some serious clique issues within the squad, where his hands are tied and he can't do anything about it. Does he get rid of Suarez and piss off Messi? Not a chance in hell of that happening. Do you think there is another manager out there that would be able to do better with the constraints that he has to deal with? Look at Madrid. What a shite season they have had because they were not motivated because they won the CL for three years in a row. It is a really ridiculous and frankly childish attitude to put all the blame on the coach. Our winning cycle was meant to have come to an end two seasons ago and he has deified all the odds and kept us winning. He's got another year of the 'club de amigos' and then he can put out his own vision of the team. Judge him then.

pepi

We won it by Christmas because it was a one horse race this season.When exactly is the motivation gone? After the the 3rd CL? not the 1st or the second one? We are winning La Liga for a decade now, good job to Valverde motivating them to do that (but dont look at CL please, nothing to see there). So Zidane is gone and they are not motivated anymore, and nothing to do with the coach. There are absolutely coaches who will bench Suares - YES. Messi will have to deal with it, if what you are saying is true. I dont know how you know this things. "Our winning cycle was meant to have come to an end two seasons ago" - what ?

mc_lovin

Nah, for me League >=CL. But we didnt have a good league season last year. Add our terrible playstyle and no visable developement and its quite understandable why people dont like Valverde.

Edit: Valverdes first season was very good all things considered.

Messigician

Valverde's biggest crime is making us all believe we could win the treble in both seasons. He gave us hope before we bottled things.

Make no mistake with a bit of luck we could have won back to back trebles. We destroyed UCL winners real Madrid but couldn't beat Roma? Then tore up Sevilla later.

Treble was on ffs. I wish we kept Alves I think he would have made the difference.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
This isn't going to be a popular opinion, but our style will remain as it is until Messi retires. It is all built around him. That is the conundrum that we face. Messi has been such a great servant, it would be downright rude to not but unfortunately he is slowing the progression of the team as a whole. One cannot argue with his stats etc, but we are perhaps a less effective team all round than we would be without him. That is why I think that nobody would be able to do any better than what Ernesto has managed to do and why we have to wait until the 2020/2021 season to see any changes and to judge him then, if he is still there. The core of the current squad over the last few seasons has not been Valvrede's. Ter Stegen, Alba, Pique, Roberto, Biscuits, Rakitic, Messi, Suarez et al were there already, he inherited them and now (sadly) some are in decline. He has no control over the club transfers. None. He can put in a request for the areas that he wants strengthened and the type of player he would like, but that is it. He can't demand a particular player, the club is not set up like that.

As for the CL semi's this year and the quarter's last year, we went into both return legs with a great advantage, one that a professional team of our quality should not have thrown away, certainly not both times! However, I can't see how else Ernesto could have set up the team that he sent out. As I keep saying, the players bottled it, not the coach.

Home of Barca Fans