Ernesto Valverde

El Gato

Villarato!
Let's see. Should I believe production figures or a RM fan's subjective assessment of a RM player's form.

Nah. Believe your own objective assessment of all the games leading up to his injury vs PSG. But of course you don't watch any of them. Nor do you like facts which make your trolling-spawned theory of RM sacking managers because of Clasico results look stupid.

<3

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
So they are just desperately asking anyone right now to take over our team? Embarrassing, but I guess that’s what we have come expect from this board.

KingLeo10

Nah. Believe your own objective assessment of all the games leading up to his injury vs PSG. But of course you don't watch any of them. Nor do you like facts which make your trolling-spawned theory of RM sacking managers because of Clasico results look stupid.

<3

Are you telling me Clasico results (hammerings if we're being honest) are barely consequential towards RM sacking managers?

Your exact words 2 pages ago were - "Little to do with Clasico scores themselves."

Even on a RM forum, I'd win a poll of whether Clasico scores/results/hammerings are consequential towards RM sacking managers. You're the one with the outlandish opinion, not me

:zidane:

See, you'd be tougher to expose if you didn't dial up the hyperbole to the extent you do. But thanks for making it easier. <3

El Gato

Villarato!
Are you telling me Clasico results (hammerings if we're being honest) are barely consequential towards RM sacking managers?

Your exact words 2 pages ago were - "Little to do with Clasico scores themselves."

Even on a RM forum, I'd win a poll of whether Clasico scores/results/hammerings are consequential towards RM sacking managers. You're the one with the outlandish opinion, not me

:zidane:

See, you'd be tougher to expose if you didn't dial up the hyperbole to the extent you do. But thanks for making it easier. <3

Still didn't answer why Solari wasn't sacked after Clasico (since your exact words were that we sacked 2 managers in the wake of Clasicos as a consequence of the result) and kept until Ajax rematch.
Nor did you address how Benitez being allowed to stay after 0-4 somehow confirms your theory of Clasico results being THE reason managers get sacked by Madrid.

Go on then, still waiting for that, then we can determine just how much you exposed me.
We wouldn't want to chalk the whole conversation up to just you trying, poorly, to troll somebody whose posts you get nicely and smoothly triggered by!

KingLeo10

Still didn't answer why Solari wasn't sacked after Clasico (since your exact words were that we sacked 2 managers in the wake of Clasicos as a consequence of the result) and kept until Ajax rematch.
Nor did you address how Benitez being allowed to stay after 0-4 somehow confirms your theory of Clasico results being THE reason they were sacked.

Go on then, still waiting.
We wouldn't want to chalk the whole conversation up to just you trying, poorly, to troll somebody whose posts you get nicely and smoothly triggered by!

Definition of 'in the wake of' - Something that happens afterwards and usually as a result of it. Nice try with semantics, but even with that, I think my wording actually supports the notion that the Clasico results were consequential towards RM firing both Lope and Solari. Besides, there's the obvious counterexample of Lope's firing to invalidate your 'theory' as you're trying to invalidate mine with 'Benitez'.

It's a matter of plausibility. Between our wordings and opinions, any sane person would find mine more plausible. Maybe you should go take a look at some RM forums following those Clasico results to see what sort of impact they had on the assessment of the manager. No one's saying CL results were inconsequential (one would have to a simpleton of your level to come to such a conclusion). What is true that even in the absence of serious CL fixtures, Lope wasn't allowed to continue after RM got embarrassed by Barca.

P.S. - It's kinda cute how you log off immediately after posting and watch the thread as a 'guest' and 10-15 mins later, voila, a response. Patterns.

Last edited:

bismp

Just get Primienta until the end of the season.If he is good,give him a proper contract and if he is not,find a proper manager this summer.

Keeping Valverde after everything that has happened(including everyone knowing we want to sack him) is the WORST possible solution.

Besides,I don't think Primienta can be worse than Valverde.Worst case scenario we end up throphyless...which is what's going to happen if we keep Retardo.

FinBarcelonafan

Just get Primienta until the end of the season.If he is good,give him a proper contract and if he is not,find a proper manager this summer.

Keeping Valverde after everything that has happened(including everyone knowing we want to sack him) is the WORST possible solution.

Besides,I don't think Primienta can be worse than Valverde.Worst case scenario we end up throphyless...which is what's going to happen if we keep Retardo.

This this.. Give Pimienta a shot.

Richard.H

Is there really anyone that would accept a 6 month job? Who’s a good assistant manager at a top flight club?

Thierry Henry is another option

serghei

I'd say sack Valverde and propose to Xavi one more time to come in now, with no objective for this season. If not, then hire Pimienta or Setien for 6 months and be done with it. I'm sure both will welcome the opportunity as they don't have something better in place.

Valverde has to go if he's taken this personal.

Go for Xavi in the summer. He'd be my pick for rebuilding. We're at a stage where we can't afford a new Valverde type appointment. We need to a high risk, high reward manager, and Xavi is exactly that. The only low risk high reward managers who'd work for us are Pep or Klopp. Let's be real here, we don't have any chance of getting one of them.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

I'd say sack Valverde and propose to Xavi one more time to come in now, with no objective for this season. If not, then hire Pimienta or Setien for 6 months and be done with it. I'm sure both will welcome the opportunity as they don't have something better in place.

Valverde has to go if he's taken this personal.

Go for Xavi in the summer. He'd be my pick for rebuilding. We're at a stage where we can't afford a new Valverde appointment. We need to risk.

It's actually hilarious that he's taken this personal.

When after a 0-4 drubbing at Anfield at the hands of Origi and Wijnaldum, his response was "It is what it is".

Actual legends of the game like Carlo (5 CLs as player/manager) were more gracious and he'd been wronged by Napoli, Bayern, and RM.

Home of Barca Fans