Ernesto Valverde

Havesaks

His first season was still class. No one can take that from him. Even for Barca-standards. Won league and copa and almost went invincible through the season in league. But yes it should be his last season here, I still consider him a fine coach especially if he isnt forced to play 4-3-3. But he is lacking in to many departments to be a top-tier coach. If he wins the league again, he has done okay and isn't far off Lucho.

But this season our whole team seems off and messy. Edit: well tbf almost every game in his 2,5 years here have been messy, but the difference from now and then is we can't even creates chances.

3-5-2 is the way to go in every big or problematic match. I would also consider to go away from our normal 4-3-3 until Messis retires, because with Messi around 4-3-3 is just a bad fit.

Last edited:

vinni

His first season was still class. No one can take that from him. Even for Barca-standards. Won league and copa and almost went invincible through the season in league. But yes it should be his last season here, I still consider him a fine coach especially if he isnt forced to play 4-3-3. But he is lacking in to many departments to be a top-tier coach. If he wins the league again, he has done okay and isn't far off Lucho.

But this season our whole team seems off and messy. Edit: well tbf almost every game in his 2,5 years here have been messy, but the difference from now and then is we can't even creates chances.

3-5-2 is the way to go in every big or problematic match. I would also consider to go away from our normal 4-3-3 until Messis retires, because with Messi around 4-3-3 is just a bad fit.

Agree with everything beside the 3-5-2. That formation hurt my eyes but so does the 4-3-3 these days.. so..

Anyway, this season is far from over so who knows what will happen. We where quite the mess in Luchos first season and that turned out pretty well

vinni

Haha i was thinking the same. Im not too impressed by Valverde but i think our problems are deeper then him.

Havesaks

Well my impression is that most dane barca fans weren't that dissatisfied with Valverde until rather recently (Liverpool-game). Scandinavia in general I consider to be a rather open-minded region/people. The main critique of Valverde has always been his style rather then results, and all thought a lot of fans fell in love with Peps football, but aren't to idealistic about it. Also, Denmark and probably Scandinavia in general have been cultural tied to England and English football, not Spain. And only in the mid 00 and especially Pep-time made a boom of barca fans were made here, including myself. So the general barca fan is rather young and young people don't have those idealistic values like older people have. Well then again Camp Nou and the socios don't seem to be to dissatisfied with Valverde as well, which may due to their prioritising of results rather than style, since status of the club is above everything. And ofc the tourist who always would take a rather polite stand.

Richard.H

I always thought Scandinavians cared a lot about creativity, vision, and new ideas. EV provides absolutely none of that. He even dresses like he's from the late 90's.

Nello

Well my impression is that most dane barca fans weren't that dissatisfied with Valverde until rather recently (Liverpool-game). Scandinavia in general I consider to be a rather open-minded region/people. The main critique of Valverde has always been his style rather then results, and all thought a lot of fans fell in love with Peps football, but aren't to idealistic about it. Also, Denmark and probably Scandinavia in general have been cultural tied to England and English football, not Spain. And only in the mid 00 and especially Pep-time made a boom of barca fans were made here, including myself. So the general barca fan is rather young and young people don't have those idealistic values like older people have. Well then again Camp Nou and the socios don't seem to be to dissatisfied with Valverde as well, which may due to their prioritising of results rather than style, since status of the club is above everything. And ofc the tourist who always would take a rather polite stand.

Well, I'm Danish and I've been pretty dissatisfied with Valverde since the Beginning. Funny how you say that young people tend to be less idealistic about the way we play, as it's quite the contrary that BBZ usually accuse us of.

Messigician

Valverde: "Griezmann is getting better and better, he is closer to his teammates. At first he moved too much"

LOL proof Valverde encourages static lack of movement playing style.

De Jong will be next

Messigician

Valverde: "What I would ask for in 2020? Tranquility, which means winning games."

Valverde: "We would like the opponent to never hurt us, but the opponent also have a game plan. Today we have reacted well."

KingLeo10

This guy is actually sounding like a cuck.

Holy hell.

This is the general leading our troops into hostile environments like the Allianz or an Anfield.

Forget system or tactics or youth development, in the interview for the next Barca manager, they should verify that the applicant actually has some cojones.

Zidane82

There are stories circulating suggesting that Valverde didn’t want FDJ at Barca !!!

Why are on earth is he still our manager?

Home of Barca Fans