Ernesto Valverde

Riordon

To be honest, with proper referring we would have won that game. Even with cheating, they can't beat us in the league. We been so dominant over the last decade. The leagues we didn't won, we should with proper referring. Without cheating we would have won vs Atletico in 14 and the league would have been ours. Real wouldn't have won in 16/17.

But seriously, last game it couldn't been more obvious.

Messigician

I don't think Rakitic is the problem, I think the problem is Busquets. Check every champions league disaaterclass since Bayern away and one thing is common. Busquets being dreadful!

When Rakitic played DM to cover for him the team looked much more assured.

I don't think we have dropped points in the games Busquets hasn't played.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
If we continue to drop points like this we are likely to have 79 points at the end of the season. Last time we won La Liga with that number of points was 1999.
Also: 20 goals conceded already.

Stats are clearly bad and overall team-play is even worse so who is blind here?

devo901

I am sure Valverde can see that combo isn't working. I am 99% sure Valverde won't start Rakitic and Busquets together

I agree

I suppose the reason why they are playing is the board. They might force Raki into the team, so Raki's price tag can be argued ....

Busi is Barca-inventory for so many years, that is hard to remove (+personal bonds), unless he starts doing fouls on Messi during a game ... we will see him for a while :facepalm:

Last edited:

FCBfan22

Again, the current defense is the worst we have played under Ernie... An it doesn't give me any confidence for CL KO's...

Also, Real Madrid being sub-par this season is a curse... If we were against let's say Ancelotti's Real, we would be circa 10 points behind right now.

henias

If we continue to drop points like this we are likely to have 79 points at the end of the season. Last time we won La Liga with that number of points was 1999.

Stats are clearly bad and overall team-play is even worse so who is blind here?

Agree. I was saying this the whole time. The whole La Liga is bad in general. The fact that we are still top place with this atrocious number of points is baffling. I'm just afraid we would still win and this gives the club to give excuses because we won the league, but our teamplay can never match top tier teams. Our CL stats are indeed terrible as well. 9 goals and 4 goals conceded. But apologists will claim we are top of group stage like it's a massive achievement. We celebrated our 2nd game against bloody Real Betis like we won the CL after we lost the first game of La Liga. Team is content we drew against Sociedad and some even start blaming VAR.

Not to sound like miserable but the quality just isn't there and it is obvious. The lack of competition in the league will just make us more complacent; even Real Madrid is not as potent as before.

Disaster is brewing and we all know it.

khaled_a_d

Also, Real Madrid being sub-par this season is a curse... If we were against let's say Ancelotti's Real, we would be circa 10 points behind right now.

And that is because...?

But Liga was won 5 times with such number of points since 1999. Although tbf never happened since 2007.
Obviously it is still one of our worst seasons in recent years.

FCBfan22

And that is because...?

Because noone is putting a decent challenge in the league and this covers up our shortcomings. When did we have our best seasons? When RM was challenging us and we beat them head to head. If we like it or not, we need a decent RM or Atleti for that matter, just to keep us on our toes through the year. Now with this RM, we are becoming complacent and I fear the CL KO's.

Both us and RM fell in quality recently and this doesn't help our CL ambitions.

With our squad quality, we should have around 42 points now IMO. But we have 35.

Yes, with our quality we will probably knock out Napoli. But the It's the quarters and semis where our shortcomings will probably show.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Because noone is putting a decent challenge in the league and this covers up our shortcomings. When did we have our best seasons? When RM was challenging us and we beat them head to head. If we like it or not, we need a decent RM or Atleti for that matter, just to keep us on our toes through the year. Now with this RM, we are becoming complacent and I fear the CL KO's.

Both us and RM fell in quality recently and this doesn't help our CL ambitions.

With our squad quality, we should have around 42 points now IMO. But we have 35.

Yes, with our quality we will probably knock out Napoli. But the It's the quarters and semis where our shortcomings will probably show.

I agree with that. Competitive league drive teams forward.

Neymessi

Our current league situation with us being on top while very low on points etc is very comparable to last season before the Liverpool clash. People were massively overrating our chances because of the fact that we were comfortably first while they were 2nd even, though they had more points than us, and if we were playing City in the league last year we wouldn't be first either. And then guess what happened, I was bombarded with angry replies calling me pessimistic blah blah and I remember some Barca fans even went so far as to say that Pep never really was that good of a coach to kind of praise EV (That posts got a fair amount of likes too) :lol:

Sometimes I feel that the Liverpool debacle wasn't all that bad after all, the amount of stupidity and delusion of not just a few but 90% of the fans was unbearable and at absolute heights. At least now they got a reality check and while I don't like to be the I told you so guy, I fucking told you.

Home of Barca Fans