Ernesto Valverde

Andrew M

President Bartomeu has personally decided to send a letter to Rubiales, the head of the Spanish football federation, to complain and ask about the non-use of the VAR during the last play of today's game between Real Sociedad and Barcelona. [rac1]

Sergio Busquets: "If you set the bar as low as for the first penalty, you have to whistle for many more penalties."

Busquets: "The VAR should have intervened during the last play. I think the referee saw it but didn't want to whistle."

Busquets: "We won't know why the VAR didn't act because they won't explain it."

The story of today's game could have been completely different if referee Rojas had intervened when Llorente pulled Piqué's shirt at the end of the game. Barcelona players angrily protested the decision. [md]

It us clear where the blame lies for why we didn't win... hint it's not the manager as players and Barto have stated.

This is stupid conspiracy bs. If Real Madrid don't win vs Valencia they'll probably whinge about officiating too. I hate it when the super clubs play the victim

khaled_a_d

I just noticed that EV is using 8 out the 11 that LE had. Iniesta left so did Neymar and Umtiti got injured.

Neymar Suarez Messi

Iniesta SB Rakitic

Alba Umtiti Pique Roberto

MTS

Hmmm, having 8 players from 2.5 years ago isn't a bad thing really. Those players were 23-30 when he arrived so wasn't that old.
Right now our starting line up when everyone healthy have Lenglet/Semedo/FDJ/Arthur/Griezmann. That is 5 starters changed in matter of 3 summers. Not really bad.
Considering that non of MATS/Alba/Messi deserved to be replaced anyway then we basically replaced 5 of 8 starter.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

Again we are exposed physically by a strong faster and more aggressive team. The midfield lost control.

I really have a bad feeling about this.

Rory

Will we ever see a De Jong, Arthur, Alena midfield in a meaningful game with this clown in charge?

Aleña just seems so 1 dimensional to me. Not to say I wouldn't prefer him over vidal/rakitic to give him a chance to show what he's got. I just think it's awful squad planning that we're wanting someone as flawed as Aleña to start. Is it more that you think he's a better option than what we have or is it that you think he's actually good enough? I personally don't see how he's good enough unless we had a strong double pivot behind him.

serghei

Aleña just seems so 1 dimensional to me. Not to say I wouldn't prefer him over vidal/rakitic to give him a chance to show what he's got. I just think it's awful squad planning that we're wanting someone as flawed as Aleña to start. Is it more that you think he's a better option than what we have or is it that you think he's actually good enough? I personally don't see how he's good enough unless we had a strong double pivot behind him.

Alena is flawed, but so is every other player. Not all talents have to be like Messi, Mbappe or Neymar to have a future here. We made history with a hard working, not too talented Pedro as a front man during Pep. Part of arguably the greatest and most dominant side of all times.

And he is not one-dimensional. He has good technique, can shoot fine, is pretty strong on his feet and not easy to push around. And he is creative with his passing. How is that one-dimensional? That's a pretty good set of qualities to have as a CM-AM type.

FCBfan22

Busquets blaming VAR... Yeah the refereeing was questionable to say at least, but I think we need to invest in mirrors, so a few people can look at themselves at the club.

devo901

I dont see Aléna as a one trick pony - in the inter match in the first half he appeard rather versatile.
But apart and more important he can develop new skills - as he is young/hungry. something I have less hope for Raki and Busi - they appear more like in a sluggish state. They rather lose strengh, speed and spirit ....

Rory

Alena is flawed, but so is every other player. Not all talents have to be like Messi, Mbappe or Neymar to have a future here. We made history with a hard working, not too talented Pedro as a front man during Pep. Part of arguably the greatest and most dominant side of all times.

And he is not one-dimensional. He has good technique, can shoot fine, is pretty strong on his feet and not easy to push around. And he is creative with his passing. How is that one-dimensional? That's a pretty good set of qualities to have as a CM-AM type.

Didn't say everyone has to be Messi/Mbappe/Neymar level, don't bbz me please. I think I meant to say one-footed, whenever I've seen him play he can only do something if it's on his favoured left foot, he won't even attempt a right footed pass/shot etc in fact he'll try and use the outside of his left foot. Just worries me because that level of dependency probably has only ever worked for the elite talents (which he isn't). I do like his through balls and passing ability and think he's a good squad player.

jamrock

Thank you real for bringing us back down to earth, that should have been a penalty but such is life.

We really really suck at playing football, I remember back in the day when some fans would be like we should try Wenger and the argument against him would be.

He would play some nice football with a bunch of youngsters & not with anything.

No we have a team with a bunch of oldies, playing shit football & only winning because of Messi.

I would take Wenger & Messi over this shite everyday. Jesus we are horrible at football these days

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We should also blame VAR for playing shit football. Even crapbook comments on official page where 90 percent guys are from India and Africa notice team plays crap.

Catalans are stupidest though. Hands down. They are the ones who are keeping Bartomeu, Valverde and co.

Messigician

Valverde’s Barça are the worst with ball possession since the Guardiola era. In Valverde’s 141 games as coach, it was the 9th time they had less than 50% possession.

Guardiola had it just ONCE during his illustrious Barcelona career.

Enrique had under 50% 6 times in his 181 games as coach

Tata Martino had it once in 59 games.

Home of Barca Fans