Ernesto Valverde

xXKonan

Either this is an actual performance that makes us look like a team again or another red herring match.

We got burnt too many times in the last two seasons by this when it ended up being a red herring.

Tackle

Fast forward 3-4 months ahead , we meet City/Liverpool/ Bayern in CL. Valverde ( disgusting piece of shit ) starts for the 3rd year in a row Rakitic and Busquets.

We lose both games , aggregate 7-3.

Valverde loser apologists : Well last year at least we won at home vs Liverpool. This year we lost both games with Frenkie as a starter so it's clearly his fault.

Stupidity reaching new heights every day dawgs.

SAD.

How mad are you, dawg?

:lol:

Nazario1985

We need a manager like Mourinho / Zidane / Klopp who can win CL mostly with what they have inhouse while at the same time restructuring the squad and replacing bad seeds with good new ones gradually.
Not spending here and their to have the most awesome Galactico in the world.

After Messi Era this is the kind of manager we will be needing, after all Guardiola & Enrique started their fame with Messi & specially Guardiola with a very talented team which until now still struggling with the CL.

We were always a good team with a huge talented player inside, worked like a charm with Ronaldinho & Messi.

In ~3 years will be the time to play full tactics.

FCBfan22

Watched the game in a bar yesterday.... We look promising attacking-wise, but the defence is still utter shite.

George_Costanza

Winning 5-2 against Mallorca while playing entertaining football is a high note for EV. He should resign now before he ruins his last night's legacy.

Marshall D Teach

Valverde apologists when we play against relegation fodder at home:

giphy.gif

Valverde apologists in the CL knockout rounds:

giphy.gif

Rory

So that's a grand total of one game of convincing football we've played all year against a team that had already lost 9 games in the previous 14. And probably 2-3 games where we weren't just totally saved by ter stegen or Messi. Time for a contract extension methinks.

BBZ8800

So that's a grand total of one game of convincing football we've played all year against a team that had already lost 9 games in the previous 14. And probably 2-3 games where we weren't just totally saved by ter stegen or Messi. Time for a contract extension methinks.

Well, aren't like 80% of La Liga teams=Mickey Mouse teams and we should be winning against them all the time?
Firther, Sevilla sucks, Real Madrid is a mess, and Atletico is the weakest in the last few years.

So, basically, in every match in La Liga, you could reply=lol, we won against a Mickey Mouse team... Good job, EV (sarcasm).
Then when we move to CL, we won against Dortmund and we had the same reply: Dortmund is horrible.

Well, who is good then?
All Liga teams suck, CL opponents are bad.
What is left: to measure everything with a match on Anfield, and yet Liverpool will win a EPL with 20 points advantage over Pep's City and they have high chances to play their 3rd CL final in a row and win back to back CLs.
Someone could ask: if EV is a crap for losing against Liverpool and if everything is measured with Anfield's match, does that mean that Pep is also a shit manager since he will end 20 POINTS behind the same Liverpool?

But, I know, you guys will offer random silly replies:
Pep at least plays entertaining.
Lol, he is still 20 points behind Liverpool...

I mean, aren't you guys setting a bar too high lately?
Our play is constantly being compared to Pep's Barca, which will repeat never again.
And now all matches/opponents are compared with Anfield and CL semis.

Last 4 matches:
1. Leganes: EV made good subs and returned to his basics, we turned a match from 0:1 to 2:1
2. Dortmund, key CL match. Return to basics, 3:1 win.
3. Atletico, La Liga contender: 1:0.
4. Mallorca: 5:2
4 wins in a row.
First place in a CL secured, we are back on top of La liga and we play better and better since we returned to EV's basics.

Aren't we slightly spoiled?

Last edited:

mc_lovin

Depends. Our recent performances are more than alright, but before that we played nearly impossibly bad (with that kind of squad..). Add to that our unprecedented CL losses adn the climate against Valverde is more than understandable.

Rory

Well, aren't like 80% of La Liga teams=Mickey Mouse teams and we should be winning against them all the time?
Firther, Sevilla sucks, Real Madrid is a mess, and Atletico is the weakest in the last few years.

So, basically, in every match in La Liga, you could reply=lol, we won against a Mickey Mouse team... Good job, EV (sarcasm).
Then when we move to CL, we won against Dortmund and we had the same reply: Dortmund is horrible.

Well, who is good then?
All Liga teams suck, CL opponents are bad.
What is left: to measure everything with a match on Anfield, and yet Liverpool will win a EPL with 20 points advantage over Pep's City and they have high chances to play their 3rd CL final in a row and win back to back CLs.
Someone could ask: if EV is a crap for losing against Liverpool and if everything is measured with Anfield's match, does that mean that Pep is also a shit manager since he will end 20 POINTS behind the same Liverpool?

But, I know, you guys will offer random silly replies:
Pep at least plays entertaining.
Lol, he is still 20 points behind Liverpool...

I mean, aren't you guys setting a bar too high lately?
Our play is constantly being compared to Pep's Barca, which will repeat never again.
And now all matches/opponents are compared with Anfield and CL semis.

Last 4 matches:
1. Leganes: EV made good subs and returned to his basics, we turned a match from 0:1 to 2:1
2. Dortmund, key CL match. Return to basics, 3:1 win.
3. Atletico, La Liga contender: 1:0.
4. Mallorca: 5:2
4 wins in a row.
First place in a CL secured, we are back on top of La liga and we play better and better since we returned to EV's basics.

I'm not measuring our play against pep's. That level will probably never be recreated, yet again a straw man to attack. I'm not saying we shouldn't appreciate the position we find ourselves in. Just mean we've been less than convincing in many of our games. I'm more talking of our away record which has been very poor. You ignored one of my main points which was we've been saved multiple times by outstanding performances from Messi or Ter stegen.

Should we be really struggling to beat Leganes? Look at the goals we scored, a cross in the box (1 in 100 go in for us) and vidal scoring because it deflected off a Leganes player straight to him. It was nothing to do with good managing. Doesn't mean I'm not happy with the result, you can be happy with a result and annoyed about a performance you know?

We've been poor against lots of teams this year and either just about got a result due to random individual ability or we've drew/lost the game. The game against Dortmund at home was a good game but you can't deny they were poor. practically passed us the ball back everytime they got it. Atletico were terrible at finishing; they had 17 shots. We're strong at home and always have been.

We've struggled against Bilbao, Osasuna, Dortmund, Granada, Slavia Prague (x2), Levante, Leganes and Atletico dropping 15 points I think.

The people saying Real Madrid are terrible or whatever need to look at how many points they're on.

serghei

Asking to be competitive in CL is not being spoiled. Being spoiled is asking for the manager's head after close defeats. Not after European humiliations.

A top manager never lets something like Anfield happen again after the Roma incident. From that point on, all the fans asking for Valverde to be replaced have all the reasons in the world to ask that. Until Valverde redeems himself. And he can only do that by winning the Champions League.

This team would win the league with 30 other managers instead of Valverde. Think about it. We've won the league almost undefeated, and then went and bought the best player from the 2nd best team in the league last season. That's while also having the best player in the world, and one of the best strikers in the world still. And signing the best midfielder in the world last season also. While also having the best goalkeeper in the world. Insanely talented squad that needs a superteam to be stopped in La Liga. Which means some other team going near Madrid 2016-17 level to have any chance of stopping this Barcelona in a league format.

The manager can show his real worth by winning the CL with this team. Something that we have shown to struggle with in recent years. Not winning a league which we have in our pocket for the most part of the Messi era and counting.

This Barcelona can still lose the league to Madrid because they look more complacent vs smaller sides than in the previous two seasons under Valverde. So the real question is if we will have a rival strong enough to exploit the fuck-ups we make along the way with the Levantes and the Osasunas. This Madrid can get close, but we'll probably still win this La Liga based purely on individual class from too many players, especially our attack.

Last edited:

serghei

This Madrid side is not terrible, that I agree with. They could be our strongest rival in the last 3 seasons in the league, and with our concentration and consistency vs the smaller teams declining compared with 2017-18, and 2018-19, this title fight could get pretty close.

Neymessi

"Aren't we slightly spoiled" I remember after Anfield happened and people were angrily calling out BBZ he said that he feels EV should be sacked blah blah and gave a diplomatic reply. I always felt he still felt the same as before about EV and Barca fans in general. Now he is finally slowly showing his true colors when the storm has settled.

I am at an absolute loss of words when someone says we are spoiled after 2 biggest embarrassments, playing like shit for 2 years etc. Fans like BBZ are the actual reason why we are what we are. By far the worst poster on this forum.

JohnN

I am not so sure that "back to basics" is the reason why the team shows signs of improvement. It's a mix of reasons in my opinion, and one of them is Messi getting fitter and going nuclear in some games. Another one is FDJ who shows glimpses of genius. Suarez has also stepped up and Griezmann, even if he still struggles, has found ways to get more involved.
Let's keep it up and see where it takes us!

Home of Barca Fans