Ernesto Valverde

FinBarcelonafan

Last 20 minutes make me worried even more about the CL KO's.

I don't think Valverde understands, that this team sucks defending leads. We can't sit back and absord pressure. That's not how this team was build. Our best defense is to hold the ball.. Valverde never seems to understand that.

xXKonan

If we play as we did in the last 20 mins, then we will go out vs any good team.

Sure you want to conserve energy and see that game out, but it's annoying that we flat out just quit playing. We have got to be better than that and be more on our toes when needed and instead of losing so much footing in a match.

The last time I felt we could legit sit back and be conservative and immediately turn up a switch when needed was during the second half of the treble season under Lucho.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Lel.
You don't get it, as majority of fans.

I'll explain it slowly.

So, Frenkie was surrounded by two guys who were good in defense.
Schone: 1,6 tackles+1,1 interceptions+0,7 clearances per match
Van Der Beek: 1,5 tackles+0,8 interceptions+0,6 clearances

Now, Arthur last season:
0,6 tackles+0,3 interceptions+0,3 clearances.

Now, a simple question: do you think that Frenkie will look better defensively when he plays with Schone or even Van der Beek, or when he plays alongside Arthur?

Rakitic: 0,9 tackles+1,5 interceptions+0,8 clearances.

I know that you guys are obssessed with build up and press resistance since you started to follow football during Pep.
But sadly, in 2019, when you pair two midfielders where one is young and shaky, and the other one is young and bad in defense, you get=shaky defense.

John talked how we need to keep possession, well that worked when we had 3 good midfielders and 3 mobile attackers.
Plus Alves who played as a false midfielder.
That was 7 players for keeping possession.
How will you copy that style with only 2 mobile midfielders?

So, no, we probably can't play defense by keeping possession but=with playing actual defense.

Aryagorn, if this is too complicated, sorry, I can't write it simpler.

The old fart picks a match at Camp Nou; against a team that got absolutely destroyed by Bayern, have been on a terrible run and barely salvaged a point against a relegation team, with a manager who's on verge of getting sacked; and is pushing his stupid agenda! :facepalm:

I don't think Valverde understands, that this team sucks defending leads. We can't sit back and absord pressure. That's not how this team was build. Our best defense is to hold the ball.. Valverde never seems to understand that.

Nor does the old fart who's having the time of his life coz he found a sample to push his agenda against us

JohnN

It seems we did switch of completely to save energy, but against German teams that never never quit, that isn't so smart.
I reckon if we kept playing the score would be something like 5-0 but we gave them a way back in the game. Also, it doesn't feel like we saved energy by trying to defend. We would be better of passing the ball around and make them chase it. But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

Sorin

I wouldn't be against giving players a free day every other week if the team was properly trained in the pre season and we showed that we are in top physical condition for the start of the season. However, we all saw the disastrous state of the team in almost all our matches, both in La Liga and UCL, so having so many days without working on it seems to not be ideal.

We all know how this is going to end except the Valverde fan boys.

FCBfan22

I wouldn't be against giving players a free day every other week if the team was properly trained in the pre season and we showed that we are in top physical condition for the start of the season. However, we all saw the disastrous state of the team in almost all our matches, both in La Liga and UCL, so having so many days without working on it seems to not be ideal.

Exactly. I said yesterday that every one of our starters bar Griezmann + numerous bench players got injured in the last 3 months. That tells a lot about our physical preparation.

Kul_z

Among all other flaws he has, one thing i'd never understand. Rotations like this if everyone is available:

Roberto pique todibo alba
Semedo umtiti lenglet firpo
Semedo pique araujo alba
Roberto pique umtiti firpo

Mf

Busi
De jong arthur

Rakitic
De jong arthur

Busi
Rakitic arthur

De jong
Vidal arthur

Busi
Vidal riqui

Attack

Messi suarez griez
Griez suarez dembele
Messi griez dembele
Messi suarez fati

Etc.

What im trying to say, rotation plan that doesnt hurt gameplan, if we can call that gameplan at all. Almost everyone would have a match time in their legs, confidence, and it would be easier to slide in starting lineup if things like injuries(no shit) occur. You could see clearly that firpo doesnt have a cohesion with others, misplaced runs(actually good runs, but he doesnt know the ways of the lord valverde) misplaced passes.

You dont have to rotate whole squad, but substitues at hour mark for two players would be useful.
Messi, suarez, pique and busi are untouchables as it seems from starting 11, but let others fight for their spots, positive competition, obviously never heard of that?

Sidewinder

I find quite impressive the retard has fans. Maybe contrarians, saved one or two dofus I see that really loves him here.

Gnidrologist

About Frenkie, he is too light for now in defense and needs teachers or babysitters around him.
The fuck am i reading. It's DJ, who is constantly babysitting our geezers all around the pitch, making ball retention look better than it actually is, because nor Biskvits or Rakitic can run anymore. He has been sort of like libero, who cleans up mess after someone else failed, including Dortmund match. With current Rakitic and Busq it's like if they make faulty judgement call and miss tackle/interception they're out of the game completely and never recover and that's where DJ often comes in with his pace, relentlesness and superior physical strenght that our "tall workhorses" dodn't possess.

Total-Football

Valverde 's approach is simple in those 3 years.Play the 3 most defensive midfielders to hope for a minimum conceded goals and hope that messi and Luis score à couple of goals. That is his whole approach and ideas and tactics (or lack thereof) reduced to one sentence. It is as clear as daylight by now.

Home of Barca Fans