Ernesto Valverde

FinBarcelonafan

Our away record in Italy is terrible. Against 80.000 italians against a team in form, managed by a top manager, who will give everything to go through. Look at the pussy veterans we have and the clown on the bench. How do you rate our chances?

If we need a draw probably 25%

gregorrin10

If we lose today's game, guarantee he will say that its no big deal because we just have to beat Inter to qualify for the knockouts.

Putting basically our whole season in the hands of another European away game...yeah makes sense. Last season our CL season was ended in an embarrassing fashion at the semifinals stage, the year before in the quarters, this year already in the group stages. Again, makes complete sense.

JohnN

Are we doing better with rakitic on there or is Dortmund really bad? Can't we try Fdj, rakitic Arthur sometime?

BBZ8800

Yeah, that was a Rakitic masterclass.

Even with his poor or average game, our positional game in defense and covering is way better than when Arthur-Frenkie play.

Keep denying, that is your problem, mate.
You'll see it on larger samples.

BBZ8800

Are we doing better with rakitic on there or is Dortmund really bad? Can't we try Fdj, rakitic Arthur sometime?

Isn't this our best game in a CL this season?

Dortmund away: 0 chances, outplayed
Inter home: could have been 0:3 at half time
Slavia away: outplayed, but won 2:1
Slavia home: mess again, 0:0
Dortmund 2:0 halftime. The best defensive display. Midfield was positionally good and balanced. We didn't played shiny and like Pep's Barca, but we were organised, created chances and we were almost 3:0 up (Suarez's offside).

Now:
During the first EV's 2 years, we looked the same in a CL, except in Rome and Anfield, but we were good enough for a group stage.
When we turned to Frenkie-Arthur this season, we were on a verge of getting KOd in a group stage and midfield and defense were a mess on every single match, even on every single away La Liga match, the first time ever.
When we returned to Busi-Raki, balance from EV's first 2 seasons was back in midfield and defense (even though we don't play as shiny in passing).

So, do you really think that the biggest mess during Frenkie-Arthur duo was a pure coincidence?

Again, if someone wants to live in a delusion to feed their dreams about favorite players, feel free.
For others, you can live in a real world.

mc_lovin

Even with his poor or average game, our positional game in defense and covering is way better than when Arthur-Frenkie play.

Keep denying, that is your problem, mate.
You'll see it on larger samples.

This game is first and foremost a Messi masterclass. Rakitics positional game might be better right now, mate, but nothing to write home about. See you when a better team crushes Rakitic again.

BBZ8800

This game is first and foremost a Messi masterclass. Rakitics positional game might be better right now, mate, but nothing to write home about. See you when a better team crushes Rakitic again.

I know, it is always something else.

When Arthur don't play:
1. the opponent was bad (Last weekend), today again
2. or the opponents gave up
3. or Messi was a GOAT
4. or we were lucky

When Arthur plays and we lose:
1. it is EV
2. the teammates are not moving off the ball

Why is EV good tonight, and teammates are moving?

Try to look back at EV's 3 years and try to find an era when we played the worst in those 3 years?
If we'll play better now with Raki-Busi duo again, what will that mean?

mc_lovin

If you cant spot Rakitics weaknesses theres nothing I can do to convince you. You cant put todays (or this seasons performances in general) down to either Rakitic or Arthur. Other players/circumstances matter as well. But hey, see you when Rakitic gets found out again in a high profile/high intensity game.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
BBZ is a worse troll than the dude who made a new account after getting banned all the time.

BBZ8800

If you cant spot Rakitics weaknesses theres nothing I can do to convince you. You cant put todays (or this seasons performances in general) down to either Rakitic or Arthur. Other players/circumstances matter as well. But hey, see you when Rakitic gets found out again in a high profile/high intensity game.

Rakitic is good enough for small and medium opponents.
He sucks against Liverpool.

Frenkie-Arthur duo couldn't cope with any la liga team away and almost knocked out us out of a group stage.

Frenkie-Arthur a success is only a dream for now.

In this moment, even a limited Frenkie-Busi-Raki performs better than Frenkie-Arthur.
They are limited, but consistent.
You know what you will get.
Wins against small teams.
Trashing in CL quarters.
But again, they are usually good enough against average teams.
Can you say the same for Arthur-Frenkie?
I can't.

DonAk, feel free to insult.
I will wait for your reply about this matter in the future.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Rakitic is good enough for small and medium opponents.
He sucks against Liverpool.

Frenkie-Arthur duo couldn't cope with any la liga team away and almost knocked out us out of a group stage.

Frenkie-Arthur a success is only a dream for now.

In this moment, even a limited Frenkie-Busi-Raki performs better than Frenkie-Arthur.

DonAk, feel free to insult.
I will wait for your reply about this matter in the future.

Okay, let me be serious and not be mean.

I think you're simplifying it quite a lot here and using one match to drive home an opinion as a fact is not a good look, but hey you do it all the time anyway.

For what it's worth we're playing without Pique and Alba tonight too so perhaps those two are bigger problems? Perhaps we should bench them going forward, what do you think?

Let me give you one very interesting stat here:

In 6 of the games Barcelona have failed to win this season, Arthur started on the bench on four of them and wasn't even in the squad on the other two players.

What does it tell you? That Barcelona are so, so much worse without Arthur!

After all, stats don't lie brother.

Home of Barca Fans