Ernesto Valverde

FC B

Of course. He was there until he spoke for the first time and then they decided to not call him anymore. :lol:

If he is called again he could try to convince everyone how fitness level is not so important for an elite team and how you have to run less than the opponent to have more chances to win.

:lol:

gregorrin10

According to reports he'll be offered a contract extension if he meets objectives this season.

Guess we will wait and see at end of the season how he does.

Really doesn't matter at this point, he will be gone along with this Board in 2021 at the latest, but until then we're screwed either way, you would even expect they'll do whatever they can to keep their favourite puppet until the very end. I'm guessing the only way EV does not stay for the last year of this Board is if we end up trophy less, every other way I think he's staying, even if we only manage to win just Copa.

And at this point if you think about it, what is even the point of bringing someone well known like Koeman for one year. To make him quit the Dutch national team, I expect he'll want assurances of a bigger contract, which our Board can't promise him, or maybe they'll do it anyway and let the next Board deal with paying him out early, if they want him gone after 2021, when I expect they'll want to bring in their own guy (Font=Xavi?) this way the current Board will screw the new Board even more. It's clear they don't give a shit, once they'll pack up with their money in 2021. Bartomeu is gonna of course try in one last push to keep control of the club and push one of his minions on elections anyway, but hopefully he won't be (and I don't see how he could be) successful. But either way, his work will be done (destroying pretty much everything Cruyff and Pep built in terms of people associating Barca with playing beautiful football and having La Masia heavily relied on), and he'll gladly retire with his blood money and never think about Barca again.

As for the players, I only feel bad for the likes of De Jong, Arthur, Ter Stegen and so on and I truly hope we get to keep them all until then, so that they can lead this club alongside a new coach and some new (home grown) players like Puig, Fati and Moriba, while for the old guard of Pique, Rakitic, Suarez, Busquets, Alba, Roberto, even Messi, having Valverde until the end will be sort of a carmic justice for backing him after Anfield, cause I suspect they will pretty much all be gone after the new Board comes in and starts cleaning house. The only one here after 2021 I suspect will be Messi, and maybe Alba, since he's got that fat contract all up to 2024, but even he might get sold.

Last edited:

Tackle

[tw]1194314620095401984[/tw]
[tw]1194335517313261568[/tw]

Tempted to put down a few quid on Koeman being our manager next season. Seems rather apparent there has been some sort of gentleman's agreement reached.

Last edited:

EdmondDantes

There's every chance he will be even worse than Valverde. His Everton side was atrocious.

We may as well get ten Hag instead. He's far superior.

George_Costanza

[tw]1194314620095401984[/tw]
[tw]1194335517313261568[/tw]

Tempted to put down a few quid on Koeman being our manager next season. Seems rather apparent there has been some sort of gentleman's agreement reached.

Was he invited to the UEFA Elite Coaches Forum? :thinking:

George_Costanza

Koeman is not the coach who is going to start the next Barca revolution and prepare the club for the post-Messi era. One should ask himself would any of the top 4-5 clubs in EPL hire Koeman as their coach? I'm certain the answer would be no. Would any of the top European clubs hire Koeman i.e Juve, Bayern, and PSG? the answer is definitely no. So why are we pushing so hard for him?

Bayern, Real and maybe even City will be looking for a new manager next summer. A few good ones might be available and we should get a pre-agreement with one soon or they will be gone.

Horatio

You're welcome
Most of our players understand English and it never hindered Rijkaard.

Rijkaard didn’t have an easy start. Fans called for his resignation.
And football nowadays is more demanding. Not sure if we can compare with 20 years ago.

clemente

There's every chance he will be even worse than Valverde. His Everton side was atrocious.

We may as well get ten Hag instead. He's far superior.

Not really fair since his Everton squad was atrocious, and look at Netherlands now, they are 100% the best performing nation right now.

But yeah I wouldn't want another defensive manager

EdmondDantes

Not really fair since his Everton squad was atrocious, and look at Netherlands now, they are 100% the best performing nation right now.

But yeah I wouldn't want another defensive manager

His Southampton side were poor too. And his signings at Everton were disappointing as well. The fulcrum of his Everton project relied on a player like Klaassen being centre piece to his success. Klaassen went on to not even make their bench for the subsequent managers Everton have had.

He's yet another defensive coach as you say - one who relies much more on his name and past as a footballer than his competence as a coach.

National sides doing well don't mean much. It's quite common for the likes of Belgium, England, Germany, etc to through an entire World Cup, Euro, etc qualifying campaign with a 100% win record.

Martinez, a nothing coach, is now great for Belgium too. That's no parameter.

I think Ronald would be a poor man's Zidane here, more defensive and even more limited tactically. Bending over backwards to the real bosses of this team - our grandpas.

EdmondDantes

More reports coming out today that Pep is unhappy in Manchester.

His wife has been living back in Spain for awhile now too. It's his 4th season there, right about when he'd had it in Germany as well.

I'd love us to bring him home but I'm adamant Pep would only work here again if there wasn't a single player he's worked with before - including Messi.

He left because he didn't fancy doing a clear out 2.0 like he did with Dinho and Eto'o.

It's a nice thought though, especially if he brought Bernardo and Laporte along as well.

Home of Barca Fans