Ernesto Valverde

mc_lovin

Call me an idiot, but I have some faith that people can learn. Valverde surely cant think Busquets and Rakitic should be paired for another year. But who am I kidding.

My dream would be Arthur and Frenkie as starters with Rakitic and Busquets sharing the last midfield spot.

Marshall D Teach

Call me an idiot, but I have some faith that people can learn. Valverde surely cant think Busquets and Rakitic should be paired for another year. But who am I kidding.

My dream would be Arthur and Frenkie as starters with Rakitic and Busquets sharing the last midfield spot.

Valverde clearly can't learn as he has demonstrated time and time again. Believing otherwise is just wishful thinking at this point I'm afraid. This guy is hopeless.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

It's not about he isn't learning, I'm sure he is aware of the issues, even my 11 years old nephew knows those issues. He is simply a weak manager who knows that he might lose his job if he pisses off the seniors. They are the one who controls him, not the other way around.

Pretty sure that even if somehow we could field a team of 11 Ronaldinhos our game would be again boring and dull. If Valverde doesn't gtfo this team will be unwatchable again.

shadows

It's not about he isn't learning, I'm sure he is aware of the issues, even my 11 years old nephew knows those issues. He is simply a weak manager who knows that he might lose his job if he pisses off the seniors. They are the one who controls him, not the other way around.

Well we did buy a lot of offensive players and kept the slow ass midfielders and defenders who were more of a problem than us lacking offense.

I get it that he doesnt want to piss off seniors.. But for a dull and defensive coach, our defense sure does suck and has sucked for a while now!!

Haha come on. We play two different back lines yesterday, and it was our first pre season match in Japan.. Our defence is ok

Our defence is the same as last year, where we have many problems against the top teams. Instead of Neymar we should looking for a worldclass defender because we are good enough offensive with Griezmann, De Jong, Puig, Arthur, Dembele and the GOAT Lionel Messi.

vinni

Our defence is the same as last year, where we have many problems against the top teams. Instead of Neymar we should looking for a worldclass defender because we are good enough offensive with Griezmann, De Jong, Puig, Arthur, Dembele and the GOAT Lionel Messi.

I dont really agree. We might not have the best defence in the world but its one of the best. I think our problem lies more in midfield. You also have to remember that our playing style will make our CBs look like fools at times. When a team can successfully break our midfield with a counter attack, we are allways in trouble.

I think our CBs will do just fine for one more year. We do need someone to help out or put pressure on Jordi Alba though. He cant go another season alone at LB. Well maybe he can, but its not worth the risk.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

This jackass is not suited to this club in ANY FUCKING WAY.

Mediocre and uninspiring ex player and even worse as a manager.

Likes to be defensive and play 442 or 4231.

Barca formation is 433 and the clubs recent tradition has been attack.

Does not promote youth or la Masia

Club prides itself on youth set up and developing players.

Is scared of his own shadow.

Barca's most successful coaches have always been brave and backed themselves.

I could go on and on but this mofo is just La Ligas equivalent of Pullis or Allardyce.

Barcilliant

What mystifies me is the fact that he gets given a pass by the football media worldwide.
I mean even Graham Hunter defended him, blaming Barto for not delivering Parejo!! 😃 😃 😃

I dont really agree. We might not have the best defence in the world but its one of the best. I think our problem lies more in midfield. You also have to remember that our playing style will make our CBs look like fools at times. When a team can successfully break our midfield with a counter attack, we are allways in trouble.

I think our CBs will do just fine for one more year. We do need someone to help out or put pressure on Jordi Alba though. He cant go another season alone at LB. Well maybe he can, but its not worth the risk.

I hope youre right :barcascarf:

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
I don't see Madrid being stronger (I might regret saying this!) this year. They still have the same problems that caused them so much trouble last year and they haven't really addressed them. Add to that that Zidane is quite a divisive figure with his favourites and the club pretty much saying to several players that they can go, or actively trying to off load them (Modric, Bale, Marcello etc). It is going to take a lot of good management to gel them together. They were awful last year and they didn't improve when Zizou came back. Atleti will be our main rivals, unless they walk the league if we implode.

Home of Barca Fans