Ernesto Valverde

George_Costanza

Yup. Eibar like a good run out against top sides at home. Barca and Atleti usually manage to find the way past, but they're the kind of a weird annoying side that anyone can drop points against if the day is right. Last year Barca went there when league was wrapped up and Real was a pile of shite, but those kinds of results only give their kind confidence. Could go either way given how garbage Barcelona are away from home.

So you are already making excuses for your beloved Fraudverde in case Barca lose the game tomorrow...:lol:

El Gato

Villarato!
What he doing ain’t really different from all the fans in the match thread posting every game it’s going be a difficult game.

And it wasn't easy. Eibar made them work for the 3-0 like they do with most top sides. They just make too many mistakes to win consistently with this style. Mendilibar classic, he always says he'll never apologise for the way they play - lack of pragmatism holds them back

serghei

It's a reason Eibar have some of the worst results with Barcelona from all teams in La Liga. They just play in a way that leaves them very exposed to good attackers. Messi had a shit game and still scored, and made an assist. If he had a top game he'd be on a hat trick after this match with so much space.

El Gato

Villarato!
It's a reason Eibar have some of the worst results with Barcelona from all teams in La Liga. They just play in a way that leaves them very exposed to good attackers. Messi had a shit game and still scored, and made an assist. If he had a top game he'd be on a hat trick after this match with so much space.

Agreed, but most top sides have attackers good enough to pull it off. Good attackers still require a solid game from the guys who play key balls i.e. De Jong or the fullbacks. Barca's backline also performed quite well despite Umtiti braindead moments and Semedo sub fixed a lot of the issues. Not that it's a Valverde praise, he probably could have started from the get go for the 'nothing' player...

Eibar are good, but not pragmatic. They'll never be more than they are with that attitude, but it works OK enough for their level and I don't think their fans mind with some of the results they're able to pull off against top sides. It's a different type of dogmatism to that of Setien.

Vilarrubi

Agreed, amount of counters and potential counters we wasted was ridiculous.

Vilarrubi

Fine. Just yesterday I provided a small list of those logical arguments about Valverde's mistakes for BBZ, in Suarez's thread.
Please read it and tell me where I was wrong, when logic has failed me and if the small list is anything other but my professional opinion.

Didn't expect you to get a reply to this lol

Tackle

Didn't expect you to get a reply to this lol

Aye.

You really got me this time.

Truth is I only reply to posts when I want to make a point or engage in further debate.

I read his post in the Suarez thread and to be honest I agree with many of his criticisms of Valverde to a certain extent. I obviously do not agree with it all wholeheartedly, but that is to be expected of someone that has a different perspective of football.

Potroh is a very good poster, which is rare for someone who is so strongly anti-Valvederde. I enjoy reading his posts and his contributions are always insightful.

Same cannot said about low-IQ, chimp level nutters such as yourself that simply blindly regurgitate the same diluted, illogical, brain dead rubbish.

Potroh

which is rare for someone who is so strongly anti-Valvederde.

Okay but I doubt I'd be anti-Valverde.
I am simply on the opinion that he is a low-end mediocre coach, who had never worked with stars and individually outstanding players like Barca has. There are many coaches like him, actually most middle-aged LaLiga coaches are somewhat similar.
A team like Barca's deserves a much better and much more charismatic coach, someone who has a vision, besides deciding if Roberto or Semedo plays right-back.

I try to watch every game with a relatively objective and dispassionate eyes, and I have even tried to find games that were won or saved due to EV's tactical changes. Frankly, I didn't find any of those, so far.

To date I could only find one advantageous feature of Valverde, namely that he is not the fashionable neuropathic or nerve-patient coach, which is definitely an advantage for the players.
People may think that playing under an impulsive coach, like Simeone is, would be an advantage, in reality there is nothing more confusing like that on the pitch.
It's like calmly driving your car, when some authority is constantly follows you and shouts instructions at you through the open window.

Valverede is the typical mediocre coach, and if I'd be anti-Valverde, it's only from the point of view, that the present Barca team could be much much better with a first-class or world-class coach.

Marshall D Teach

:lol: Valverde fanboys talking about logic.

There are no logical arguments for not firing Valverde before he got on the plane back from Liverpool. None whatsoever.

Supporting Valverde after Anfield is inherently illogical.

Last edited:

Havesaks

Didn't watch the match only a 10min highlight, but Valverde grabs another win with ease. Things start clicking with better and more fitting midfielders. Man I hope this Guy ends up winning the treble just to shut all Anti-valverde cult down for good.

Home of Barca Fans