Ernesto Valverde

George_Costanza

https://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/opinion/2019/09/22/5d86aa1e46163ff71a8b45a3.html

The debate about Ernesto Valverde was already being talked about at the end of last season.

The controversy was evident. He's not the only one to blame for this deplorable start to the season, but he is one of the major reasons for the disaster. His decisions, his doubted ability to react and the symptoms of defeat that he transmits are one of the biggest weaknesses of this Barcelona. But, I insist, he's not the only one.However, in football you already know that the most logical measure, or at least the most possible in terms of infrastructure, is to search for a change in the dugout.

Josep Maria Bartomeu won't do it because the right time was at the end of last season and if he didn't think about it or dare to then, he won't do it now with a full season ahead.

But there are more than enough reasons to do so. You can't keep a coach who loses knock-out Champions League ties two years running having won the first leg with a thrashing.

You can't understand that there are so few options in central defence that a central defender was not a priority in the summer, or that he didn't share this with the technical secretary.

It doesn't make sense that three away games in a row, the opposition look to shut down the passes of your midfielder, Frenkie de Jong, and you don't change anything to find a solution.

It's not logical to play two games already this season with a full-back on his weaker foot, Nelson Semedo when he has shown that he can't.

It's not good for the dressing room that a player has such a disorganized life and numerous acts of indiscipline, Ousmane Dembele, yet still has opportunities when injuries permit.

There is no rational explanation that a player, Carles Alena, can start the first game of the season and then disappear from matchday squads.

That your starting central midfield away from home, when you come from two draws and a defeat away from Camp Nou, is a player you wanted to sell in the summer, Ivan Rakitic and a player forgotten about in the last two games, Sergi Roberto. Even less so when Arthur has played two great games.Barcelona, today, play worse than ever, they've lost their incredible record in the league and offer the same doubts as always in the Champions League.

With an unbalanced squad, depending on a 16-year-old kid and the same guy as always, who is more human with the passing years, to save the day.

Leagues aside, Valverde is not able to recover Barcelona, their level of play or their results. He's lost all possible credit and his ability to react is nil. What should happen for Barcelona to decide to change the coach?

Just when I thought it couldn't get worse I log in here and see people clamouring to get Mourinho.

There is not a footballing man that has insulted this club more than Mourinho. He threw shade on all our CL wins and pretty much singlehandedly fanned the flames of the UEFALONA myth.

How about the disrespect to Tito if we hired him? Goodness me. I can straight up say I'd rather we were relegated than hire Mourinho.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
We are not playing entertaining football right now, so might as well get Mourinho, at least we would get some entertainment off the pitch:mou:

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Just when I thought it couldn't get worse I log in here and see people clamouring to get Mourinho.

There is not a footballing man that has insulted this club more than Mourinho. He threw shade on all our CL wins and pretty much singlehandedly fanned the flames of the UEFALONA myth.

How about the disrespect to Tito if we hired him? Goodness me. I can straight up say I'd rather we were relegated than hire Mourinho.

It truly speaks about the state of things when people would rather have fucking Mourinho than the festering ball sack squatting in the technical area

Zidane82

As regards Valverde.... whenever the camera focuses on him he always looks bewildered/confused

We are currently 7th in La Liga

Riordon

Something broke at Anfield it can’t be repaired. We need a caretaker to the end of season (Mourinho, Allegri, Wenger) and then start a completely new project and direction next summer with a young exciting coach with ideas.

Here is hoping Villarreal beat us.

Zidane82

Something broke at Anfield it can’t be repaired. We need a caretaker to the end of season (Mourinho, Allegri, Wenger) and then start a completely new project and direction next summer with a young exciting coach with ideas.

Here is hoping Villarreal beat us.
This whole situation cries out for a Xavi / Puyol partnership or Xavi / Iniesta team with Puyol in to organise the defence

Riordon

This whole situation cries out for a Xavi / Puyol partnership or Xavi / Iniesta team with Puyol in to organise the defence

Don’t think it’s smart at all with Xavi now considering he has been teammates and probably real life mates with the veterans.

I want Erik Ten Haag, Nagelsmaan or Lopetegui. Tuchel is a good shout aswell.

Nagelsmaan is my favorite, he is just 30 years old and his understanding of the game is IMO up there with Pep.

fergus90

Mourinho is a big no for me. He causes havoc wherever he goes and has too much bad blood with Barca now. Not to mention there's no way he'd accept a caretaker role until the end of the season.

He would also still play Suarez, Rakitic etc every game, he has been particularly complimentary to Rakitic recently when working as a pundit. Changes are needed from the top down at Barca, I can't honestly trust Bartomeu to hire the right replacement or a brave replacement.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
The fact that you're still here, defending Valverde after everything. I'm not sure who the greater fool is. Ernesto, or you who keep buying into his bullshit.

After the back to back Champions League humiliations, the players looking like they don't train basic concepts, looking clueless out on the pitch tactically...

Keep sucking his dick though, perhaps he'll notice you one day.

[tw]1175520542352465921[/tw]

[tw]1175513734657261570[/tw]

[tw]1175517117145391104[/tw]

Van Gaal won the league that season.

Just sayin.

Vilarrubi

This guy still here?....... has there been any rumours over the last 24 hours of him leaving, please tell me there has?

Barcilliant

We'll get out the group.

No, we fucking won't!

We have Inter next week. They have Conte. A manager who knows how to organize and motivate a team.

I guarantee we will lose or at best draw against Inter. Two points after two matches is not good enough in a tight group.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
This guy still here?....... has there been any rumours over the last 24 hours of him leaving, please tell me there has?

As expected all captains are back to their mouse holes and Valverde is back with empty phrases.

Next match we destroy Villarreal at home and then all is "great" again.

Noone seems to care enough in Catalunya to stir things up. What the fuck happened to nation that bore the famous Catalan company to turn into such a nest of soy boys.

I don't even care that much about bad results, it's that we play horrible football considering talent we have at our disposal.

Home of Barca Fans