Ernesto Valverde

Leo_Messi

Mourinho wont be accepted by neither our board nor the players, it could literally end with us missing out on champions leauge.

I keep defending Valverde, because as you self wrote the clubs problems are way deeper than the coach. Im not so sure that more than a handfull of coaches around would have delivered better.

Why would Mourinho not be accepted? Only Messi, Busquets and Piqué remain of the old lot who remember the heated 2010-2013 era. Roberto too although he played a minimal role. Never heard anything but praise of Mourinho's managerial abilities from the old lot. Even from puritans like Xavi although the latter openly disagrees with Mourinho's preferred playing style.

So the idea of the club de amigos clan somehow vetoing Mourinho but being fine with Malmierda is baffling. The sole reason why they could be against Mourinho, has more to do with him not accepting the current pathetic status quo at the club and being a threat to them. Similar to how the same lot saved Malmierda from the axe earlier this year. Had Messi publicly stated his displeasure with Malmierda, the latter would have already packed his bags and left.

The 'missing out on the Champions league' "argument" that you keep mentioning, is not going to happen as I already wrote. No point mentioning it again.

My first post in this thread, pre-Roma catastrophe, was about Malmierda not being the entire problem but a big part of it, which is not any different today. It has just become even clearer that Malmierda is a big part of the problem and not good enough to lead Barça.

A manager should not solely be judged by his results but likewise the legacy that he will leave to his successor and in a club like Barça, the playing style, although the entire club is rotten nowadays and not much of our old ethos is left as I already wrote about earlier.

All this aside, Malmierda is damaged goods and the cancerous board needs to act by firing him and parting ways with some of the club de amigos clan members in January already.

Use RM's firing of Benítez back in January 2015, as an inspiration. We won't find our own Zidane but less could do. Remember that by 2021, the current board is likely going to get the boot and so will most of the old guard. However serious rebuilding of the squad should already occur next summer before that happens. In particular if we, as I believe, won't win either the league nor the CL.

Last edited:

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Here is what I have in mind , without going on another Transfer spree. Get rid of these players asap : Pique , Busquets , Rakitic , Suarez. Potentially sell Vidal and Buy a CB (Konate or some other WC cb) and maybe an extra forward.

GK's:
Mats
Neto

Defenders
Wague
Semedo
Lenglet
Todibo
Konate
Alba
Firpo

Midfielders

Arthur
Fdj
Bob
Alena
Puig
Coutinho

Attackers

Griezmann
Messi
Dembele
Fati

If it doesnt work out for a year with this squad under an elite coach , then go on the market next year and buy players with a proper sporting project. And before people are going to say " But thats throwing a year away" , All I have to say to that is that this Team has been getting fucked in the CL longdick style for 7 years (besides that treble year ) and there is a good chance that this team is going to get a proper fucking again this year. What's one more year ?

Last edited:

jairzinho

I won't be surprised if we drop points at home to Villarreal and away to Getafe. I think that could be the end of him. After that it's Sevilla at home, Eibar away and then Madrid in the Camp nou. By the time the Clasico comes around, we would probably not even be in the top five.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I won't be surprised if we drop points at home to Villarreal and away to Getafe. I think that could be the end of him. After that it's Sevilla at home, Eibar away and then Madrid in the Camp nou. By the time the Clasico comes around, we would probably not even be in the top five.

I think it's over if he drop points vs Villarreal if Atletico and Real Madrid win their next couple of games. But you never know with these guys.

Devils

Plus we are in position to crash out of the CL lmao.

As it stands, Dortmund and Inter are superior teams to us.

Both Conte and Favre >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Terrorist

Devils

[MENTION=23863]Tackle[/MENTION]
[MENTION=16313]The Observer[/MENTION]
[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION]
[MENTION=21709]Havesaks[/MENTION]

Where y'all at?

B-but muh league master! :lol:

Add that Sunyol clown or whatever his name is to that list too.

Dude was out here preaching that Valverde was going to prove us all wrong and win the treble this year.

[tw]1175524356912537600[/tw]

jamrock

People are like the team needs a serious sorting out in the summer, we hear that every day & every summer we buy to improve the team.

If the team still needs to a massive overall at this point, it simply means the board is horrible (we know this) and the coach can't use the players he has to the best of there ability.

Because when I look at the players we have available, I don't see many clubs with better players, we need maybe 2 players to replace pique and 1 to add to midfield to FDJ can play DM next season.

We have enough players upfront where if they are used properly if the team actual moves off the ball, they can score more than enough goals to have us win things.

The team needs some tweaks nothing more, the only thing major that needs to happen is for the board & coach to all go at once.

DonAK

People mentioning Mourinho as if Mourinho isn't the guy who loves playing 30+ players and players he trusts over younger talents.

Like, have you guys even followed Mourinho's career? His first name in midfield would probably be Rakitic as he praised him a lot just a few months ago.

He'd definitely start Suarez since Suarez like Mourinho show a lot of the same character traits. Two guys devoid of any self-reflection that go all in and are passionate, and like to throw other guys under the bus or complain a lot.

Havesaks

Why would Mourinho not be accepted? Only Messi, Busquets and Piqué remain of the old lot who remember the heated 2010-2013 era. Roberto too although he played a minimal role. Never heard anything but praise of Mourinho's managerial abilities from the old lot. Even from puritans like Xavi although the latter openly disagrees with Mourinho's preferred playing style.

So the idea of the club de amigos clan somehow vetoing Mourinho but being fine with Malmierda is baffling. The sole reason why they could be against Mourinho, has more to do with him not accepting the current pathetic status quo at the club and being a threat to them. Similar to how the same lot saved Malmierda from the axe earlier this year. Had Messi publicly stated his displeasure with Malmierda, the latter would have already packed his bags and left.

The 'missing out on the Champions league' "argument" that you keep mentioning, is not going to happen as I already wrote. No point mentioning it again.

My first post in this thread, pre-Roma catastrophe, was about Malmierda not being the entire problem but a big part of it, which is not any different today. It has just become even clearer that Malmierda is a big part of the problem and not good enough to lead Barça.

A manager should not solely be judged by his results but likewise the legacy that he will leave to his successor and in a club like Barça, the playing style, although the entire club is rotten nowadays and not much of our old ethos is left as I already wrote about earlier.

All this aside, Malmierda is damaged goods and the cancerous board needs to act by firing him and parting ways with some of the club de amigos clan members in January already.

Use RM's firing of Benítez back in January 2015, as an inspiration. We won't find our own Zidane but less could do. Remember that by 2021, the current board is likely going to get the boot and so will most of the old guard. However serious rebuilding of the squad should already occur next summer before that happens. In particular if we, as I believe, won't win either the league nor the CL.

You just named all four captains - Iniesta i think was the most vocal about mourinho, but didn't Sergio and Pique also talk real negative about him? Mourinho was the sole reasln for Messi being slaugthered by ramos, pepe and co. in his prime years, dont forget chelsea 06/07. Shoving his finger in titos eye, disrespecting whole camp nou and Barca with his idiotic (but some what funny) celebrstion when inter by referere decions went to chl finale, similar celebrstions when he mangaged Madrid, creating a toxic enviroment in the spanish nationalteam etc etc most of his pitiful behaviour was due to not being selected Barca coach, which ovious was the right choice going for pep in hindsight.

While I personally enjoyed the drama, and I think it Actually benefitted la liga a lot and even Barca in a marketing sense and teamspirit sense it doesn't change the fact that the club can't hire this Guy for ovious reasons. And I don't think it would sit well with a looooot of fans, members, club personale etc.

It could end catastrophic. Just imaigne camp nou turning against this Guy from Day 1.

Havesaks

As for the rest of your post. Just firing Valverde wouldnt do any good at this point or even after last season. First there Actually needs to be a better option available and also the right players need to be bought. I like DonaAks idea about making next summer as a real make-over, and in that case, it would make sense to get a younger, fresher manager - but now? No.

Leo_Messi

People mentioning Mourinho as if Mourinho isn't the guy who loves playing 30+ players and players he trusts over younger talents.

Like, have you guys even followed Mourinho's career? His first name in midfield would probably be Rakitic as he praised him a lot just a few months ago.

He'd definitely start Suarez since Suarez like Mourinho show a lot of the same character traits. Two guys devoid of any self-reflection that go all in and are passionate, and like to throw other guys under the bus or complain a lot.

Nobody here is mentioning Mourinho as a serious long-term solution (LOL) but merely as a superior manager to Malmierda who might or might not be able to lit a fire under the entitled and mostly finished club de amigos clan members, if he gets appointed as a caretaker manager until the end of the season, in an alternative universe. In case Malmierda gets fired to begin with. Me mentioning Mourinho is a a way of showing how fucked up our current situation is that a semi-retired Mourinho, long past his prime, would likely be a much better solution than Malmierda.

You just named all four captains - Iniesta i think was the most vocal about mourinho, but didn't Sergio and Pique also talk real negative about him? Mourinho was the sole reasln for Messi being slaugthered by ramos, pepe and co. in his prime years, dont forget chelsea 06/07. Shoving his finger in titos eye, disrespecting whole camp nou and Barca with his idiotic (but some what funny) celebrstion when inter by referere decions went to chl finale, similar celebrstions when he mangaged Madrid, creating a toxic enviroment in the spanish nationalteam etc etc most of his pitiful behaviour was due to not being selected Barca coach, which ovious was the right choice going for pep in hindsight.

While I personally enjoyed the drama, and I think it Actually benefitted la liga a lot and even Barca in a marketing sense and teamspirit sense it doesn't change the fact that the club can't hire this Guy for ovious reasons. And I don't think it would sit well with a looooot of fans, members, club personale etc.

It could end catastrophic. Just imaigne camp nou turning against this Guy from Day 1.

You are writing about well-known banalities to a person that has followed the club almost since my birth (1990's) and who was a regular on Camp Nou during the Gaspart era as a small kid and later eras as well.

Not sure if you are reading my posts or not. The point is that if Mourinho was announced as a manager, in an alternative universe, the reaction would not be as hostile as you believe. Not given the sad state of our fanbase and club and lack of direction.

Anyway that aside, give me Mourinho until the end of the current season. At least there will be entertainment and I don't see this lot winning anything this season, other than maybe the league if Atlético and RM keep choking as well, so nothing to lose really.

Last edited:

DonAK

Nobody here is mentioning Mourinho as a serious long-term solution (LOL) but merely as a superior manager to Malmierda who might or might not be able to lit a fire under the entitled and mostly finished club de amigos clan members, if he gets appointed as a caretaker manager until the end of the season, in an alternative universe. In case Malmierda gets fired to begin with. Me mentioning Mourinho is a a way of showing how fucked up our current situation is that a semi-retired Mourinho, long past his prime, would likely be a much better solution than Malmierda.

Maybe, but if we're going for an interim manager I'll rather go with someone like Setien, even if I'm not a big fan of him.

Sailor Mars

Ernestine has to be fired and another manager has to be brought in to be if something can be salvaged.

But I do think that some of the players have to leave as well. They are too entitled and believe by just keeping possession and passing the ball around they can win games.

The players do not make runs or provide movement to expand the pitch. In total football, the keeper is considered the first attacker in the buildup. Conversely, the front line should be the first line of defence. But we see Messi and Suarez walk around and expect others to the defensive work for them. A sick twist of Cruyff's philosophy.

Also, it would not surprise me if the players tuned out Luis Enrique because he made the work too hard in training. It must be embarassing for some of the players knowing that their manager has better fitness than them.

Last edited:

jairzinho

When he's not twiddling his thumbs, he's squatting. When he's not squatting he stands with his hands in his pockets looking absolutely clueless.

Maybe, but if we're going for an interim manager I'll rather go with someone like Setien, even if I'm not a big fan of him.

Setien in the interim would be an immediate improvement over Valverde.

Home of Barca Fans