Lionel Messi - v7

KingLeo10

Still can’t believe Messi managed to win a Balon D’or under Valverde. GOAT manager if you think about it.

Messi's managed to win a Ballon under Pep (one of the best all time), Lucho (average-good), and EV (shit tier)

CR7's managed to win a Ballon under SAF (one of the best all time), Carlo (one of the best all time), and ZZ (average - good)

Lmao. Not to mention 6 > 5.

serghei

Messi better understand that the relaxation time is over. Now it's time to work and get back to being a force in CL, not the joke we'be been in the last 3 years. We as a team need to bounce back, with the help of a hopefully better manager than Valverde.

Us becoming a joke in the most prestigious competition is simply unacceptable. 0-4 PSG, 0-3 Juve, 0-3 Roma, 0-4 Liverpool. Un-fucking-acceptable.

I'm sure the veterans liked Valverde. Calm manager who doesn't stress them too much at this point in their career. If that is what they want in a manager, someone to drift along and not cause too much fuss, they might as well retire.

I remember Spaletti's words. 'If we prepared like that for a match, like they do [Ernie's Barca], we'd lose 8-0'. We lost 0-7 away vs Roma and Liverpool playing some of the most lifeless shit football I've seen us play. In the CL you do how you prepare. You prepare like shit, you are shit.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Messi better understand that the relaxation time is over. Now it's time to work and get back to being a force in CL, not the joke we'be been in the last 3 years. We as a team need to bounce back, with the help of a hopefully better manager than Valverde.

Us becoming a joke in the most prestigious competition is simply unacceptable. 0-4 PSG, 0-3 Juve, 0-3 Roma, 0-4 Liverpool. Un-fucking-acceptable.

I'm sure the veterans liked Valverde. Calm manager who doesn't stress them too much at this point in their career. If that is what they want in a manager, someone to drift along and not cause too much fuss, they might as well retire.

I remember Spaletti's words. 'If we prepared like that for a match, like they do [Ernie's Barca], we'd lose 8-0'. We lost 0-7 away vs Roma and Liverpool playing some of the most lifeless shit football I've seen us play. In the CL you do how you prepare. You prepare like shit, you are shit.

tbh Messi as a player is not to blame for the last year's disaster at all. He created chances for others, but they shat the bed. He collapsed as a captain of course, but that's a different story.

serghei

tbh Messi as a player is not to blame for the last year's disaster at all. He created chances for others, but they shat the bed. He collapsed as a captain of course, but that's a different story.

I rewatched the Liverpool game a few weeks ago (painful experience), and overall, I tend to agree he played well enough on Anfield. I was a bit unfair with him. And you can't ask him to be a warrior leader if his personality is different.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

I rewatched the Liverpool game a few weeks ago (painful experience), and overall, I tend to agree he played well enough on Anfield. I was a bit unfair with him. And you can't ask him to be a warrior leader if his personality is different.

Iniesta and Suarez also fluffed golden through balls from Messi in Turin in 2017.

For me, Messi was disastrous v PSG and Roma. Above average - good v Pool and Juve.

He still needs to find that extra gear for these CL away games though, and start playing closer to the goal if others are fucking up chance after chance. The problem is, he moves farther away from the goal in away games. It's strange decision making.

CR7 has more weapons to his arsenal (obviously) but Messi for me is still the best goal scorer/finisher on the planet. It physically pains me when he drops to deep midfield-collects balls from the defense.

Ritchie

Barca have been unwatchable under that fraud since day one. Messi brilliance has carried him but only so far (Roma/Liverpool).

Hopefully watching Barca won't be such a chore anymore.

serghei

If Messi really is on board with Setien and is motivated, Setien's job gets easier instantly. There's something about having Messi in form that just makes things easier in attack. He and Setien need to work just a bit more on movement and position. He's got a manager who understands well this aspect of football. I think after Pep he is the best positional manager we've had in terms of tactics.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

If Messi really is on board with Setien and is motivated, Setien's job gets easier instantly. There's something about having Messi in form that just makes things easier in attack.

He probably is breathing a little lighter knowing someone other than him or Suarez will coach attacking patterns at team meetings.

serghei

He probably is breathing a little lighter knowing someone other than him or Suarez will coach attacking patterns at team meetings.

Yes. Actually, there is a small difference between km ran under Pep, and km ran now. He runs reasonably close as he ran at his peak, but he is a lot more chaotic and unstructured in his game, and this is the main fault of the manager.

Messi used to have a smaller area of action, while being more active inside that area. Under Valverde he went everywhere, big distances, at slow pace and intensity.

What is needed now is a more active Messi, but at the same time a more spatially contained Messi. Trust the team and the system to find him in his area of action, while investing his energy into shorter and more often runs off the ball. You don't make Messi go everywhere in order to make something happen. You develop a system that can find Messi in more dangerous positions and ask Messi to help the midfielders perform their role, not go in their zone, and try to replace their role.

Home of Barca Fans