Lionel Messi - v7

Morten

I just checked that he is still on for the pichichi. Feels strange since he "only" has 22 goals. Benzema is at 2nd place with 17 goals.

Benzema, i might add, have played almost every minute, his goal per minute is actually not that good, despite having this totally amazing season where he is carrying RM on his back.

Havesaks

So I havent been watching matches after covid-19 pause and just caught the highlights. (this Barca bums me out big time minus the talents). How does Messi play? Mostly curious about his playmaking. Based on what I read and his assists, he is continuing his development to a 10 / playmaker?

Any thoughts on how long he can stay here? I'm at point where I could see him leave in 2021, go to Argentina, Italian club, Psg or even City and end it his career after the world Cup in 2022, just as well as he could stay here to 2022 or even til 2023-2025.

His future is a big uncertainty at this point. I can't shake the feeling that Messi has gotten to a point where he doesn't really care that much in the end of the day. A last adventure, cut his career short when it's 2022 or pushing every single drop of milk out the cow and retire when he is 36-37 and a full-fledged playmaker here.

The only thing that's certain is he will go to WC 2022. I'm actually quiet excited.

As he now has passed the 700 career goals mark, here is also the records I still want him see to break:
Most La Liga titles: 10, (record: 12)
Most Club Appearances: 725, (record: 767)
Most chl goals: 114 (128)
Most chl appearances: 141 (177)
Argentina most caps: 143 (147)
Most goals for one club: 627 (643)
Most chl trophies: 4 (6) - crazy he only has 4, I really don't know how we could screw up so bad with a 15+ years period of Messi.

Did I forget one?

vegitot

He still plays at higher level than anyone in the world. His playmaking is incredible though his finishing is quite off. Most time it just little wide.

raskolnikov

So I havent been watching matches after covid-19 pause and just caught the highlights. (this Barca bums me out big time minus the talents). How does Messi play? Mostly curious about his playmaking. Based on what I read and his assists, he is continuing his development to a 10 / playmaker?

Any thoughts on how long he can stay here? I'm at point where I could see him leave in 2021, go to Argentina, Italian club, Psg or even City and end it his career after the world Cup in 2022, just as well as he could stay here to 2022 or even til 2023-2025.

His future is a big uncertainty at this point. I can't shake the feeling that Messi has gotten to a point where he doesn't really care that much in the end of the day. A last adventure, cut his career short when it's 2022 or pushing every single drop of milk out the cow and retire when he is 36-37 and a full-fledged playmaker here.

The only thing that's certain is he will go to WC 2022. I'm actually quiet excited.

As he now has passed the 700 career goals mark, here is also the records I still want him see to break:
Most La Liga titles: 10, (record: 12)
Most Club Appearances: 725, (record: 767)
Most chl goals: 114 (128)
Most chl appearances: 141 (177)
Argentina most caps: 143 (147)
Most goals for one club: 627 (643)
Most chl trophies: 4 (6) - crazy he only has 4, I really don't know how we could screw up so bad with a 15+ years period of Messi.

Did I forget one?
Most goals ever, 805+ But I think Ronaldo will get that one.
He is the sort of guy that knows about this record and values it. cant see him retiring before Messi.

Morten

Most goals ever, 805+ But I think Ronaldo will get that one.
He is the sort of guy that knows about this record and values it. cant see him retiring before Messi.

No disrespect to the guy, clearly he was good, but didnt Bican essentially play against farmers his entire career?

At least most others on that list played against top opponents at the time.

Mitchell1978

No disrespect to the guy, clearly he was good, but didnt Bican essentially play against farmers his entire career?

At least most others on that list played against top opponents at the time.

yes, Austrian and Czech leagues in 30s and 40s, also some of his goals wore scored in 2e division, i wouldn't count them, so he has something like 730 goals rather

and on the other hand Pele scored most of his goals playing for Santos in a regional league

Home of Barca Fans