Lionel Messi - v7

MagIX

No one would want to stand up to be the first to sub Messi, since they'll receive hates from so many directions (the Truth is Messi is more of a god figure to many barca/messi fans - You'll notice that all the coaches apart from Guardiola have been blamed for not knowing how to fit Messi, and it's funny how one sided the blame game has been before). Messi tends to always play how he wants and it has really worked for a long time until age caught up with him and we now see it affecting the team chemistry sometimes. The challenge now should be that no one has the balls or power to talk or bench him if needed for the team (probably because of his status).

Yes, the age caught up with him and he said, if I remember well, in the interview that the team needed to be rejuvenated...

As i remember Messi recognized this and wanted to leave the club.

For me, despite being a Messi fan (and despite not liking the word fan=fanatic), I do not pretend that he plays every game in every competition.
He's getting old, he's not the same but that's normal, we all knew that this would happen sooner or later. No problem.
I hope that he will be bench (not as exception), even in big matches, because we have to look ahead, thinking to use him in every match it's really beyond any understanding of soccer. It's not good for the team and even for Messi.
But If we are able to use him cleverly, he can still give us a lot.

Messigician

🗣 ? Bartomeu: "The club has won the most trophies under my presidency. Last season was the only trophyless season with me as president."

🗣 ? Bartomeu: "There is no reason for me to resign. It's not an appropriate time to hand in my resignation. No one will be able to make the decisions if I decide to resign."

Have you considered resigning?

🗣 ? Bartomeu: "No, not on a single occasion."

Rip Messi's contract renewal dawgs

jairzinho

His decline is one thing, his current positioning is another. This strikerless formation with Messi wandering all over the place is an absolute Mess.

Vilarrubi

His decline is one thing, his current positioning is another. This strikerless formation with Messi wandering all over the place is an absolute Mess.

Agree. I’m sure Koeman won’t have told him to drop so deep all the time, seems most of the time he’s doing it out of stubbornness strolling around in deep positions and passing it back in that lackadaisical way like he doesn’t care.

serghei

hopefully not

thats my fear with a new board, they'll pamper to Messi and give him a big contract.

Then they'll give him a great gift next to that fat contract. The greatest collection of European humiliations for any Barca captain in the modern era.

malvolio

I hope that he will be bench (not as exception), even in big matches, because we have to look ahead, thinking to use him in every match it's really beyond any understanding of soccer. It's not good for the team and even for Messi.
But If we are able to use him cleverly, he can still give us a lot.

What's the point of having him here if you want to bench him jn big matches. Ronaldo and Ibrahimovic don't get benched in big matches and they are both older and not better players than Messi.

BBZ8800

What's the point of having him here if you want to bench him jn big matches. Ronaldo and Ibrahimovic don't get benched in big matches and they are both older and not better players than Messi.

Current Zlatan is way better than the current Messi.

serghei

The problem is Zlatan and Ronaldo understand their role and they are listening to the manager. You don't see them doing whatever they want. Messi is way more problematic in terms of positioning. He just will do what he wants on the pitch and nobody can change that except by cutting him from the team in one way or another.

Messi wouldn't be a problem if he would respect his role. But he doesn't. Stay 80% of the time in the last third of the pitch and look for spaces there. But, no. If he gets bored because he doesn't touch the ball for a few mins, he'll fuck our shape up, and he'll drop near Busi to touch the ball. Like in high school games where the best player in the schoolyard takes the ball from anyone and everyone gives him the ball because he's the best.

He's already starting to give looks to Fati for not passing him the ball and taking shots. He still doesn't understand that the team should not revolve around him anymore. He doesn't settle to a role and works hard in that position, like Ronaldo and Ibrahimovic, who know they are forwards and work hard to stay fit and score goals even at their age because they are super-fit professional athletes. He moves everywhere, asks the ball from everybody, walks around however he feels like. And then everybody must give him the ball because he is Messi. He is, in many ways, a delusional child who doesn't do anything to adapt to his new condition and this is why his form is falling off a cliff.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans