Lionel Messi - v7

SmilerBam

You wont find a striker who will play perfect Tiki Taka, these times are over. 2014 people said Neymar and Suarez wont suit Barca, people said' they dont have the Barca DNA' - few monts later they and Messi have become the/one of the best trio in Barca history. We need to develop and at the moment Haaland will make us much much better. I dont want to wait another 10 or 15 years to find a player with 'Barca DNA' and get humilations year for year.

Who said Neymar didn't suit us?Those who said that they are dumb.MSN?Let's see.Neymar is Ronaldinho with a bit less flair,less direct,but a better goalscorer.Suarez it's a perfect Barca number 9,agressive,unpredictable,explosive(in his prime),just like Eto'o.And Messi is Messi.We really didn't had big target players being succesful at Barcelona.Ibra is a better player than Haaland(comparing his prime with Haaland until now) and he still failed.We lost a CL because of the swap Eto'o-Ibra.

serghei

Ibrahimovic was clearly not a fit for that team.Can you deny that?Guardiola did a big mistake....he wanted another game plan and to get rid of Etoo's big ego,only to find that game plan was not worth it and Ibra to have an even bigger ego.Do you think for example Haaland is better than Ibra?I doubt it.

Ibrahimovic was not a fit because he didn't want to be a fit. Football-wise, he could've worked no doubt, and offer us even more weapons in some areas. His transfer was a mistake because he was already known for being a big ego, and Guardiola for some reason thought he will change that and make him an obedient team player :lol:.

snowy

lol I almost feel sorry for pep there. I can see what he was thinking and in fairness, how could he have known Ibra was well Ibra xD

Football wise, it could've been magic and a creative mind like Pep would've found multiple ways to make it work and give us even more dimensions. Issue with Big Z was always the Clash of personalities.

Haaland - Ibra type is exactly what the nurse ordered for bouts like the CL elims when everything went booboo

SmilerBam

Ibrahimovic was not a fit because he didn't want to be a fit. Football-wise, he could've worked no doubt, and offer us even more weapons in some areas. His transfer was a mistake because he was already known for being a big ego, and Guardiola for some reason thought he will change that and make him an obedient team player :lol:.

Still, i think that decision costed a Champions League trophy,and we would have had three CL in row before Madrid obtained it,in much better style too.But anyway,what was done was done.I still think that players like Ibra or Haaland are not suited for this club.Not that they are not good,i like them both,especially Ibra,who is an incredible player.Even if you like it or not,Barca has an ingrained philosophy,Cruyff one's.Before he came,we had 0(ZERO) UCL's.Now we have 5.And we dominated Spanish League for decades...and we fight Real Madrid.The biggest football club in history.This club has done very well in the last three decades.And Cruyff it's the pioneer of that success.

Last edited:

SmilerBam

lol I almost feel sorry for pep there. I can see what he was thinking and in fairness, how could he have known Ibra was well Ibra xD

Football wise, it could've been magic and a creative mind like Pep would've found multiple ways to make it work and give us even more dimensions. Issue with Big Z was always the Clash of personalities.

Haaland - Ibra type is exactly what the nurse ordered for bouts like the CL elims when everything went booboo

Ibra has no CL trophy...coincidence?He never delivered on the biggest stages in UCL.

Gnidrologist

Think Ibra also didn't gel well with Messi. Now we wont have Messi and hardly anyone of his stature/style to come along. As a main point man i don't see why Haaland wouldn't work.

SmilerBam

Think Ibra also didn't gel well with Messi. Now we wont have Messi and hardly anyone of his stature/style to come along. As a main point man i don't see why Haaland wouldn't work.

I think Haaland will end in Premier League.Don't know where.He just screams to me ''Premier League striker".

Birdy

Ibra was a failed transfer and Pep should be blamed for that.
His movement was not what we needed, and despite his technique he could not fully integrate himself in our game plan. Let alone the other non-pitch issues.

Had Eto'o stayed, we would have won UCL in 2010, and we would have been the first club in modern era to to a 3-peat. I am convinced about that.
Mourinho would not be having Eto'o weapon at his disposal, Milito, Motta would not have been bought, and that Inter would look very different.
On the other side, with Eto'o still here Pep would have played Messi in the 'false 9' position the entire season, like he did in 10/11 and with Eto'o and Pedro (who broke out that season) as wing forwards we would have been rampant.

All charismatic people have their flaws. Pep's big flaw at least then had to do with his assessment of potential transfer targets.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Ibra was a failed transfer and Pep should be blamed for that.
His movement was not what we needed, and despite his technique he could not fully integrate himself in our game plan. Let alone the other non-pitch issues.

Had Eto'o stayed, we would have won UCL in 2010, and we would have been the first club in modern era to to a 3-peat. I am convinced about that.
Mourinho would not be having Eto'o weapon at his disposal, Milito, Motta would not have been bought, and that Inter would look very different.
On the other side, with Eto'o still here Pep would have played Messi in the 'false 9' position the entire season, like he did in 10/11 and with Eto'o and Pedro (who broke out that season) as wing forwards we would have been rampant.

All charismatic people have their flaws. Pep's big flaw at least then had to do with his assessment of potential transfer targets.

Pep has plenty of flaws, one of them as you mentioned is identifying the right type of players for his own system; he's also cost his teams numerous times in the CL for various reasons.
I personally think he's a great coach but extremely overrated.

khaled_a_d

Oh, look, another purist with a Barca DNA complex. 9 years after Pep, you lot are still joining the forum.

Amazing that this was bbz argument that the forum de amigos hated.
Now they are using it, talking about everything he was advocating.
At least he was consistent

Gnidrologist

BBZ was constantly making strawmen aka he lied about what other people say to come out as a winner. Most people, who want Puig to play, would gladly take Haaland. Stop basing your views on hiperbolas and deceit.

Home of Barca Fans