Lionel Messi - v7

FinBarcelonafan

Messi presses insane at the wrong moments at times imo.
Just do it in el classics, cl ko’s and maybe a few more depending on its importance. Thats 10 games out of 50+ a year and the other 40. 80% he can do his walking with bursts of energy thing.
Nobody would complain.

True. That would be enough.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Since I wasnt fan before 09, can someone tell me the worst captain since Messi? Because I rate all iniesta, xavi, Puyol a level or two above him. When did we last have captain as bad as Messi? (no hate)
The one before him, Iniesta. He was even worse than Leo. No leader traits at all.

Havesaks

I rate Iniesta above Messi, not so much due to a strong personality, but he was always playing more for the team, while Messi often favors Suarez due to their friendship or isnt a typical team player who treats his teammates as equals. Iniesta was to insecure and depprsive to be a captain, but his personality also did harmonize the team as a whole unity.

Batistuta9

Well he didn't do it vs Roma nor Liverpool iirc. Or Juve. Some times he does ok pressing, but it's really not "amazing" by no means. And it's not consistently in big games.

Or vs ATM in cl

Messi pressing in those games wouldn't have affected the results. He didn't press much when we won in 2011 and 2015. The performance of the team was too poor

Last edited:

Batistuta9

I rate Iniesta above Messi, not so much due to a strong personality, but he was always playing more for the team, while Messi often favors Suarez due to their friendship or isnt a typical team player who treats his teammates as equals. Iniesta was to insecure and depprsive to be a captain, but his personality also did harmonize the team as a whole unity.

Do you rate iniesta over messi as a player or a captain? As a player it is quite clear messi is better and has been more integral to our success. I do rate iniesta as the next best after messi, although you can argue for cr7 due to his numbers. As a captain, its difficult to tell as both weren't or haven't been captain too long for us

Last edited:

vegitot

Do you rate iniesta over messi as a player or a captain? As a player it is quite clear messi is better and has been more integral to our success. I do rate iniesta as the next best after messi, although you can argue for cr7 due to his numbers. As a captain, its difficult to tell as both weren't or haven't been captain too long for us

i agree with that. 100%

JohnN

and they are both right! there's a factor called "time" you should look up. as in those claims weren't AT THE SAME TIME

You cut the post in half and missed the point.
Time context is clearly referenced, if one understands English good enough.

To simplify the point, the bottomline is this: people will always find something to complain about, even when dealing with the best player in history. That is entitlement, pure and simple.

JohnN

[tw]1196515145662500866[/tw]

I don't get how some people in here get away with calling Messi slow and a grandpa. Granted he doesn't have his 2007 unreal acceleration and top speed but calling him slow is really far fetched.

Horatio

You're welcome
^
That’s what I keep saying. Remember last season how he outran this 17 year old defender fresh-legged coming on around the 70th minute?

sickstar

That run is freaking insane.. and powerful.
How can you get back on your feet as if its nothing?? Sometime you get a feeling that this guy's on drugs.

Home of Barca Fans