Lionel Messi - v7

Blackened

Psg will never win a CL. A team of mercenaries wont win you a damned thing. You need hard work, you need integrity, you need identity. PSG has none of those.

JohnN

If we had a better economic situation, a team that would be top class and Messi would take a pay cut and a reduced role, it would be better he stayed until retirement. But things have gone to shit in all fronts.
We are in a rebuilding phase and don't have the financials to support star players. Even more so in the twilight of their careers.
A sad way for this story to end, without fans on top of everything, but we have to move forward next season.

malvolio

Psg will never win a CL. A team of mercenaries wont win you a damned thing. You need hard work, you need integrity, you need identity. PSG has none of those.

same thing was said about chelsea when they started. although what i think it's crucial for any successful team is to have a core of home grown(or academy) players. at least 2-3 key players should be from that country. like chelsea had terry, lampard, ashley cole. weird to see psg play all those strangers when france is full of talent and they are the current world champs.

psg will win it eventually, if they keep investing. their academy and talent pool(best in the world) i think will also play a role.

Barcilliant

They will sell Mbappe and get Messi for free.
Writing is on the wall. It's a strange way to a glorious career here but you can't always have the fairy tale ending.
PSG are the right club for him. His buddy is there and Psg will be happy to indulge Messi.
We on the other hand have to keep moving.

Raketa10

He won't go to PSG, I can't see any challenge for him there. He is not a guy who will be satisfied with wining Ligue 1 and PSG doesn't have a squad to properly challenge the CL. IMHO he will either go to City or stay at Barca. Wining EPL is far more demanding and challenging than wining farmers league in France. PSG can win Ligue 1 with or without him.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

He won't go to PSG, I can't see any challenge for him there. He is not a guy who will be satisfied with wining Ligue 1 and PSG doesn't have a squad to properly challenge the CL. IMHO he will either go to City or stay at Barca. Wining EPL is far more demanding and challenging than wining farmers league in France. PSG can do that with or without him.

If he leaves doesnt seem to want the challenge of getting Barca back too the top either so it may not be about what is the biggest challenge for him.

PSG could appeal in that he clearly loves playing with amigos.. Di Maria and Neymar there and even Pardes from national team he seems to get on with. Less demanding week in week out than EPL and will have eye on WC at end of season which plays into that.

He and Neymar will still believe they could take a team to CL as well so there is that challenge included without the week in week out slog to get there.

I think he will stay and Barca will massively overpay him to do it but can see reasons why PSG may appeal.

eaman

I hope he saw the psg game or extended highlights against united and not just the result so he would see how average they are.

BarcaOG

Banned
They will sell Mbappe and get Messi for free.
Writing is on the wall. It's a strange way to a glorious career here but you can't always have the fairy tale ending.
PSG are the right club for him. His buddy is there and Psg will be happy to indulge Messi.
We on the other hand have to keep moving.

sadly, i think you are correct!

Vilarrubi

He’s never scored in Cadiz stadium. Only played them once in 2005/06 season. Let’s hope he can score against them.

Last edited:

Gnidrologist

Tusquets will sell him in Jan, as he should!
It would be best solution for club. This is no disrespect for Messi, actually forcing him stay was. Club gains money in dire financial situation and also removes a hindrance for its inevitable renewal. The more i watch matches or halves of games without Messi, the more it occurs obvious. He still has great ability, when he wants, but he rarely wants and tactically, he's disaster. It's similar to Ronaldinho situation. He was still good and not that old (he was p. good for AC Milan), but it was obvious that shit has changed and there's no turning back. Adios, Amigo El Grande! Thanks for all the fish.

Home of Barca Fans