Lionel Messi - v7

Fati_Future_BallonDor

tbh, those are just young players, no one has achieved the level of success that make you sure they can lead this team. You know, that Messi/Neymar/Mpabbe level of young player that you just know you are in safe hands with them playing.
Also, depends what type of draught are we expecting? domestic or European one?
That said, with another competent board I can see us retooling the way Bayern did. a year or two ago Bayern looked as bad until Flick took over.

He said we could need 15 years. How on earth can a team need so many to recover while having such great talents. Of course they need to prove himself but the future looks good.

Morten

The only bright side, is that situation with players controlling the club far more than it's normal can't happen unless said players achieved legendary status. And they can only achieve legendary status, after legendary achievements.

So, we'll get to this point in the future only if we make the same mistakes and only after a period of utter domination and titles in abundance.

After Guardiola left, we should have immediately named a high profile manager. I think that was our worst mistake. There was a void of command and stature on the bench, and some players manipulated that.

High-profile manager isnt an automatic fix, just ask United(Van Gaal and Mourinho).

khaled_a_d

Or Guardiola left (and other top profile managers would hesitate to come in) because the players were getting increasingly harder to manage. Messi was already a 4 time Ballon d'Or winner by the end of Pep's reign. Pep probably saw the writing on the wall.

Don't think it was the players being harder to coach, but more the upside of the job.
Pep himself was not going to replicate much success, and he left at the perfect time for his own legacy. I think he himself thing someone like Crujiff would have been beter off if he has left a year or two earlier.
Fans were obsessed with Pep ball, no one was accepting anything less.
Then there is Messi, who will take all credit, at the end it was a lose lose situation for good coaches coming after Pep.
Look at Lucho, achieved a perfect season, yet many thinks he is mediocre coach. Only big offer he got was Chelsea and even those wanted him as cheap yes man coach.
Why would the likes of Klopp,Allegri, Conte etc accept such job?

Morten

I'm not surprised. There's still United and Juve 'fans' who put CR7 above their club. United fans who cartwheel for him 10+ years after he ditched them to give his prime to RM are pretty much cucks tbh.

In fact, on Juve forums, the routine is that the club doesn't deserve CR7.

Messi and CR7 fanboy circles are an absolute travesty to football. And has robbed many other great players of recognition too.

I dont understand, he hasn`t been a United-player since forever, also, when he goes to watch matches, its usually at the Bernabeu, not Old Trafford, which says something.
Ronaldo clearly has respect for SAF, but he doesnt care that much about the club itself, yet you have all these United-supporters treating him as a bigger legend at the club than someone like Rooney, who is actually a United-legend.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I dont understand, he hasn`t been a United-player since forever, also, when he goes to watch matches, its usually at the Bernabeu, not Old Trafford, which says something.
Ronaldo clearly has respect for SAF, but he doesnt care that much about the club itself, yet you have all these United-supporters treating him as a bigger legend at the club than someone like Rooney, who is actually a United-legend.

I think they just want to boast with Ronaldo :lol:

soul24rage

I don't think Messi did the right thing in his Instagram post considering the situation. A farewell without the pot shots would have been better as a whole because like this it adds more fuel to the firestorm that is Barcelona of this summer.

While Bartomeu is a rat, an abomination of a president that ultimately created this mess with his weak leadership and idiotic dealings, what we need right now, at the start of a new cycle, is a stable environment for the future. You can't expect to grow back to where we were where everyone is out for themselves, especially when we have some talented young kids that need to be developed and mentored properly.

Long story short, I'm all for shitting on the moron that is Bartomeu but imo it would be best if left for after his presedency ends.

Also don't really agree that he should've shitted on him earlier. You don't do that as a player for fuck sake. Being pissed off by his post for all the wrong reason is dumb.

This is my stance as well.

ItachiXXX

Treat their players?

They have let the players away with too much if anything.

Suarez was signed after biting and receiving a long ban.. does he forget that?

He should have been replaced or began to be replaced a couple years ago but board were shit scared of amigos. Spare me these quotes about Suarez 'wanting' competition and a replacement when he screams at bench when they dared not to start him a couple months ago.

The players have not been treated badly and are full of their own egos more than anything.

What is this get away to much, walking ?
Suarez was bought because of how great he was back then.
Shit scared of the Amigos ? 😆 They're so scared that they bought everything that Messi doesn't need. Forum De Amigos are the most gullible Barto puppets. " The players have not been treated badly " seriously, how much Barto paying you guys here 🤔😆

Chainsaw

Killahead
Would be hilarious if Xavi and Iniesta now comes in Messi defence's as well. It makes many of the so called "Im the Barca fan first" here looks like an absolute clown. A bunch who claims the club icon who gaves his all to the club and made the brighest era in club's history suddenly cares more about his amigos than the club. How pathetic can some people get? No wonder not many players give a shit about being royal to the clubs anymore.They see these impulsive fans quickly turns against you once you do one thing they dont like, no matter how many great years you gave to their "club". Yeah, you are such a great fan of the club and any one else is the player's fan. Pathetic

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Would be hilarious if Xavi and Iniesta now comes in Messi defence's as well. It makes many of the so called "Im the Barca fan first" here looks like an absolute clown. A bunch who claims the club icon who gaves his all to the club and made the brighest era in club's history suddenly cares more about his amigos than the club. How pathetic can some people get? No wonder not many players give a shit about being royal to the clubs anymore.They see these impulsive fans quickly turns against you once you do one thing they dont like, no matter how many great years you gave to their "club". Yeah, you are such a great fan of the club and any one else is the player's fan. Pathetic

Get the fuck out of here you fucking drop kick, I'm fucking over this absurd logic that you cant criticize a player for doing something wrong because He's been amazing in the past (and still amazing), fuck right off with that shit.

Gnidrologist

He said we could need 15 years. How on earth can a team need so many to recover while having such great talents. Of course they need to prove himself but the future looks good.
Lol we don't even need to look at current prospects to dab that post stupid. In 15 years clubs have won trebles, fallen off a cliff into second division, got back up and wont titles again. With players spanning 4 different generations. Guy, who posted doesn't know what he's talking about.

Home of Barca Fans