Lionel Messi - v7

SmilerBam

I'm a woman! Are you guys on a gay cruise here, no woman allow? Not homophobic but please stop the misogyny. If you don't respect members, insult and start rumors, that deserve a report! 🙌

That's what happens when some guys see women only in their dreams.They believe women are some sort of unicorns and don't believe in their existence 😄

MagIX

You are trolling now.
Prime Messi was magic and he deserved everything to be built around him.

The current Messi scored on 2 nights from an open play in the last 20 official matches.
If he has the ball 10-20 times per match somewhere around the box, then:
= He scored on 2 matches out of 200-400 actions around the box

So, yeah, even Rakitic would have scored more with the amount of ball which Messi gets.

And remember that majority of those 20 matches were again horrible midtable or bottom table La Liga teams.

Prime Messi was one player.
The current Messi has barely anything in common with that guy except having the same physical appearance.

Obviously I was trolling.

If you mean current Messi= the last 20 matches.... ok, I could agree with what you wrote, even if I don't see his performances as negative as you do.

It's also a strange situation. He wanted to leave, but he must stay.
So it is, and now we have this "team" (for me without rhyme or reason, a team put randomly together, without following any project/vision).
Let's hope that Koeman can make something good out of it.

xxxxxx

So maybe he'll start playing now after Ratomeu is out?That would be something.

I doubt he even cares anymore. I still think he lost his motivation a while ago, regardless of Bartomeu or not.

Messi knows Barcelona is a sinking ship at the moment and it's going to take years before we're back to being a top club. He doesn't have those years.

Not sure what a new president can offer Messi, besides more money. They can't offer him big signings, Champions League trophies, a consistent and good team. They can't even offer him a top coach at this point.

I honestly feel we should sell Messi in January and get something for him. Start our rebuilding process from January. But I know we're not going to do that, because Messi is apparently bigger than the club, despite being 33 and only having 8 months left on his contract (6 months in January).

MagIX

Yeah excellent numbers from Messi. The most impressive thing for me is that if you go through the list, nearly all the players are pure strikers/goalscorers. Messi has still managed to come on top and would also most likely be top if they did something similar for assists/chances created and dribbling. To be the the best or one of the best in 3 different categories is outstanding.

Seriously...
EXACTLY !!!
He's is 3 in 1.
If you search on the web best playmaker.... you will almost always find Messi if not in the first position, in the first 3:amazed::amazed::amazed:
Honestly, I don't know if there has ever been a player in the history of soccer with these top of the top qualities combined.

Last edited:

SmilerBam

I doubt he even cares anymore. I still think he lost his motivation a while ago, regardless of Bartomeu or not.

Messi knows Barcelona is a sinking ship at the moment and it's going to take years before we're back to being a top club. He doesn't have those years.

Not sure what a new president can offer Messi, besides more money. They can't offer him big signings, Champions League trophies, a consistent and good team. They can't even offer him a top coach at this point.

I honestly feel we should sell Messi in January and get something for him. Start our rebuilding process from January. But I know we're not going to do that, because Messi is apparently bigger than the club, despite being 33 and only having 8 months left on his contract (6 months in January).

He seems to have lost indded his motivation to play for Barca.For he is the best player in our history,but if that is the case,he must go.Although if the possible destination is indeed City...are they really that good?They seem to be sinking too.

Richard.H

LMAO he is 33 years old. WTF is a new president going to promise him with our financial situation in shambles and the whole covid crisis? It'll take a long time to build a CL contending side, time which Messi dose not have. He either stays and accepts a lesser role and lesser contract or goes where his heart desires.

He is not all of a sudden going to start playing like 2015/2019 messi just because the rat left.

Pirlo : "for the first time I'll be facing Leo Messi as a coach.
I'll treat him with the great respect he deserve".

That's how men talk about men.
Once you feel you succeed in life, you're peaceful toward yourself and others.

Villarubi, you sound like a little bully but harmless😉. I've done worst in the past.

Last edited:

YodaMaster

You are emotional.
You would play Messi just because of his former self and not because what he is offering currently.

Suarez was an awesome player 5 years ago.
Should he still play for us because of sentiments and past times? No.
Busquets was a part of our best team.
Should he still play because of that? No.
Griezmann was once an awesome player, but he mostly sucks for us.
Should we play him because we paid 120M for him? No.

Why is Messi different?
Should we give him a credit for the next 5 years because he is Messi?

His current displays are not bad.
They are atrocious.

And if our RB Roberto sucks, our team can still play well inspite of a RB.
But if a key man, who gets every single ball, is ruining an action after action, then it is a huge problem.

I usually don't like when people say: "Just play any player instead of XX, it can't get any worse"
But seriously, a current Messi is ruining so much that I would like to play anyone else for a few rounds, because I doubt that we could be more unbalanced than currently.

And not to mention fielding 11 players who can run, move and pass.
Like Alba-Araujo-Pique-Dest, Frenkie-Pjanic/Busi, Ansu-Cou-Griezz-Braithwaite.

I can't see how that team could do worse than a current team.
4 players in the attack would finally combine freely and they would have several options in each action which would make us more fluid, unpredictable and dangerous.

I actually agree with BBZ on this one. Historic moment truly.

Home of Barca Fans