Lionel Messi - v7

KingLeo10

Even if we would have went through,I doubt that we would have beaten Bayern in 2012.That team was considerably worse than 09-11

Nah, it'd be a 50-50 tie. In 2012, it was a toss-up between us, RM, and Bayern as the best team in the world. Bayern weren't at their 2013 peak just yet (actually that year they performed above 100% due to the pain of 2012).

The first 3 peat should have been 09-11. Ref errors and that volcano denied us in 2010. We were clearly the superior team to Inter and beat them 2 out of the other 3 games (other being a tie) that same season in the CL. Would have easily beat 2010 Bayern in the final.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I'm confident we would have beaten Bayern. That Barca team was still better than Bayern that season.

serghei

Football doesnt work that way, if you are not winning, then either the forwards are not dangerous or clinical enough to break the defence or too little quality big chances created, usually just desperate attempts shooting at goal. It's always a battle between defence and attack, if you fail then you've failed. There's no what if, could have, would have, or should have. There are already 2 legs to ensure a fairer tie rather than just one game. Unless there's a major refereeing error, than otherwise we should just accept the result and try again.

Which is why I said 'decent finishing'. Our shooting was very bad in that tie and that's why we went out. Not because Chelsea put up a defensive masterclass.

sickstar

Were lacking beast factor right now. Suarez is the kind of guy we need at forward not inexperience ansu or inconsistent griezmann. But i know suarez was always having bad luck in away games ucl.

With only messi alone, facing napoli not eibar, we'll be very lucky to even get a goal.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Were lacking beast factor right now. Suarez is the kind of guy we need at forward not inexperience ansu or inconsistent griezmann. But i know suarez was always having bad luck in away games ucl.

With only messi alone, facing napoli not eibar, we'll be very lucky to even get a goal.

Luis Suarez has been among our worst players in the CL KO stages the last few seasons.

vegitot

That Camp Nou game v Chelsea in 2012 and the 2016 2-1 W over AM were the 2 biggest sieges I've ever seen in a football game. We battered them thoroughly and I don't know how we only managed 2 goals in each game.

Bayern v AM at Allianz in 2016 is another great siege. Bayern also only managed 2 goals.
True. We were really on the way to another UCL,complete dominated but still lost.
Hope luck will be on our side this time

sickstar

Luis Suarez has been among our worst players in the CL KO stages the last few seasons.

I know that, but other options dont convince me too.
We are stuck on relying messi again, and in a ucl match against tight opponent like napoli, it's bad news.

Andresito

Staff member
f19n7wp581j41.jpg

henias

Which is why I said 'decent finishing'. Our shooting was very bad in that tie and that's why we went out. Not because Chelsea put up a defensive masterclass.

You're missing the point. But to be fair, Chelsea's defence does pose a problem physically for them, as many said, they were like a "brick wall" then. Barca were under pressure many times and resulted in many side nettings or shots that were straight at the keeper. Cech was good as well.

UNLESS we were under no pressure or missed an open goal. Then I consider it pretty bad, otherwise I would say it's 50/50. Sometimes defence can make shots go wayward.

Unfortunately, goals will always be part of the entire game, you cannot exclude that. Football is sometimes a battle between possession and counter attacks, or a mix thereof. Even for the underdogs have to make every chance count because of how little they have of the ball(19% possession). Some teams wouldnt even have scored any with this little possession.

I think both teams played well. I'm sad that we went out but to say we deserved it is abit of an overstatement. Fairplay to both teams. Against one of the best attacking team they have to defend and counter, there was no choice. Especially with 10 men.

Home of Barca Fans