Lionel Messi - v7

Havesaks

Francesc Aguilar(who is kinda clueless most of the time) keep alluding to that he's going to opt-out of his contract this summer.

Unless there has been a major change in Messis life the last couple of months, that won't happen. Just recently he exclaimed how he will stop scoring as many goals and be more of a creator to stay competitive and be the best Version for the team and himself. That aren't the words of someone who wants to leave.

I must have watched a different game. Great 2nd half. Only one doing anything ... again. 10 shots, nearly all instigated from his own effort yet still is the subject of unfounded conspiracy theories here and unwarranted blame.

Come to Boca Leo. Let us show you how a fanbase should respect a legend.

Ritchie

I must have watched a different game. Great 2nd half. Only one doing anything ... again. 10 shots, nearly all instigated from his own effort yet still is the subject of unfounded conspiracy theories here and unwarranted blame.

Come to Boca Leo. Let us show you how a fanbase should respect a legend.

If he stays at Barca he's already won his last trophy in football.

JohnN

Finishing wasn't so off. He was out by inches so many times it's infuriating. And then Valencia score out of nowhere. Luck really wasn't on our side. But we HAVE TO take the burden of scoring from him. Because our team's luck depends solely upon one man's luck and it's very problematic.

Altomonte

Like the whole team a bad first half but was our best player in the second half. It's strange it's as if longer rest are disrupting him these days
Whenever the coach gives Messi a 'rest", it seems he is collecting "rust". What is he doing when the team travels to a mid-week match and he stays at home? He certainly does not practice his freekicks or works on his finishing? It happened before the Liverpool game and it happened again against Valencia. I think the coach should give Messi some homework whenever he travels away with his team.
It seems ridiculous to accuse Messi of not practising enough, but his recent freekicks seem to indicate that he does not work hard enough between matches.

Last edited:

Pedro

La Masia
Let's hope Leo scores vs. Leganes
[MENTION=17309]Vilarrubi[/MENTION]
[MENTION=12746]catalinutzR80[/MENTION]
[MENTION=20830]Hardy[/MENTION]
[MENTION=16735]bismp[/MENTION]
[MENTION=19457]KingLeo10[/MENTION]

Don Andrésº8

messi should put his shit together. yes he is the best ever, a joy to watch but he is fuking the team...with a real coach he would be fuked, with a klopp type of coach he would be asked about if wants to pay football or go to the beach in barcelona, he is playing like a dead man cadaver on the pitch, he wants to play givin 100% or not??? man up

Andrew M

messi should put his shit together. yes he is the best ever, a joy to watch but he is fuking the team...with a real coach he would be fuked, with a klopp type of coach he would be asked about if wants to pay football or go to the beach in barcelona, he is playing like a dead man cadaver on the pitch, he wants to play givin 100% or not??? man up

I'd like to see you say that to his face. Get a grip.

Don Andrésº8

I'd like to see you say that to his face. Get a grip.

im not the coach, if i was i would say for sure! the problem with the team these years is the lack of leadership, its ridicukous in todays game messi seems disinterested about 80min of the game, its impossible to defend only with 8 men

Kul_z

im not the coach, if i was i would say for sure! the problem with the team these years is the lack of leadership, its ridicukous in todays game messi seems disinterested about 80min of the game, its impossible to defend only with 8 men

There are 10 players. Messi's job is attack.

malvolio

People just have this fetish of forwards defending. That's not bad as a concept, but Messi is not your average player. His attacking output(assists, goals, linking the play, taking out defenders through dribbling, creating space) is that of 2-3 players combined.
So, from my point of view, he can slack a little at his age. Let the other donkeys on the field kick and run. Let the GOAT do his thing.

Laplacian

People just have this fetish of forwards defending. That's not bad as a concept, but Messi is not your average player. His attacking output(assists, goals, linking the play, taking out defenders through dribbling, creating space) is that of 2-3 players combined.
So, from my point of view, he can slack a little at his age. Let the other donkeys on the field kick and run. Let the GOAT do his thing.

It's not a "fetish", it's about maintaining a tactical shape. We're not asking for Messi to be a workhorse or the rest of the team for that matter, we're asking for a unified press that allows us to deal with the elites of Europe. Messi or Suarez do not have to be workhorses to achieve that.

I don't know why people like you are throwing out disagreements against the most ridiculous extreme fictional arguments, it's almost a non-sequitur because almost no one here criticizing Messi wants him to be a workhorse.

There are 10 players. Messi's job is attack.

It's also Salah's, mahrez's, Ronaldo's, Neymar's, Mbappe's, Werner, Aguero's...it goes on. They still pull a shift in their defense because it's vital for their team's shapes.

If you're going to excuse Messi's lack of workrate, I don't want to see you shit talking Setien/Valverde or any other coach for not bringing in the silverware you want. No matter how great Messi is or how many goals he scores, against the elite Barcelona will struggle to win because it's simply just too difficult to defend with 10 players. Goals matter, but so do tactics.

Last edited:

malvolio

It's not a "fetish", it's about maintaining a tactical shape. We're not asking for Messi to be a workhorse or the rest of the team for that matter, we're asking for a unified press that allows us to deal with the elites of Europe. Messi or Suarez do not have to be workhorses to achieve that.

I was referring only to Messi's case. I agree that all other players must press.

It's also Salah's, mahrez's, Ronaldo's, Neymar's, Mbappe's, Werner, Aguero's...it goes on.

Messi works as much if not even more than half those clowns you mentioned. Also he is twice or thrice the player(from an attacking output perspective) over those clowns. What would you want him to do more? Stand in goal?

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans