Lionel Messi - v7

Horatio

You're welcome
I think it was hands. From side angle you could barely make out ball got controlled by the arm. Still...very hard to tell and would like to know what images Cakir used to revise the moment. I mean if u can barely tell from slowed down video and still frames maybe worth to give benefit of doubt? It will set bad precedence and maybe even with VAR in future no handballs will be ruled hands.

The south american commentators on ESPN were shocked and really wondered what Cakir saw there as they werent able to tell.

Still...in this case I think might have been hands since Messi didnt bother to protest at all. Cakir is also a pretty good ref generally. Hope he wasnt compensating for the Lenglet goal. Some people say Pique and Lenglet pushed Napoli players.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
No news about his condition? Took a heavy kick first half. At least expect some ?discomfort? news.

Messi took a blow to his left foot that is now inflamed, but there are no planned medical tests and it's thought that applying ice and basic care will be enough to reduce the swelling. His involvement against Bayern Munich isn't in any doubt [marca]

Vilarrubi

Messi demonstrated today that he cares more about his team than about his personal stats. When he felt discomfort after having won the penalty he let Suarez take it.
His first half performance was exceptional, worth a hat trick performance instead of a single goal. As to the disallowed goal, it reminded me of the one he scored against Atletico Madrid in Saudi Arabia. If that goal had counted, Valverde would probably still be manager.
Today's VAR decision was - in my view - even worse than the call in Saudi Arabia. Where was the hand ball? Or was the goal disallowed because he seemed to push a defender before scoring?
Anyway, it was one of his best 30-minute stretches this season. Napoli could not contain him. Even when they fouled him and took him down he still kept moving and scored.

Yeah, was unplayable for most of that first half. Let’s hope he can do that against Bayern for full game.

Also this round of games should show that pressing is essential. Man City pressing Varane and Messi pressing Koulibaly.

FinBarcelonafan

Messi took a blow to his left foot that is now inflamed, but there are no planned medical tests and it's thought that applying ice and basic care will be enough to reduce the swelling. His involvement against Bayern Munich isn't in any doubt [marca]

Uuh. Let's hope so..

Kul_z

Rewatched that goal last night. Outrageous, out of nothing. Reason to believe we can make a game to bayern

Leong157

Apparently, he had a severe bruise on left ankle because of that kick from Koulibaly.

Why was he on the pitch full 90 though?

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Well we all know if Messi want to play no coach in the world has the power to sub him. I just want Messi at 100% against Bayern, the 7-0 in 2013 still hurts and I want to beat them again.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
from another replay it showed that it slightly hit his right hand before coming down.

To me if a handball is unnatural or moves direction of the ball then its a handball. But they clutching at straws here, had no effect on the direction on the ball at all and barely brushed it in a natural position to protect himself from defender.

Home of Barca Fans