Lionel Messi - v7

bismp

There's no fucking way he is that stupid to think that the rest of the seniors are still in their prime.Come on guys...

FinBarcelonafan

ofc Messi believes the seniors and bff Suarez are still up to the task; Leo himself still seems to believe hes 25 and he can dribble 5 players from the DM position with 0 stamina and a lack of pace, orchestrate everything, play every minute of every game and totally ignore any kind of defensive responsability.

theres nobody else in the world of football who can get away with that week in week out like Leo does and any manager with a brain won't coach Barca until hes gone sadly

Messi isn't finished by any means but he needs to pull his head out of his ass before its too late

Truth. We need other players to give him the ball in better position. Messi starting from midfield isn't helping us. We need someone else who can bring it up, then give it to Messi. Of course this would mean Messi would need to move and look for the ball, not just walk back to midfield..

Hardy

I think and I hope right now he looks worst than he really is cause he's playing in worst possible conditions for someone who already has serious stamina issue, playing every 3 days and with hot weather. his performance after covid break remind me most of his NT tournaments where he struggled for same reasons.

The problem is this "el compadre" relationship... Messi was and he is the one who can pull out the game... The problem is, others "compadres" are done... Guys like Suarez,Busi, Pique etc are done... But if you ask him...

Barcilliant

Messi still has something in the tank but he needs ten other guys who will run, press and tackle for 90 minutes. This bunch can barely do it for 45 minutes.
It will be sad if his career ends with us being a mediocre team getting kod in cl group stage but it looks like that is what will happen.

FinBarcelonafan

Messi still has something in the tank but he needs ten other guys who will run, press and tackle for 90 minutes. This bunch can barely do it for 45 minutes.
It will be sad if his career ends with us being a mediocre team getting kod in cl group stage but it looks like that is what will happen.

At least he got ballon dor last season but his last five years been just pain. Everything going to hell. I mean all the huge things, Copa, CL, World Cup.

Tackle

At least he got ballon dor last season but his last five years been just pain. Everything going to hell. I mean all the huge things, Copa, CL, World Cup.

Ballon D'or is not that valuable of a prize outside fans gossiping about it due to the Messi/CR7 rivarly. Leo is the best ever in my view, but it has nothing to do with awards voted for by journalists. Modric has a Ballon D'or while Xavi and Iniesta don't. That World Cup in 2014 would have done far more for his legacy than 10 Ballon D'ors could.

soul24rage

Ballon D'or is not that valuable of a prize outside fans gossiping about it due to the Messi/CR7 rivarly. Leo is the best ever in my view, but it has nothing to do with awards voted for by journalists. Modric has a Ballon D'or while Xavi and Iniesta don't. That World Cup in 2014 would have done far more for his legacy than 10 Ballon D'ors could.

Even Messi agrees with you as he stated multiple times that he would give all his personal awards for that WC.

serghei

Messi is the best I've seen followed closely by Ronaldo and Xavi.

I'd have

Messi
Ronaldo
Xavi
Iniesta

then Zidane, Ronaldinho and the other greats I've caught since 99-00 or thereabouts. Comparing eras is pointless.

ebc_99

Messi is playing better than any 33 year old I have ever seen, 27 goals and 22 assists are amazing numbers for anyone. Look at someone like De Bruyne with 13 goals and 20 assists playing in a similar position in a much better team, Messi is held to higher standards than everyone else but he should be judged by the same standards. The problem with this team are the other 9 outfield players, he needs young dynamic players beside him but unfortunately, that is not the case.

KingLeo10

Messi is the best I've seen followed closely by Ronaldo and Xavi.

I'd have

Messi
Ronaldo
Xavi
Iniesta

then Zidane, Ronaldinho and the other greats I've caught since 99-00 or thereabouts. Comparing eras is pointless.

This is probably the correct order for me too in the players I've actually seen day in, day out.

I'd have Henry at the tail end of this and then there's the Robben, Eto'o and co.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

One interesting observation about the modern greats. They've put up more more amazing (statistically) and more frequent amazing performances than the greats of the past but they've also mostly done this when things are in their favor.

Messi, Xavi, Iniesta had each other. All 3 had Pep.
CR7 had top coaches in SAF, Mou, Ancelotti, ZZ and has played for a strong European side basically from 06-07 to 17/18 (Last 3 at United, all 9 at Madrid except maybe 09/10).

Yes, I understand that these modern greats helped make conditions favorable for their teams but still...

I personally feel like greats of the past had more in them in adverse situations. R10 was a beast against a strong Chelsea and Milan at their stadiums for example when I felt we were the inferior team. Never saw Maradona play but seems to be the story about his 86 WC or even 90 WC.

Messigician

One interesting observation about the modern greats. They've put up more more amazing (statistically) and more frequent amazing performances than the greats of the past but they've also mostly done this when things are in their favor.

Messi, Xavi, Iniesta had each other. All 3 had Pep.
CR7 had top coaches in SAF, Mou, Ancelotti, ZZ and has played for a strong European side basically from 06-07 to 17/18 (Last 3 at United, all 9 at Madrid except maybe 09/10).

Yes, I understand that these modern greats helped make conditions favorable for their teams but still...

I personally feel like greats of the past had more in them in adverse situations. R10 was a beast against a strong Chelsea and Milan at their stadiums for example when I felt we were the inferior team. Never saw Maradona play but seems to be the story about his 86 WC or even 90 WC.

Zzzz this wouldn't be a conversation if Messi won that 2014 world cup.

I still have nightmares over that game dawg. Don't remind me

KingLeo10

Zzzz this wouldn't be a conversation if Messi won that 2014 world cup.

I still have nightmares over that game dawg. Don't remind me

That is precisely my point.

Not a coincidence that Messi and CR7 have been terrible (for their CL standards) at national level.

Home of Barca Fans