Lionel Messi - v7

KingLeo10

Lol, if Messi had said this team can win the CL, he'd been derided for promoting obvious incompetence by the board/settling for mediocrity.

Messi has flaws. I criticize him for not being judicious in his effort in away CL games and not strategizing better.

He's an okay leader to me. Nothing exceptional but thoroughly committed to all the basic ingredients of being a footballer despite his enormous success. Messi and CR7 are MAGNITUDES better than any competition in this regard.

That's about the extent of the flaws. You're kidding yourself if you think this amount of guaranteed base success (competing for LL EVERY year and winning it 75% of the time) is going to gotten with another player in a very, very, very long time.

Highlight the flaws but appreciate greatness while it is still at Camp Nou.

Kul_z

He said that as of now we are not in the shape for competing with the very best in europe, that currently we are playing bad but believes that this team in this transitional period under new manager would and should grow as the season goes towards the end.

Very realistic point of view he has, but kinda optimistic

JohnN

I have said in another thread but it's more fitting here. [MENTION=15262]serghei[/MENTION] is a really objective poster except for when it comes to Messi.
No matter what Messi does, he criticises him 200% more than the next person. It's like they have a personal vendetta.
If Messi had stated we are fit to compete for CL, Sergei would have said he is delusional and only said that to support his amigos or something like that. I kid you not. This is a real pattern and you won't change my mind after all this posts.

clemente

This is why there is a ignore list option on this forum.

Glad Messi admitted we aren't good enough to win CL, with someone like Rakitic or Suarez you can 100% tell that they are absolutely delusional and live in a bubble, but Messi isn't delusional, he sees things how it is, maybe that's why he never stopped improving at the game.

Laplacian

Hope Messi can admit his role in the team is one of the reasons this squad won't win the CL. I'm sure the thought won't haunt him as he drools over his false winger midfielder role.

Last edited:

Nazario1985

I feel Messi under Setien is more a Xavi than a Messi dropping too much low.

Messi is not the kind to say no if he thinks it will benefit the team, but until now it's hurting the team more even our if Midfielders are offensively as creative as Reiziger was !!

Nazario1985

I have said in another thread but it's more fitting here. [MENTION=15262]serghei[/MENTION] is a really objective poster except for when it comes to Messi.
No matter what Messi does, he criticises him 200% more than the next person. It's like they have a personal vendetta.
If Messi had stated we are fit to compete for CL, Sergei would have said he is delusional and only said that to support his amigos or something like that. I kid you not. This is a real pattern and you won't change my mind after all this posts.

Best way to seek attention & feel important ==> Pretending to understand football more than the GOAT

pregra

First goal was a work of art. Only player in world football capable of that.

That goal drought surely out of the window now :)

KingLeo10

[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION],

still think it was "league master" EV getting the best out of washed up Messi?

Or the more likely explanation which was that Messi was simply having bad luck on his shots?

Hold this,

:lol:
:lol::lol:

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
So close at getting a shot at 4 goals in one half if that penalty hadn’t been cancelled because of that very close offside.

Home of Barca Fans