Page 299 of 343 FirstFirst ... 199249289297298299300301309 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,485 of 5143

Thread: 10 - Lionel Messi

His main focus and priority in his life is now his family which is pretty normal for anyone.
    This is the main reason why he wouldn't leave Barça and the city even though he will be able to win more important trophies during the last stage as a player if he leaves.
    Moving to another city, another country is a huge decision for the family and will bring a big change in daily routine.
    But he is only 32 and I would say he is still a kid outside of football.
    I know he has won everything and his achievement in his career is already out of this world but given his age, it is a shame to miss the last glory of his career in favor of his family.

Quote Originally Posted by Barcaman View Post
    You can tell from his words that he likes to have a player to play off from like Suarez who brings a defender or two on himself which in turn creates space for Messi to run into.

Lautaro is strong but he ain't prime Suarez who was a fucking beast and a pest for defenders.
    Quote Originally Posted by henias View Post
    I feel like he's having too much attacking duties. Get an attacker that can try to pull defenders away from him. Preferably a 9. Also, then he can run in the box more rather than drop deep and create all the time.
    I already got the feeling when he was struggling the past few matches. Glad he finally voiced out and also shows how incompetent the board is.

Not just someone who creates space for Messi, also someone who can shoot from any position, especially when Messi usually makes incisive passes which requires the person to score. He made passes to Fati twice in a match, but obviously the latter is still fairly young to perform week in week out at the moment.

Griezmann is totally a wrong profile. Can tell Messi feels he isnt the striker and lacks quality in front of goal.

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Quote Originally Posted by henias View Post
    I already got the feeling when he was struggling the past few matches. Glad he finally voiced out and also shows how incompetent the board is.

Not just someone who creates space for Messi, also someone who can shoot from any position, especially when Messi usually makes incisive passes which requires the person to score. He made passes to Fati twice in a match, but obviously the latter is still fairly young to perform week in week out at the moment.

Griezmann is totally a wrong profile. Can tell Messi feels he isnt the striker and lacks quality in front of goal.
    Griezmann is a very good player but for a different club. He isn't a winger nor is he a striker so he is basically useless to us. Someone picked him as a star signing though and that person should be held accountable.

Him an Abidal are totally finished.

In Messi's MD interview he said that this squad wont win the CL as it stands. Abidal yesterday during the Briathwaite presser said that he strongly believes this team can win the CL.

Abidal is clearly delusional though.
    Puyol #5

Quote Originally Posted by Devils View Post
    Him an Abidal are totally finished.

In Messi's MD interview he said that this squad wont win the CL as it stands. Abidal yesterday during the Briathwaite presser said that he strongly believes this team can win the CL.

Abidal is clearly delusional though.
    Another stupid thing to say as captain from Messi. What kind of mentality is that? I saw even Setien responded to that saying we can compete against anyone.

He didnt say that.

Best midfielder around
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Another stupid thing to say as captain from Messi. What kind of mentality is that? I saw even Setien responded to that saying we can compete against anyone.
    You’re really going after Messi these days. Wonder what he did to you?

Quote Originally Posted by ThwiX View Post
    You’re really going after Messi these days. Wonder what he did to you?
    There were a lot of things he said that I don't like hearing form our captain. No worries, hopefully he will score tomorrow and shine vs Napoli and we can put these aside and focus on the football side, and less on club politics.

Nothing wrong with messi saying barca aren't good enough to win CL, it's the truth. We know it, the whole world knows it. Hopefully this shitty board takes notice, imagine if he said the squad is as good as anyone, we would probably have the same team for next season

Forum D'Amigos Tactical Unit - BBZ Containment Office
    Lol, if Messi had said this team can win the CL, he'd been derided for promoting obvious incompetence by the board/settling for mediocrity.

Messi has flaws. I criticize him for not being judicious in his effort in away CL games and not strategizing better.

He's an okay leader to me. Nothing exceptional but thoroughly committed to all the basic ingredients of being a footballer despite his enormous success. Messi and CR7 are MAGNITUDES better than any competition in this regard.

That's about the extent of the flaws. You're kidding yourself if you think this amount of guaranteed base success (competing for LL EVERY year and winning it 75% of the time) is going to gotten with another player in a very, very, very long time.

Highlight the flaws but appreciate greatness while it is still at Camp Nou.

He said that as of now we are not in the shape for competing with the very best in europe, that currently we are playing bad but believes that this team in this transitional period under new manager would and should grow as the season goes towards the end.

Very realistic point of view he has, but kinda optimistic

I have said in another thread but it's more fitting here. [MENTION=15262]serghei[/MENTION] is a really objective poster except for when it comes to Messi.
    No matter what Messi does, he criticises him 200% more than the next person. It's like they have a personal vendetta.
    If Messi had stated we are fit to compete for CL, Sergei would have said he is delusional and only said that to support his amigos or something like that. I kid you not. This is a real pattern and you won't change my mind after all this posts.

This is why there is a ignore list option on this forum.

Glad Messi admitted we aren't good enough to win CL, with someone like Rakitic or Suarez you can 100% tell that they are absolutely delusional and live in a bubble, but Messi isn't delusional, he sees things how it is, maybe that's why he never stopped improving at the game.

Hope Messi can admit his role in the team is one of the reasons this squad won't win the CL. I'm sure the thought won't haunt him as he drools over his false winger midfielder role.
    Last edited by Laplacian; 22nd February 2020 at 08:58 AM.

New signing

Best thing to do is put that guy on ignore. Completely irrational hate towards the biggest legend the club ever had.
    “You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your fuckin’ fingers and say, “That’s the bad guy.” So… what that make you? Good? You’re not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don’t have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say good night to the bad guy! The last time you gonna see a bad guy like this again, let me tell you. Make way for the bad guy. There’s a bad guy comin’ through! Better get outta his way!”