Lionel Messi - v7

Ritchie

I think he'd have moved on by now but Barca is his home and he'd hate to leave. When he leaves it'll be for Argentina but I don't think that'll be his choice to leave.

Neeraj

At least he recognizes that we're not good enough. Albeit he probably reckons it's due to just adjustment to tactics and things of that nature, when it's clearly a lot bigger than that - which is speed, aggression, pressing, fitness - something I obviously don't expect Messi to acknowledge (and he needn't do so, considering he can't bitch about us not pressing when he can't do it himself).

sickstar

We have also several players that played outside of their favorite position like de jong (xavi esque) and currently don't have an aggressive and confident amf like iniesta, or can we assume arthur has a style like iniesta? Which i cant really see the similiarity. Thats why messi has been playing deep and he has perform quite successfully in doing so with so many assists these past games. Just like in argentina. When you look at his heat map it's clear that he's more like amf than striker nowadays.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You can tell from his words that he likes to have a player to play off from like Suarez who brings a defender or two on himself which in turn creates space for Messi to run into.

Lautaro is strong but he ain't prime Suarez who was a fucking beast and a pest for defenders.

tacticvarium

His main focus and priority in his life is now his family which is pretty normal for anyone.
This is the main reason why he wouldn't leave Barça and the city even though he will be able to win more important trophies during the last stage as a player if he leaves.
Moving to another city, another country is a huge decision for the family and will bring a big change in daily routine.
But he is only 32 and I would say he is still a kid outside of football.
I know he has won everything and his achievement in his career is already out of this world but given his age, it is a shame to miss the last glory of his career in favor of his family.

henias

You can tell from his words that he likes to have a player to play off from like Suarez who brings a defender or two on himself which in turn creates space for Messi to run into.

Lautaro is strong but he ain't prime Suarez who was a fucking beast and a pest for defenders.

I feel like he's having too much attacking duties. Get an attacker that can try to pull defenders away from him. Preferably a 9. Also, then he can run in the box more rather than drop deep and create all the time.

I already got the feeling when he was struggling the past few matches. Glad he finally voiced out and also shows how incompetent the board is.

Not just someone who creates space for Messi, also someone who can shoot from any position, especially when Messi usually makes incisive passes which requires the person to score. He made passes to Fati twice in a match, but obviously the latter is still fairly young to perform week in week out at the moment.

Griezmann is totally a wrong profile. Can tell Messi feels he isnt the striker and lacks quality in front of goal.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I already got the feeling when he was struggling the past few matches. Glad he finally voiced out and also shows how incompetent the board is.

Not just someone who creates space for Messi, also someone who can shoot from any position, especially when Messi usually makes incisive passes which requires the person to score. He made passes to Fati twice in a match, but obviously the latter is still fairly young to perform week in week out at the moment.

Griezmann is totally a wrong profile. Can tell Messi feels he isnt the striker and lacks quality in front of goal.

Griezmann is a very good player but for a different club. He isn't a winger nor is he a striker so he is basically useless to us. Someone picked him as a star signing though and that person should be held accountable.

Devils

Him an Abidal are totally finished.

In Messi's MD interview he said that this squad wont win the CL as it stands. Abidal yesterday during the Briathwaite presser said that he strongly believes this team can win the CL.

Abidal is clearly delusional though.

serghei

Him an Abidal are totally finished.

In Messi's MD interview he said that this squad wont win the CL as it stands. Abidal yesterday during the Briathwaite presser said that he strongly believes this team can win the CL.

Abidal is clearly delusional though.

Another stupid thing to say as captain from Messi. What kind of mentality is that? I saw even Setien responded to that saying we can compete against anyone.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Another stupid thing to say as captain from Messi. What kind of mentality is that? I saw even Setien responded to that saying we can compete against anyone.

You’re really going after Messi these days. Wonder what he did to you?

serghei

You’re really going after Messi these days. Wonder what he did to you?

There were a lot of things he said that I don't like hearing form our captain. No worries, hopefully he will score tomorrow and shine vs Napoli and we can put these aside and focus on the football side, and less on club politics.

Batistuta9

Nothing wrong with messi saying barca aren't good enough to win CL, it's the truth. We know it, the whole world knows it. Hopefully this shitty board takes notice, imagine if he said the squad is as good as anyone, we would probably have the same team for next season

Home of Barca Fans