Lionel Messi - v7

KingLeo10

He won't leave, Barca treated his hormone deficiency when he was young so he hasn't forgot that. If he was gonna leave he would have already done so after Roma or Liverpool losses. Just need some top players in the team so Barca can compete on all fronts again and get the best out of Leo

There's no getting the best out of him.

He doesn't play a defined role. And he doesn't have the workrate for a free role.

He needs to go so we can stop these half ass attempts at a rebuild and actually build around a full squad of young players. With him gone, no other amigo will be left standing.

KingLeo10

What Messi did in that 7th goal of Bayern was some shameful and disgusting.First he gets dispossessed in Barca's own half and then just starts walking instead retrieving the ball he just lost. 50 fucking mil/year.

50 M in his pocket. 100 M to Barca before tax. Robbery.

It's always baffled me how the worse he's gotten, the more he's paid. When he was an actual alien, he got paid 10 M a year. When he's a lazy diva, he's paid 100 M. I understand commercial growth and all that but this is the most baffling thing ever.

Laplacian

Roma, Liverpool, and Bayern all exploited our right side and gained lots from it, and for good reason! Modern football needs wingers. Once again, the only way Messi can exist if we properly want to rebuild is to use him in an Aguero type role up front. Anything other than that is a risk to the teams shape offensively and defensively.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Roma, Liverpool, and Bayern all exploited our right side and gained lots from it, and for good reason! Modern football needs wingers. Once again, the only way Messi can exist if we properly want to rebuild is to use him in an Aguero type role up front. Anything other than that is a risk to the teams shape offensively and defensively.

Thats why i think we would have been a lot stronger with Fati and Dembele on the wings.

Mitchell1978

He was insane in 14/15. Averaged 10 dribbles a game in the CL for some 120 total.

58 goals, 29 assists.

What's really happened is that he's now 33 and he's just about done.

He was insanely good last season, as good if not better then in 14/15 imo, 51 goals 19 assists in far fewer minutes (1,56 G + A/90 min) and on a much worse team.

Tackle

W924eFz.jpg

Richard.H

He was insanely good last season, as good if not better then in 14/15 imo, 51 goals 19 assists in far fewer minutes (1,56 G + A/90 min) and on a much worse team.

18/19 may have been his swan song season. He tried very hard in every CL match. I’m not sure what it will take to motivate Messi again, especially since he isn’t getting younger.

BBZ8800

The sad thing is, this is the moment like in 2003 or 2008 to sell everyone and to turn the page.

But we can't do that.
Barto is here.
And we don't have money for new players due to Covid and bad investments like Griezz, Cou, Dembele.
Plus we have the highest wages in the world, lol.

We will probably just buy Pjanic, Eric and Lautaro, lol.

A 12:1 defeat incoming in 12 months.

** btw, with or without changes, we won't win La liga for at least 2 years.

JerseyAddict

The sad thing is, this is the moment like in 2003 or 2008 to sell everyone and to turn the page.

But we can't do that.
Barto is here.
And we don't have money for new players due to Covid and bad investments like Griezz, Cou, Dembele.
Plus we have the highest wages in the world, lol.

We will probably just buy Pjanic, Eric and Lautaro, lol.

A 12:1 defeat incoming in 12 months.

** btw, with or without changes, we won't win La liga for at least 2 years.

Sadly true.

Richard.H

I just can’t see in my head Messi yelling at players. He probably gave a few death stares and left the locker room

malvolio

I have seen someone mention that this was at HT. Not sure if its true.

But if it's the case its shows you how pathetic this club has become.

It is. And on the video you can see Pepe Costa motivating the players or telling them something. Where the feck was Setien and his rat assistant?

Home of Barca Fans