Lionel Messi - v7

Katarina1

Banned
Small club mentality. So we should just indefinitely support keeping Messi because he's a legend even though he no longer performs at the expected level anymore? This is the kind of mentality small clubs have.

Once legends stop producing at the expected level, they should be phased out and replaced. End of. Call it unappreciative or whatever but this isn't Messi FC, it's a football club, and the longevity and prestige of the club takes precedence over the players.

Truth. These players have no issue threatening to leave to get better contracts, yet we're supposed to be all sentimental because of what they did years ago.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I see a Barca hero who is going through a difficult moment, perhaps the most difficult in his career and I expect the fans to support him

I think most fans, at least most international fans I have seen do support him by wanting the club to honor Messi's wish to leave.

In all seriousness, nobody can deny what Messi has done for the club and the club and the fans should be grateful to him, rightfully. It is time to move on.

kattanib

It is one thing if its just a phase and it will pass, and it is another thing if the player is getting old and we need to build for the future. One requires support and the other requires future planning

BarcaOG

Banned
Small club mentality. So we should just indefinitely support keeping Messi because he's a legend even though he no longer performs at the expected level anymore? This is the kind of mentality small clubs have.

Once legends stop producing at the expected level, they should be phased out and replaced. End of. Call it unappreciative or whatever but this isn't Messi FC, it's a football club, and the longevity and prestige of the club takes precedence over the players.

Exactly. What are we supposed to do according to that pathetic mentality, never retire players?

malvolio

First off, he's THE legend. Not any other legend.

And second, yes this is not Messi FC, but football clubs are mainly watched and followed for the football their players produce. Because this an international club and most in here are not from Catalunia, we can't discuss about local pride, or politics, the things a guy who lives near the Camp Nou might feel.
Why do you think most international fans choose to follow Real or Barca? It's because the aura that surrounds them, the beautiful football and the fact they have the best players in the world.

Treating our best player ever with respect isn't small club mentality. People go from one extreme to the other with him.

Gnidrologist

The club will not start rebuilding, while he's here. If he stays couple a seasons more, it would mean that the team will continue to be 'pickled' around his old man ass and no progress in finding new modes of operation, formations and tactics will be commenced. If not even teh koemmander can bench him or command where and how he plays then no one can. Cuz muh resspekt.

Porque

Why would Messi agree to be the campaign mascot of a presidential candidate if he signs for another club?

I should have been clearer. What I mean is that we already know Messi won't be staying so we don't need to worry about Font (or whoever) willowing on about it being imperitive that Messi stays. But also, that it takes the responsibility of having to try and keep Messi out of the campaigns and they can simply say that they wish that Messi stayed but it is out of their hands.

CatalinR10

??????

He's the GOAT.

How about treating the best player the club has ever had with the respect that he deserves ? No one is saying to keep him untill he's 40 but at least show some respect and let him leave when he clearly doesn't want to be here anymore. Dude lost 4 finals with Argentina which fucked him up mentally a lot , lost a CL lead against Roma , lost a CL lead against Liverpool and got humiliated vs Bayern . At least let him leave to wherever he wants to just chill and not have the burden of having to carry the team for the bilionth year in a row while he can't do that anymore since he's 33.

He's had a shit game against Atletico but funny how he still had more impact then our 400 mil signings LMAO.

I feel like Neymar , even if he's a piece of shit , and Suarez really had a big impact on Messi turning it around after he lost with Argentina. I feel like he was in a really bad place but they helped him out of it. Both are gone.

He watched the club sign star pleb players which don't belong in the team and bring in pathetic coaches one after another. He probably knows about all the shit that went at the club behind doors. He wasn't allowed to leave and now they want to cut his salary or some shit like that. After all this you want the player who at this moment is kinda bigger than the club and everyone in there to actually come at the trainings and give 100% ?

LOL.

You can call it lack or respect , bla bla bla.

For all I care he , Cruyff , Xavi , Iniesta , if they get dissrespected by the club , especially Messi , after their contribution to it , they can go into training and do nothing , take a piss in front of everyone and just leave home.

The Observer

Joie de vivre

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">💔 <a href="https://t.co/WWbdWY2IM7">pic.twitter.com/WWbdWY2IM7</a></p>? Cul? (@MessiScored) <a href="https://twitter.com/MessiScored/status/1330910398829244420?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 23, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

GOAT. Completely focused on the training and clearly unhappy about the club's recent results while everyone else is laughing, petting and fist bumping each other, having fun and not giving a shit about anything while sitting at 13th place in La Liga.

CatalinR10

He ain't playing today ?

SMH.

He could have travelled and play last 30 mins to score a goal 100%.

Don't know if I should even bother watching the game.

Home of Barca Fans