Lionel Messi - v7

jairzinho

Chose to back Valverde because a new coach would most likely mean his buddies would leave. Look where we’re at now eh?

BarcaVillain

remember at the start of last season Messi made that speech? well, it backfired spectacularly. it wasn't totally Messi's fault ofcourse but the SAME players to blame are not only still at the club.. they are still starting every match. the same shit manager is STILL here after 2 bottle jobs in a row - Messi backed Valverde publicly like the rest of these entitled seniors.

its harsh to bash Messi but at some point you gotta question his motivation here.. are we a playground for him and his buddies to have a kick around until they all retire? because it sure seems like it. is that really the end to his career he and people want?

I get the frustration and you do make some good points. When we spend so much on Greizmann its strange that an out of sorts Suarez still starts in the centre and shunts Antoine out to the wing where he isn't as effective.

Tbf I think he's gone about as far as he can with his public criticism. It was hardly a coded message to the board about the Neymar transfer debacle, publicly suggesting the board didn't do enough, even suggesting they lied about their interest.

As far as the speech goes, it was obviously from the heart. It did backfire, though he did his best to win the tie against Liverpool. At the end of the day, the hierarchy needs an overhaul from top to bottom. Messi isn't paid to structure a club, he's paid to play football, and as far as I'm concerned, has never let us down on that. Players should never get involved in club politics.

RevoTeller

someone is really naive here, Messi is bigger than this club, no need to say anything in public, if he wanted Valverde out Valverde would be already sacked long time ago. He just doesn't have that personality to push moves behind the scenes like Maradona, Ibra or Ronaldo.

Sorry, but what is the name of that overrated Ikea flat-track bully doing there? :lol:

Havesaks

Messi bears no fault, even if he had the power some May think he has, the fault is the managements for giving him it in the first place.

clemente

Fuck off blaming Messi for literally anything you ratfucks, he isn't a sporting director, not his job to sack Valverde, madrid cunts

Messigician

Messi was competely right, we need Neymar but it seems he's happy at Paris now as we didnt even try to get him. Go F*** yourself Barto you rat. This is the end of your time here and the Neymar failure will represent your disastrous reign over my club

De Jong comes out and says the bad results are the players fault, not the managers.

Barcaforum reaction : He must regret signing here .... Must have wished he signed for psg.... Shame he has to play with Raki and Roberto...... I feel sorry for him.

Messi comes out and says the bad results are the players fault, not the managers.

Barcaforum reaction : this is all his fault....he deserves everything he gets....fuck him and his club de amigos.... couldn't give a shit about his legacy he can leave.

It looks like familiarity breeds contempt. Hope Messi leaves this year and goes to a club with a more appreciative fan base.

serghei

De Jong comes out and says the bad results are the players fault, not the managers.

Barcaforum reaction : He must regret signing here .... Must have wished he signed for psg.... Shame he has to play with Raki and Roberto...... I feel sorry for him.

Messi comes out and says the bad results are the players fault, not the managers.

Barcaforum reaction : this is all his fault....he deserves everything he gets....fuck him and his club de amigos.... couldn't give a shit about his legacy he can leave.

It looks like familiarity breeds contempt. Hope Messi leaves this year and goes to a club with a more appreciative fan base.

I see your logic. Because De Jong is a great talent that means everything he says is true. Lol.

Every player who says the manager is not to blame when the football we play as a collective is terrible is wrong. Messi, De Jong and whoever else may say this idiotic thing in the future no matter the reasons they say it.

SG-7

Fuck off blaming Messi for literally anything you ratfucks, he isn't a sporting director, not his job to sack Valverde, madrid cunts

When all this gets sorted and valverde eventually leaves...half the fuckwits on this forum should be banned as well. Thinking they know better looking from the outside in.

Imagine the shitfest if Messi actually came out and told Valverde to "fuck off" and yet the board wanted to retain him for the rest of the season...what then.

When all this gets sorted and valverde eventually leaves...half the fuckwits on this forum should be banned as well. Thinking they know better looking from the outside in.

Imagine the shitfest if Messi actually came out and told Valverde to "fuck off" and yet the board wanted to retain him for the rest of the season...what then.

People only realise how good they had it until that person has gone. It's a shame that Messi will only truly be appreciated when he is not here.

What's even more shameful is it is not like we have not been warned. Madrid fans were the same with Ron when Ron was there. Although for me most of Madrids demise is due to the introduction of VAR , they obviously miss CR7 as well

fergus90

It’s amazing that it’s 2019 and hundreds of millions of pounds later and we still rely on Messi for almost everything offensively.

When does his contract expire? For the first time I’m having doubts he will continue here, if he doesn’t see the direction where Barca are heading.

Home of Barca Fans