Lionel Messi - v7

xXKonan

[tw]1171539625325793281[/tw]

Right now it seems difficult to see him play on Saturday but nothing is ruled out just yet.

xXKonan

[tw]1171545268929650695[/tw]

Says recovery is going well but slower than expected and right now the feelings aren't the best so he will probably not play on Saturday.

Leo_Messi

[tw]1171545268929650695[/tw]

Says recovery is going well but slower than expected and right now the feelings aren't the best so he will probably not play on Saturday.

It says that the idea is not to let him play against Valencia as well. So basically ruling him out of the game for now.

That is what old age does (32), no pre-season, a tiring Copa América being played on potato fields and probably Messi forcing a return before the Osasuna game and thus suffering from a small relapse as rumored originally.

Anyway this season should be the last in his career in terms of wanting to play every single game possible. In fact I would have nothing against Messi returning to his optimal form in a few months time. Let the team get used to a post-Messi era slowly. Malmierda cannot afford to base his entire "tactic" around a 32.5 year old Messi no matter how insanely good he is when ready to play. Nor should his teammates be looking for him nonstop.

With the arrivals of Griezmann and De Jong the need to do that constantly should diminish somewhat. Better be the case this season as we will otherwise have wasted tons of money on strengthening the team to no avail as with Coutinho and Dembélé.

Last edited:

clemente

This is amazing, watching Valverde look like he's taking a shit in the forest on the sidelines while we are getting ran through with a 1 bil squad is becoming my favorite thing.

Messigician

I said it before, something stinks with Messi, and the news about his contract situation leaking out now of all times is very fishy.

I said it before, something stinks with Messi, and the news about his contract situation leaking out now of all times is very fishy.

The most likely explanation is that the club rushed him back after the Bilbao loss, he aggravated the issue, but now they’re too embarrassed to admit it.

Basically, the initial Rac1 report was correct.

Hardy

descartado for saturday

he definitely had a relapse before Betis match. this season started really well :busquets:

wisconsincule

Fuck. I’d rather have him injured now than late in the season but this sucks. I miss watching him play and our coach has no solution for playing without him.

huskerdu

I am flying in to Spain with tickets to see Barca play Getafe (sept 28), Inter, and Sevilla

Starting to feel like Messi won't play in any of those.

Home of Barca Fans