Lionel Messi - v7

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Messi interview on RAC1 tomorrow.

EGWvdn6WoAABq3h

Potroh

Did you know that if the Brexit happens at the end of the month, Messi will not be allowed to step foot in UK territory anymore?
What would happen if in the next CL round Barca gets an English team?

Pedro

La Masia
Did you know that if the Brexit happens at the end of the month, Messi will not be allowed to step foot in UK territory anymore?

They will make an exception for Leo.

khaled_a_d

Why? He is just like other Europeans on the team since he is Spanish citizen

Potroh

Why? He is just like other Europeans on the team since he is Spanish citizen

Because he has a dossier or record having been sentenced in Spain, even if the verdict has sentenced him on probation.
If the Brexit happens, one will not be allowed to enter the UK if he/she is on probation.

khaled_a_d

Because he has a dossier or record having been sentenced in Spain, even if the verdict has sentenced him on probation.
If the Brexit happens, one will not be allowed to enter the UK if he/she is on probation.

I see.
But this will be their problem to deal with. I think -especially after last year's EL final- UEFA won't allow games were certain players aren't allowed to play.

Potroh

I see.
But this will be their problem to deal with. I think -especially after last year's EL final- UEFA won't allow games were certain players aren't allowed to play.

You sound a bit too naive.
UEFA has no jurisdiction over British law, and if they ask for exceptions, for Messi, Ronaldo, etc., they also have to allow another 50.000 people with the same situation.
If it happens, it won't be easy at all.

Messigician

Just saw Messi's full interview. Very humble man, he said he will retire here, he once again backed Valverde as the dressing room likes him, he spoke about Neymar and said he wants him back but he understands that the way he left complicates things, and that he will do everything he can do win the champions league that's the priority this season

Just saw Messi's full interview. Very humble man, he said he will retire here, he once again backed Valverde as the dressing room likes him, he spoke about Neymar and said he wants him back but he understands that the way he left complicates things, and that he will do everything he can do win the champions league that's the priority this season

Captain, Leader, Legend.

khaled_a_d

You sound a bit too naive.
UEFA has no jurisdiction over British law, and if they ask for exceptions, for Messi, Ronaldo, etc., they also have to allow another 50.000 people with the same situation.
If it happens, it won't be easy at all.

I am not naive, It is their problem to solve not ours. If they don't want our players to enter, then the games shouldn't be played there in the 1st place.
Never mind that there is always ways for exceptions. It isn't like the UK didn't allow many people who had criminal cases (mainly political) to enter the country. They will manage and Messi will step a foot there normally.

Home of Barca Fans