Lionel Messi - v7

BusiTheKing

Solving the Messi problem is likely the most important tactical issue and I think false 9 is the correct answer as well. Messi can't play a 10 because you need to put in work as a dynamic pass station in general non-threateting play and Messi doesn't do that at all.

If we get a striker then it's Messi RW and farewell to balance.

snowy

Not just the wingers.. This revitalized squad offers much more dynamism, speed and variety. Think Koe will soon switch Busi to supersub role and use Griezz further back away from goal. Unless strike coach Larsson can somehow train Grizzi Bear to do some new tricks.
For instance, this single pivot 4-3-4 backbone with the top 4 interchanging and liaising quickly would yield some serious attacking threat, and allow plenty of flexibility rotation-wise.

Ansu/Demb - Messi/Colgate - Trink/Demb
Couti/Puig/Pedri
Pedri/Rafi/Konrad - Bob/Griezz/Pjanic
Frenkie/Pjanic
Firpo/Alba - Lenglet/Araujo - Pique/Todibo - Dest/Moussa
Neto/MaTs​

Good thing we're getting Dest. He'll bring much needed balance to the right.

edit: oh shit! I always end up adding that extra player! lol

ok go 4-2-3-1 then...

Ansu/Demb - Messi/Colgate - Trink/Demb
Couti/Puig/Pedri
Frenkie/Puig/Pedri - Pjanic/Grizz/Bob
Firpo/Alba - Lenglet/Araujo - Pique/Todibo - Dest/Moussa
Neto/MaTs​

Last edited:

BerkeleyBernie

Nice Leo.

You can give your loverboy Suarez and also Neymar penalties, but not Ansu, who won the penalty, to complete his hattrick at age 17?

Share on you.

I guess padding stats means more.

Yeah, that was a dick move. Could have given the kid and Barca fans a nice moment to celebrate (not to mention he would have gotten praise for the generosity as well).

Andresito

Staff member
Messi was pretty invisible the first 20 min or so, had like 3/7 passes.
If he is to play as a 9 he needs to get used to being isolated for parts of the games. He might be tempted to drop down to get the ball, but he needs to have faith in the rest of the team and should rather find other solutions to become more involved.

We need to feed Messi as close to the box as possible.

Home of Barca Fans