Ernesto Valverde

BarcaOG

Banned
Except that Klopp actually made his liverpool side much better by making good signing and instilling upon it a fighting mentality. Sort of like the opposite of what EV did.

Terrible comparison

Fati_Future_BallonDor

mmmmmm you do know that we got trashed by fucking rome 3-0 one of the weakest teams in europe, and while 3-0 down
he froze and made a sub in the 80th min, i hope you do remember that it was fucking gomez that he brought on, while we had
demble and other attackers in the sub, mmmmmmm yup he is a really decent tactician , hhhhhh.
you guys have really short memory, i will never ever forget the feeling for those humiliating loses, my son was crying during
those loses and screaming how could this happen how.

The brain of the players should have been enough to qualify after a 4-1 and a 3-0 win. Of course the coach has also his fault but imo the players are the main culprit.

CatalinR10

Don't forget Benitez, far better and more established coaches than Valmierda and Cuckien

agreed.

at least Benitez managed Valencia , Liverpool , Inter , Chelsea , Napoli before going to Madrid.

Valverde coached Athletic and in Greece LOL.

Won't even talk about the cow whisperer.

And these are from someone who is trying to be nice about the whole situation.

Justice for the GOAT.

Morten

Bring up his Valencia and Pool achievments are the same as bringing up what Mou was doing with Porto and Chelsea, 10-15 years in football may as well be ancient history.
Benitez was NOT a world beater when he came to RM, and Scolari isnt anything to write home about.

There are reasonable arguments you guys can bring up to suit your needs, this is plain nonsense, retract those two from the list, please.

Birdy

Benitez made 2 CL finals, won 1 v Milan and managed to win big titles with Pool and Valencia...he used to beat prime Mou and Chelsea for a living too in the CL.

He was washed up by his RM stint but overall he was a very good coach.

Benitez is a strange case.
His spell in Valencia was the most successful and showed that he has world-class potential,
which he himself annulled with his spell at Liverpool (despite the initial success, he failed to make Liverpool a real contender to UTD, always 3rd or 4th and in 08/09 he lost a league by drawing easy home games).
From then on (Inter, Napoli, etc) it was all downright spiral.

The verdict for him is out, and he should not belong to the world-class category

Batistuta9

Benitez is a strange case.
His spell in Valencia was the most successful and showed that he has world-class potential,
which he himself annulled with his spell at Liverpool (despite the initial success, he failed to make Liverpool a real contender to UTD, always 3rd or 4th and in 08/09 he lost a league by drawing easy home games).
From then on (Inter, Napoli, etc) it was all downright spiral.

The verdict for him is out, and he should not belong to the world-class category

He isn't on the level of the very best but he is still a very good manager. His reputation has taken a knock since inter Milan. Before that he was regarded as world class. He's definitely on a different level to valverde and setien.

He has managed some of the biggest clubs in the world, none of our managers bar pep in recent history have managed clubs on that level.

Morten

He isn't on the level of the very best but he is still a very good manager. His reputation has taken a knock since inter Milan. Before that he was regarded as world class. He's definitely on a different level to valverde and setien.

He has managed some of the biggest clubs in the world, none of our managers bar pep in recent history have managed clubs on that level.

It drives me fucking crazy, how are you people still comparing Valverde, an actual winner of trophies(+decent spell at Bilbao) to Setien, a nobody, who`s achieved exactly zero in his career, despite being older than the former?

None of this "oh, but Valverde played boring, cowardly football, therefore he is worse than the plague!", there are levels between him and Setien, get a grip!

Last edited:

Batistuta9

It drives me fucking crazy, how are you people still comparing Valverde, an actual winner of trophies(+decent spell at Bilbao) to Setien, a nobody, who`s achieved exactly zero in his career, despite being older than the former?

I rate valverde higher than setien and I think most people do. The reason I put them together is because I believe both are inferior coaches to benitez.

Batistuta9

Then stop putting them in the same sentence, they are not remotely equals.

Have you joined messigician in the EV defence league? This is the first time I've put them together and the reason is because I believe both are inferior to benitez. Why should I write two sentences when I can explain it in one.

Morten

Have you joined messigician in the EV defence league? This is the first time I've put them together and the reason is because I believe both are inferior to benitez. Why should I write two sentences when I can explain it in one.

No, unlike him i dont believe EV is the best thing since slized bread(if you like bread, that is), but, he is definitely above average, his results prove it, no matter how "boring" you find his football(Barca were the highest scorers in the league during his entire spell there, btw).

Setien is some random nobody, who achieved fuck-all in his entire career.

Mitchell1978

None of this "oh, but Valverde played boring, cowardly football, therefore he is worse than the plague!", there are levels between him and Setien, get a grip!

Some truth to this, Messi performed under Valverde to similar levels like he did under Enrique, Guaridiola & Villanova despite being older.

serghei

Yep, teams are lining up to sign Valverde. He's better than Setien, but not by much.

There's some nuances in this discussion. Valverde has won more, but Setien made Las fucking Palmas into one of the teams to watch in La Liga. A newly promoted side that basically went to shit after he was gone. At Betis they also declined after he was gone, from fighting for EL places and even playing in Europe and beating Milan, to being a 2nd part of the table team.

Both Setien and Valverde are good managers. Valverde is more accomplished, Setien plays very good football when he is allowed to impose his style. Neither is that great and neither has what it takes to manage a very big club. There are pluses and minuses with each of them, and I agree that Valverde has a bit more pluses and less minuses. But acting as if one is in a different league to the other... :lol: based of him arriving at Barca 3 years earlier, when things weren't as shit and the veterans weren't as past it.

Last edited:

Morten

Yep, teams are lining up to sign Valverde. He's better than Setien, but not by much.

There's some nuances in this discussion. Valverde has won more, but Setien made Las fucking Palmas into one of the teams to watch in La Liga. A newly promoted side that basically went to shit after he was gone. At Betis they also declined after he was gone, from fighting for EL places and even playing in Europe and beating Milan, to being a 2nd part of the table team.

Both Setien and Valverde are good managers. Valverde is more accomplished, Setien plays very good football when he is allowed to impose his style. Neither is that great and neither has what it takes to manage a very big club. There are pluses and minuses with each of them, and I agree that Valverde has a bit more pluses and less minuses. But acting as if one is in a different league to the other... :lol: based of him arriving at Barca 3 years earlier, when things weren't as shit and the veterans weren't as past it.

Yes, lets act as if it wasn`t full doomsday mood here in the summer of 2017, then Valverde took you to a domestic double and nearly unbeaten season.

Im not kidding, there are levels between Setien and Valverde as coaches.

Last edited:

serghei

Yes, lets act as if it wasn`t full doomsday mood here in the summer of 2017, then Valverde took you to a domestic double and nearly unbeaten season,

Im not kidding, there are levels between Setien adn Valverde as coaches.

It's always doomsday with transfer sagas like Neymar's. Doesn't mean much. The team was far stronger back then, with all key players a good few years younger. I've not seen those levels you're talking about. Unless you base it on their Barca career, which would be wrong, because the conditions were totally different.

Home of Barca Fans